United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Don't you have a credit card ffs?
I do, but I'm already hilted up to the max and trying to not overspend. Last weekend would have been bad news without the Madrid trip as a £#%&!ing bonus kick in the teeth.

He's taking my dad now. Fair enough i suppose, my dad missed out on 99.

Unread 25-01-2013, 02:19 PM
elephantstone

I regret going to the fa cup final in 95, I ended up getting arrested and having to get a taxi home as I was godfather to my mates daughter the next day. I was 6 weeks sober and went back on it that morning, by the end of june I was really ill and I had a 10 day detox and still went back on it a week later but stopped altogether by the end of July........phew.

Unread 25-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Like I said buddy, with Shearer or Batistuta in particular.. maybe a European Cup or two ?!

Quite an allegation that... and no "" emoticon to soften the blow and infer that you're having a jest.. a bit of banter !?

crikey ...I could get angry
Cole broke United's European scoring record and is still the leading goal scorer in PL history from open play

Neither Shearer or Batistuta got close to winning the European Cup

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Cole broke United's European scoring record and is still the leading goal scorer in PL history from open play

Categorically the best players in fairly ordinary teams.

Robin Van Persie doesn't have either a Champions or European Cup Medal to his name.. but there's no doubting he's been an absolute revelation.

May well be one of the huge factors in making a difference this season.. let's hope so.

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:

He's also third in terms of assists, behind only Giggs and Bergkamp, in the premier league era. Not bad for such a shit player tbf.

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Categorically the best players in fairly ordinary teams.

Robin Van Persie doesn't have either a Champions or European Cup Medal to his name.. but there's no doubting he's been an absolute revelation.

May well be one of the huge factors in making a difference this season.. let's hope so.
no maybe about it, he is the single biggest factor - we've got a world class striker again

what you're talking about is different to that though, you're talking about a partner for Cantona (unless you mean as a replacement?), not someone to show him how it should be done as RvP has with Rooney.

not signing Shearer in 92 we dodged a bullet big-time and we had only to wait until November to find out why, when Eric signed (again, unless you'd have preferred we didn't?). not signing him in 96 led us to Solskjaer, Yorke and the Treble.

United should have been in the 97 CL final and were the top side in the group stages the next season. Which seasons do you think Shearer would have made the difference exactly?

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:44 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I regret going to the fa cup final in 95, I ended up getting arrested and having to get a taxi home as I was godfather to my mates daughter the next day. I was 6 weeks sober and went back on it that morning, by the end of june I was really ill and I had a 10 day detox and still went back on it a week later but stopped altogether by the end of July........phew.
so, it turned out ok then in the end and you got to watch the match? stop crying about it ffs.

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Ashley's Grime

Three of us went to OT on the day that we beat Ipswich 9-0. We went to sign petitions for Eric, etc. Anyway we didn't have tickets for the game and my mate went into the Harley Davidson shop on Deansgate. I was sat in the car lsitening to Tom Tyrell say it's 6-0, 7-0, etc.

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:55 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Im going to add a United dodged bullet. Turning down a ticket to the Vermins 4-1 win over us in 2009
Didn't manage to dodge the bullet myself, mate offered me his ticket last minute as he couldn't make it

Unread 25-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Bronson

not being 15-20 years older for the good old days

Unread 25-01-2013, 04:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson
not being 15-20 years older for the good old days
some of the stories and photo's my old man has from following United home and away in the seventies are £#%&!ing brilliant.

United played in stuttgart in pre-season and my old man and his mates hitch hiked over a month to there and did odd jobs all along the way there and back. They all ended up staying in the south of france for two months until they'd all run out of money and virtually everyone in france hated them

Would have loved to have been following the docs side especially in the second division

Unread 25-01-2013, 04:27 PM
My Name is Keith

Missed Rotterdam because the lads I used to go with couldn't make it despite us going to a lot of the away ties that year incl Wrexham , Montpellier etc.

Didnt get into the Blackburn OT match despite going to nearly every match that season (Sheff Weds was the one though) and I also missed the cup semi with Arse in 99.

Did my best to miss Barca by booking with Millwest but where there's a will and all that. Still the greatest football event I've ever been involved with and I can't see me ever experiencing anything like with United ever again.

Unread 25-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Did my best to miss Barca by booking with Millwest but where there's a will and all that. Still the greatest football event I've ever been involved with and I can't see me ever experiencing anything like with United ever again.
Agree with that.

Kind of sad though that'll it'll never be that good again.

One of the best experiences of my life. Still remember contemplating whether or not to take my eldest ( 3 at the time )... just so that he could say he was there.

Unread 25-01-2013, 07:28 PM
stax

Applauding Gary Lineker off the pitch when he played his last match. If only I'd known what he would turn into.

Missing the 99 FA Cup Semi

Unread 25-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
Applauding Gary Lineker off the pitch when he played his last match. If only I'd known what he would turn into.

Missing the 99 FA Cup Semi
he was a @#%&! way before then though - don't remember him ever having anything other than scorn for United, and he was as surprised as anyone by that weird moment on the last day of The End. Proud to say I didn't join in

Unread 25-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Ashley's Grime

I took the dog for a walk when Keane got sent off in the 99 semi. I had a radio listening to it whilst I was out and I was opening the front door when Giggs scored.

Unread 25-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Chorlton74

not going to villa park for the 2nd match in 99.

26/5/99

dont ask.

:shakehead:

Unread 25-01-2013, 08:12 PM
stax

Quote:
he was a @#%&! way before then though - don't remember him ever having anything other than scorn for United, and he was as surprised as anyone by that weird moment on the last day of The End. Proud to say I didn't join in
...I know, bad judgement on my behalf :shakehead:

Unread 25-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
...I know, bad judgement on my behalf :shakehead:
Me too. :shakehead:

See, on rawk they'd be going 'remember when we applauded Lineker? Class and dignity la'.

On here it's '£#%&!ing jug-eared @#%&!, wish I'd never bothered'.

Unread 25-01-2013, 08:46 PM
elephantstone

I ended up with 9 tickets for the semi replay in 99 6 of them director freebies. Sandy Busby said make sure they go to proper reds, propers lads.
Closed Thread