United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 28-04-2024, 07:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
I keep saying it, but I don't think you can underestimate the impact of all the injuries, and all the Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford %@#$&!s.

If people think that Gareth Southgate or the Poundland Pep at Brighton would do better then I don't know what to say.
I also genuinely think that our "great owners" massively outstaying their welcome when we all hoped they would finally £#%&! off in the summer, can't be discounted as a factor. The smell of death around the club in the later part of 2023 was genuinely palpable.

Yes our players are a bunch of fannies and shit@#%&!s, with only a few exceptions. But that would have tested any squad.

Unread 29-04-2024, 10:24 AM
Stickman

You can’t say anything when they’re like that.

Unread 29-04-2024, 10:38 AM
Whip Hubley

I mean we're certainly entertaining for the neutral and ABUs

Unread 29-04-2024, 10:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
I keep saying it, but I don't think you can underestimate the impact of all the injuries, and all the Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford %@#$&!s.

If people think that Gareth Southgate or the Poundland Pep at Brighton would do better then I don't know what to say.
But he is in charge of the Sancho & Rashford stuff, it's his man management that should have been either putting a hand around the shoulder or tearing off the band aid. It's clear he can't handle the dressing room.

His signings have been gash. & he doesn't hold enough sway with whoever was out there buying players not from his old team.

The football has gone to utter shit - any improvements we saw in players last season, the likes of AWB suddenly looking competent on the ball are just distant memories. I can't think of a single player in the squad who's blossomed into a better footballer in these two years under his guidance.

He spent £45m on Onana who just can't stop £#%&!ing up. It's a joke.

Literally no one wants Southgate or De Zerbi here. No one.

Managers available:

Zidane - just the three European cups & a couple of leagues at Real.
Hansi Flick - treble winner with Bayern in '19-'20
Tuchel - 3 leagues, CL winner

Those are all available at the end of the season, no need to buy them out of contracts or negotiate - just proven top level winners, multiple leagues wins, multiple CL's between them in recent history at the biggest clubs in Europe.

If people think that proven CL winners & best coaches in Europe wouldn't do better than this, I don't know what to say.

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:02 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
But he is in charge of the Sancho & Rashford stuff, it's his man management that should have been either putting a hand around the shoulder or tearing off the band aid. It's clear he can't handle the dressing room.

His signings have been gash. & he doesn't hold enough sway with whoever was out there buying players not from his old team.

The football has gone to utter shit - any improvements we saw in players last season, the likes of AWB suddenly looking competent on the ball are just distant memories. I can't think of a single player in the squad who's blossomed into a better footballer in these two years under his guidance.

Managers available:

Those are all available at the end of the season, no need to buy them out of contracts or negotiate - just proven top level winners, multiple leagues wins, multiple CL's between them in recent history at the biggest clubs in Europe.

If people think that proven CL winners & best coaches in Europe wouldn't do better than this, I don't know what to say.
They all know that there are great managers out there. They just pretend that Southgate is the only option because it suits their blinkered agenda.

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

Managers available:

Apart from garnacho and mainoo ?

Your post is full of so many lies it's almost impossible to multi quote.....

Erik is a multi silverware winning manager but you've ignored him for Hans £#%&!ing flick, Jesus Christ.....

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:06 AM
NedKelly

Here’s a rough transcript of us asking Zidane, Flick and Tuchel if they’d like to manage Manchester United:

Us - “Would you like to manage Manchester United?”
Them - “No.”
Us - “OK thanks for your time.”

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Here’s a rough transcript of us asking Zidane, Flick and Tuchel if they’d like to manage Manchester United:

Them - “No.”
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=274

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:11 AM
NedKelly

I know, it’s like no one is paying attention.

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Them - “No.”
It doesn't matter. The point stands. It's not ETH or Southgate. It's ETH or another manager. I can see why people are afraid to say, yeah maybe I was wrong on this fella but making up daft binary choices isn't a good look.

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Them - “No.”
So it's not only that there's nobody else that could come in and do a good job, it's that there is - but nobody decent would want the job?

We're still talking about Manchester United, aren't we?

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:31 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
So it's not only that there's nobody else that could come in and do a good job, it's that there is - but nobody decent would want the job?

Will you give the next guy longer than 7 months......

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:36 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Will you give the next guy longer than 7 months......
I did

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:37 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Tbh it was a tongue in cheek comment but there’s not a chance in hell Zidane comes here. I don’t know why people keep bringing him up like it’s even the faintest possibility. It isn’t happening, and he wouldn’t do well here anyway. There’s managing egos of players like Modric, Ronaldo, Ramos and Marcelo, and then there’s managing the egos of our lot… I’m not saying we have bigger egos here, but there’s definitely a difference in class and quality of player for the most part.

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I did
We've been through this ?

In the last 7 months you've DUMPED him now posting utter bile about him....

You do you...

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
We've been through this ?

In the last 7 months you've DUMPED him now posting utter bile about him....

You do you...
You said "will you give him more than 7 months?"

I did. I gave him all last season and gave up about 5 league games ago. So over a season and 3 quarters. That's a lot more than 7 months, isn't it?

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
You said "will you give him more than 7 months?"

I did. I gave him all last season and gave up about 5 league games ago. So over a season and 3 quarters. That's a lot more than 7 months, isn't it?
Going to be a great first season for the new guy then ...

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:46 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Going to be a great first season for the new guy then ...
I’m already ‘New Manager OUT’. Hope you’re all ready.

Unread 29-04-2024, 11:50 AM
Lok

Giving managers time only really works if they actually look competent and there are obvious signs of improvement.

You don't just blindly give them 3 years and watch as the performances get worse and worse