United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:13 PM
BarryX

Default Re: Official; Howard Webb appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
I hope there's no backlash against the english in the dam, few fredsters over there
I wasn't too far off my prediction of last week, prior to 'Webby' being announced as the ref, in the '(Fredsters) going to the dam thread last week:

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...53&postcount=7

RIP or coffee shops.

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:26 PM
thatsfuctit

nut him Howard

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:46 PM
TaylorMUFC

Dont understand why he's getting so much grief. Did well in a game where the players from both sides were being @#%&!s. The Dutch being dirty @#%&!s and the Spanish going down at every slight touch. Kept the game flowing when he could. If anyone should be getting slated it should be the players.

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:48 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMUFC
Dont understand why he's getting so much grief. Did well in a game where the players from both sides were being @#%&!s. The Dutch being dirty @#%&!s and the Spanish going down at every slight touch. Kept the game flowing when he could. If anyone should be getting slated it should be the players.

he's getting grief, because any half competent ref would have sent off at least 2 Dutch players in the first half alone. You can call the Spanish all the names you want, but the Dutch were dirty @#%&!s tonight, and Webb let them get away with it

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Serenity Now

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:51 PM
TaylorMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
he's getting grief, because any half competent ref would have sent off at least 2 Dutch players in the first half alone. You can call the Spanish all the names you want, but the Dutch were dirty @#%&!s tonight, and Webb let them get away with it
They were but what everyone needs to remember is that (Van Bommel) aside, it wasnt just one player doing all the bad tackles. It was all of them hence the shit loads of yellow cards. You cant go sending one person off because all the team are committing fouls.

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:55 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Turn safesearch off
tried that. but nothing to my liking

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:58 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
They were but what everyone needs to remember is that (Van Bommel) aside, it wasnt just one player doing all the bad tackles. It was all of them hence the shit loads of yellow cards. You cant go sending one person off because all the team are committing fouls.
maybe that is one area that Fifa should look into, it was obvious tonight what they were doing, but unless a second yellow or straight red offence occurred (which it did, DeJong) the the ref is powerless. Team fouls should apply, ref has a word with the captain, and tells him that the next £#%&!er is off no matter what, that would sort the bastards out.

Unread 12-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Albert Tatlock

Webb was on a hiding to nothing tonight. No matter what he did he'd get critisised.

But...De Jong should have gone, and if that had been Vidic against Torres in a premiership match it would have been a red. He £#%&!ed up plain and simple.

However, already he's reffed the european cup final and the world cup final so there won't be any 'comebacks'

Unread 12-07-2010, 08:05 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
maybe that is one area that Fifa should look into, it was obvious tonight what they were doing, but unless a second yellow or straight red offence occurred (which it did, DeJong) the the ref is powerless. Team fouls should apply, ref has a word with the captain, and tells him that the next £#%&!er is off no matter what, that would sort the bastards out.
de jong's was a straight red. webb bottled it.

Unread 12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

He's a stupid bald South Yorkshire @#%&!.

Unread 12-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Charlestown Rouge

This piece gets it spot on

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...trollable.html

Unread 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
de jong's was a straight red. webb bottled it.
Probably, it wasn't cut and dried though. I think the ref should do his best to keep players on the pitch. If they leave him no option then they have to go, a high foot is always a grey area.

I think Webb mostly did pretty well.

Unread 12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
MJ Ramone

I love the hypocrisy on TalkSport (yes, I know I shouldn't let it annoy me..but it DOES) ...apparently Webb did great last night because it would have been too easy to send someone off.
Apparently it's the right thing to keep your red cards in your pocket early on in a show piece game. No Referee wants to be remembered for spoiling a Cup Final.

Funny that, because they had the exact opposite view when Vidic didn't get a red card in the Carling Cup Final

Unread 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Bral

How the £#%&! are the Dutch blaming Webb for the defeat? They were lucky to only have one player sent off.

Yes in a normal league match or even any other world cup match some of the challenges we saw last night would've resulted in red cards but you can understand Webb showing leniency last night as it was the world cup final. If he had sent off 2-3 more players (which he could've easily done) then he'd have been slammed even more for 'ruining' the final.

Holland were beaten fairly. Robben had a golden chance to deliver Holland the world cup and missed it.

Unread 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
redmike

I thought the bald south yorkshire @#%&! had no choice in every yellow card he dished out, the dutch and the spanish were at him all game, surrounding him, putting him under pressure everytime, but still if you asked these pundits in a days time about refs being got at, they would hark back to the utd boro game nearly a decade ago as the no1 example, and that was mild compared to some of the stuff you saw in that final last night.

Unread 12-07-2010, 02:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Spot on.

The Dutch were disgusting last night. Rubbish football, cynical tactics and the way they went after Webb and his assistants after the goal and at the end was a disgrace. That they've had the nerve to try and blame Webb for the defeat really sums up what a bunch of @#%&!s they are. It would have been awful for football had that team been crowned World champions.

Unread 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up Re: Official; Howard Webb appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Robben had a golden chance to deliver Holland the world cup and missed it.
twice......

and it will taunt him for the rest of his days

Unread 12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Spot on.

The Dutch were disgusting last night. Rubbish football, cynical tactics and the way they went after Webb and his assistants after the goal and at the end was a disgrace. That they've had the nerve to try and blame Webb for the defeat really sums up what a bunch of @#%&!s they are. It would have been awful for football had that team been crowned World champions.
co-sign that

webb is the best of a bad bunch Prem wise, but he alright i thought

Unread 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM
red in cumbria

I wonder if Webb had orders from on high last night not to send anybody off too early, if he could possibly avoid it, in order to avoid "ruining" the supposed "biggest showpiece in football". Maybe even from the corrupt old Swiss @#%&! himself??
Closed Thread