United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-02-2018, 08:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They do that a lot, £#%&!ing morons. United haven’t been ‘known for scoring late goals’ for years but commentators haven’t noticed. There aren’t late rallies any more, it just peters out.
Well there are. By £#%&!ing Leicester.

But hey, we did score late against Burnleh to salvage a point. The glory days are back

Unread 23-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well there are. By f***ing Leicester.

But hey, we did score late against Burnleh to salvage a point. The glory days are back
Mourinho never winning a game from 2-0 down is a shocking stat for someone with so much experience and wins under his belt.

What was the one recently about is winning from behind away from home?

3 in 3 years? Southampton, Boro and championship Preston

Unread 23-02-2018, 08:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Mourinho never winning a game from 2-0 down is a shocking stat for someone with so much experience and wins under his belt.

What was the one recently about is winning from behind away from home?

3 in 3 years? Southampton, Boro and championship Preston
Boro was at home

Unread 23-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Boro was at home
I must have got the team wrong. Someone posted it on here. Three away wins since 2015 from losing positions.

Unread 23-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I must have got the team wrong. Someone posted it on here. Three away wins since 2015 from losing positions.
The other game was Blackburn in the FA Cup last season

Unread 23-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
The other game was Blackburn in the FA Cup last season
So one premier league team in three years.

Wonderful.

Unread 24-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I would. I was with Van Gaal. Often cited the need for the pain and patience and to look to what he achieves when given the time.
What had van gaal done to indicate the united team he was building wasn’t dull and boring? The sideways and passback stats? The one shot on goal every blue moon? Something he did 20 years earlier? Yet mourinho is yesterday’s man.

Quote:
If he knew what was expected btw, and was working towards a style of football hitherto unseen from a team he's built, we'd be seeing at least flashes of it by this point; games to raise hope, passages/periods of play hinting at a future of potential and something to look forward to. We aren't. Not even a sniff.
There has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I was five so I wouldn't have given a £#%&! tbh.
Indeed. You haven’t a clue because you’ve known nothing but the best of Fergie and united.

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What had van gaal done to indicate the united team he was building wasn’t dull and boring? The sideways and passback stats? The one shot on goal every blue moon? Something he did 20 years earlier? Yet mourinho is yesterday’s man.

There has been.
Clearly indicates somebody that didn’t watch United during LvG’s time tbh. Just as one example, go and watch the first half of the FA Cup semi final.

There hasn’t been a glimpse of anything positive in Mourinho’s time I’m afraid, to claim there has been is to admit you don’t watch.

Unread 24-02-2018, 03:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:

There hasn’t been a glimpse of anything positive in Mourinho’s time I’m afraid, to claim there has been is to admit you don’t watch.
Whilst I’m far from content with the current state of our first team, that is absolute horseshite and you know it.

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Whilst I’m far from content with the current state of our first team, that is absolute horseshite and you know it.
No it isn’t. Name an aspect of the teams play that you look forward to more of in the future..

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Clearly indicates somebody that didn’t watch United during LvG’s time tbh. Just as one example, go and watch the first half of the FA Cup semi final.
Ah yes, the fa cup semi final. When van gaal was a lame duck and the senior players were reportedly telling the younger ones to ignore anything van gaal was telling them.

Quote:
No it isn’t. Name an aspect of the teams play that you look forward to more of in the future..
Building a team doesn’t work like that. Name an aspect of the team’s plays you were looking forward to more of in 1989-91.

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Ah yes, the fa cup semi final. When van gaal was a lame duck and the senior players were reportedly telling the younger ones to ignore anything van gaal was telling them.

Building a team doesn’t work like that. Name an aspect of the team’s plays you were looking forward to more of in 1989-91.
You clearly have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
That’s nothing like what you just said above.

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That’s nothing like what you just said above.
No it isn’t. It’s the same thing.

Unread 24-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
You clearly have absolutely no idea what you are on about.
That would make two of us.

Unread 24-02-2018, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
That would make two of us.
Whatever mate. You keep on comparing what Mourinho is doing favourably against what Ferguson did, you dipstick.

Unread 24-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Whatever mate. You keep on comparing what Mourinho is doing favourably against what Ferguson did, you dipstick.
Nope.

Unread 24-02-2018, 02:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Nope.
More fool you.

Unread 24-02-2018, 06:01 PM
LFOD

Jose should have come and gone by now after fergie retired. I didn't like the style of football under LVG but not a big fan of Jose either. LVG went backwards with the club and Jose is trying and spending loads to fix it. But we aren't progressing on the pitch. I wanted LVG gone and if we play like the last few weeks Jose can go. But the players that are underperforming under 3-4 different managers need f***ing off.

Unread 24-02-2018, 06:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
Jose should have come and gone by now after fergie retired. I didn't like the style of football under LVG but not a big fan of Jose either. LVG went backwards with the club and Jose is trying and spending loads to fix it. But we aren't progressing on the pitch. I wanted LVG gone and if we play like the last few weeks Jose can go. But the players that are underperforming under 3-4 different managers need £#%&!ing off.
Pretty hard to disagree with any of that.