United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2007, 06:58 AM
BarryX

Default The twins in January.

From the times:

Meanwhile, Fabio and Rafael Silva, the 17-year-old Brazilian twins, have revealed that they hope to complete their move to Old Trafford in January. United secured a double deal to sign the two attacking full backs from Fluminense in May 2006, initially with a view to them moving to Manchester next summer, but the twins, who have been in spectacular form in the Under17 World Cup tournament that began in Korea last week, hope to be given clearance to complete their joint transfer in January.

“We might be going across in January, but we’re not sure,” Rafael said. “We’ve already started to learn a little bit of English and we’re really looking forward to it. We’re also looking forward to playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. We met him and he said it would be good for us to join the club.”

Unread 28-08-2007, 07:10 AM
sharath

this was given in the interview after their match with new zealand in FIFA u17 world cup.

It was a long interview and kids looked to have sense in the interviews.

Basically they are hoping they will come down here in january and train with squad till summer since they can't be involved in matches as they are below 18.

Unread 28-08-2007, 07:22 AM
BarryX

Thumbs up

thanks for the insight. I didn't see much of the tournament, but heard they looked superb. Guess you were watching some of the games - whats your view Sharath ?

Unread 28-08-2007, 08:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

What would the point of them training at United for 6 months but not playing be? Surely they'b be better off staying in Brazil and playing competetive matches.

Unread 28-08-2007, 08:53 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What would the point of them training at United for 6 months but not playing be? Surely they'b be better off staying in Brazil and playing competetive matches.
Surely they will be able to play with the youth team. A bit of bonding and taken under the wings of Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson, et al, will do them the world of good. Actually, I think we should all start learning Portuegese, in order to shout approval/dissaproval to the growing number of native speakers at our club.

Unread 28-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Crumps

Quote:
To get them settled in England and train them defensively?

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Surely they will be able to play with the youth team. A bit of bonding and taken under the wings of Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson, et al, will do them the world of good. Actually, I think we should all start learning Portuegese, in order to shout approval/dissaproval to the growing number of native speakers at our club.
I don't think they could play for the yoof team.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
To get them settled in England and train them defensively?
Hmmm, not sure how keeping them out of competetive football would "train them defensively". I can't see any way it is better for them to not be able to play rather tha play for such a long period at such a young age. If trainin g is so beneficial in this sense, why do we play yoof football at all.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Hmmm, not sure how keeping them out of competetive football would "train them defensively". I can't see any way it is better for them to not be able to play rather tha play for such a long period at such a young age. If trainin g is so beneficial in this sense, why do we play yoof football at all.
Youth matches or matches 'behind closed doors'. You can be trained tactics and how without being in a match sitation you know although it isn't ideal. They would see more benifit coming over here and getting aclimatised than going back to play in the reserves at Fluminese as neither have made their first team debuts yet.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:23 AM
JakeB

Do they play in the Fluminense first team yet? Not sure if they do..

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Youth matches or matches 'behind closed doors'. You can be trained tactics and how without being in a match sitation you know although it isn't ideal. They would see more benifit coming over here and getting aclimatised than going back to play in the reserves at Fluminese as neither have made their first team debuts yet.
I don't think they can play youth matches. I think they could only play "inter-squad" games. I just don't see any benefit in that. Also isn't it likely they WILL make their debuts after the tournament they've had? I'd see more sense in trying to get them over to Portugal or even Antwerp. 6 months of learning to cope with our crap weather aint worth missing 6 months of development as a footballer for me.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:47 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
I don't think they can play youth matches. I think they could only play "inter-squad" games. I just don't see any benefit in that. Also isn't it likely they WILL make their debuts after the tournament they've had? I'd see more sense in trying to get them over to Portugal or even Antwerp. 6 months of learning to cope with our crap weather aint worth missing 6 months of development as a footballer for me.
Trialists can play for the reserves in the pontins league, don't see why they can't play for the youth set up at all.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Trialists can play for the reserves in the pontins league, don't see why they can't play for the youth set up at all.
If that's true then fair enough, I'd just be surprised if they were allowed to stay here and that we could pay them if they don't have work permits.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
If that's true then fair enough, I'd just be surprised if they were allowed to stay here and that we could pay them if they don't have work permits.
I believe they both have Portuguese passports. So no need for work permits.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:53 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:

What would they even be on at 17 ? You're probably talking YTS wages. I'm sure United would offset that by making sure they're very comfortable. Maybe they'll give 'em spends.

10p mix up no bubblies lads.

Unread 28-08-2007, 09:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
What would they even be on at 17 ? You're probably talking YTS wages. I'm sure United would offset that by making sure they're very comfortable. Maybe they'll give 'em spends.

10p mix up no bubblies lads.
My point being, would they even be allowed to stay in the country withoutwork permits. If as Serenity says they have Portuguese passports obviously it's all a cows opinion.

Unread 28-08-2007, 10:07 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
My point being, would they even be allowed to stay in the country withoutwork permits. If as Serenity says they have Portuguese passports obviously it's all a cows opinion.

I wouldn't know the ins and outs, or even if they'd need one with them being children, but a few people on here have said as much, and dual nationality between Brazil and Portugeuse seems very common these days.

Unread 28-08-2007, 10:23 AM
BarryX

Their the new Nevilles, don't you know. Surely they should be allowed bubblies!

Unread 28-08-2007, 10:59 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Their the new Nevilles, don't you know. Surely they should be allowed bubblies!

What if they got it in their Jehri curls ? Also bubblies lead to more dangerous sweets. I wouldn't want Fabio to take a corner just as he's biting into an apple sour starburst for example.

Unread 28-08-2007, 11:02 AM
dunk

Milan have just signed Pato, who is 17, he has joined them now but can only play in non-competitive games until January when he turns 18.

It makes sense to me to get them in and acclimatised early..
Closed Thread