United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:08 PM
RedRage

Remeber nani for this

Not for the headbutt if u can call it that !

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Nani is very immature both as a person
How do you know?

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default £#%&!ing mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
With Giggs playing shite we could have done with Nani at Wigan. Silly £#%&!er.

Giggs has had a much bigger impact than Nani this season.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
£#%&!ing mong
Excellent description; the clueless, classless @#%&! has never had a good word to say about Giggs

Terry Silver must be Poppy.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:31 PM
magic_cantona

Giggs has always been a top player.Total class.His experience could prove vital in the last two games.

But, Nani is a much better option.Offers so much more.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

I like him but, going on his last few performances, he is most certainly not a much better option.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:37 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I like him but, going on his last few performances, he is most certainly not a much better option.

You could have added 'FACT' to the end of that.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
You could have added 'FACT' to the end of that.

People come across as absolute £#%&!ers when they use that term on here.

FACT.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
People come across as absolute £#%&!ers when they use that term on here.

FACT.
That's why I expected...........

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Giggs has always been a top player.Total class.His experience could prove vital in the last two games.

When Giggs teed up Fletcher to hit the post on Saturday it was poetry in motion - Pele to Carlos Alberto may be stretching it a bit, but you get the idea.

Nani would've just banged it. It might have gone in, but it probably wouldn't. He wouldn't have passed to Fletcher even if he'd seen him.

That is not to say Nani is shit; he played in Rooney beautifully to score against Roma, and produced similar passes from time to time throughout the season. His movement has also been effective at times.

Of course, Giggs' movement off the ball is second to none, an art and craft that comes with time. And he is the single biggest creative force in United's squad, which I think the statistics bear out in terms of chances created.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...692#post925692

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:48 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
When Giggs teed up Fletcher to hit the post on Saturday it was poetry in motion - Pele to Carlos Alberto may be stretching it a bit, but you get the idea.

Nani would've just banged it. It might have gone in, but it probably wouldn't. He wouldn't have passed to Fletcher even if he'd seen him.

That is not to say Nani is shit; he played in Rooney beautifully to score against Roma, and produced similar passes from time to time throughout the season. His movement has also been effective at times.

Of course, Giggs' movement off the ball is second to none, an art and craft that comes with time. And he is the single biggest creative force in United's squad, which I think the statistics bear out in terms of chances created.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Spot on.

Giggs is clearly in decline as a player, most 34 year olds are. It's just the way it is.

But some of the abuse he gets is shocking.
He's the most naturally balanced winger I've ever seen at United. So £#%&!ing graceful.
He was always the man to perform on the European stage.

Awareness & appreciation of the 'bigger picture' will always be the ultimate attribute for me when judging a 'Great' player...that's why I consider Wayne Rooney to be our best attacking player (despite howls of derision from the likes of Marlo & SAF etc..)

Nani can have all the tricks in the world...but until he calms his game down a bit he'll continue to be a liability.
He can't score a screamer in every game (& in fairness ALL of his goals this season have been breathtaking)
He needs to cut out the 'playacting' more than owt else. The headbutt I can live with, the dying swan routine that followed was cringeworthy.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
thanks for taking the time to reply

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
thanks for taking the time to reply
It was the pedantry which made me chuckle.

I'm a Giggs fan, btw.Love the lad and I agree that the shite he gets is out of order.If I see him getting slated just for being Ryan Giggs, I'll be the first to defend him.

For most games, and in most situations, I just prefer Nani.That's it.

Unread 06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It was the pedantry which made me chuckle.

I'm a Giggs fan, btw.Love the lad and I agree that the shite he gets is out of order.If I see him getting slated just for being Ryan Giggs, I'll be the first to defend him.

For most games, and in most situations, I just prefer Nani.That's it.
pedantry? moi?

i wasn't arguing with your post anyway

even though you're wrong

Unread 06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
pedantry? moi?

i wasn't arguing with your post anyway

even though you're wrong
@#%&!

Unread 06-05-2008, 10:08 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Ok the head butt has happened before and will happen again, football can get you that way. How this differs is the throwing himself to the floor and on top of that the delay in the apology.
I kind of forgive him for throwing himself to the floor.

it was not rivaldo-esque.

he barely touched the @#%&! with his head and he was merely responding to seeing him go down like he'd been struck.

it was still a bit pathetic, but it was more excusably pathetic as it was a tit-for-tat. he should have just taken the piss out of him.

Unread 06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Camel

i'm at a loss to explain the animosity on this thread.

nani is a united player. i'd have thought an apology was good enough. no matter what he's done on the field of battle. he just doesn't have any history behind him yet. could have soon though, i firmly believe he'll be an excellent winger for us in years to come and so am willing to cut some slack.

i'd rather have a player who responds to repeated physical challenges with a bit of aggression than roll over 10 yards of the pitch like when we first got him.

give the lad a break, he's gonna be £#%&!ing awesome in a year or two.

Unread 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i'm at a loss to explain the animosity on this thread.

nani is a united player. i'd have thought an apology was good enough. no matter what he's done on the field of battle. he just doesn't have any history behind him yet. could have soon though, i firmly believe he'll be an excellent winger for us in years to come and so am willing to cut some slack.

i'd rather have a player who responds to repeated physical challenges with a bit of aggression than roll over 10 yards of the pitch like when we first got him.

give the lad a break, he's gonna be £#%&!ing awesome in a year or two.

Closed Thread