United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:40 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The reverse angle shows Cisse about a foot away from Evans, the goal still stands regardless and we won the £#%&!ing game
It's not the result that has riled me, Believe, it's the fact that Graham Poll has accused Fergie of not knowing the rules of the £#%&!ing game, whilst completley misinterpretating them himself. Look at Fifa's stick man drawing below (this is from their official booklet explaining rule 11) - their little stick attacker is at least 3 foot away from the defender and is designated as being offside:

Decisions like that win and loose titles.

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:42 PM
believe

What happens if you spell lose wrong?

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:43 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Good man.

There is a case to be made that he interfered with Evans and directly caused the OG. Go for it.
Player (A) - Cisse.
Player (B) - Evans.

Player (A) is making a movement (from an offside position) which distracts player (B). It couldn't be anymore clear cut - it's almost identical to the diagram above (only Cisse is closer to Evans).

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Player (A) - Cisse.
Player (B) - Evans.

Player (A) is making a movement (from an offside position) which distracts player (B). It couldn't be anymore clear cut - it's almost identical to the diagram above (only Cisse is closer to Evans).
Makes me wonder who was distracting Evans the other three hundred times he has shinned a clearance.

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
What happens if you spell lose wrong?
You get a spell checker installed on your browser.

irk

Quote:
The key words are 'prevent the player from playing the ball'.

Regarding 'line of vision', what else could be obstructed from vision that would prevent a player from playing the ball, other than the ball?
I'll level with you - I got nothing.

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:46 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Makes me wonder who was distracting Evans the other three hundred times he has shinned a clearance.
arf.

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Bunker Buster

We won FFS, let it go.

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:52 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I'll level with you - I got nothing.
Hypothetically you could say that the defending player could be prevented from playing the ball if he is facing towards his own goal yet doesn't have a direct a line of sight towards it, and his own keepers position. At least he's being prevented by the distraction (which is another rule). There's not much you can do other than hit it and hope. So prevented from playing the ball fairly I am dropping it from my letter of complaint, though

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:56 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We won FFS, let it go.
The issue is bigger than the result of the game, though. Poll is calling Fergie a know nothing @#%&!. He is poisoning the minds of officials and pundits up and down the land by not acknowledging the laws himself. And I am not going to let him get away with it.

Unread 28-12-2012, 06:59 PM
irk

Quote:
The issue is bigger than the result of the game, though. Poll is calling Fergie a know nothing @#%&!. He is poisoning the minds of officials and pundits up and down the land by not acknowledging the laws himself. And I am not going to let him get away with it.

Barry Pilger

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:01 PM
borsuk

Quote:

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Hypothetically you could say that the defending player could be prevented from playing the ball if he is facing towards his own goal yet doesn't have a direct a line of sight towards it, and his own keepers position. At least he's being prevented by the distraction (which is another rule).
ffs Baz. There aren't enough smilies.

Prevented. PREVENTED. In your example, he CHOOSES not to look at the ball. No opponent is preventing it.

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:04 PM
irk

Quote:

Prevented. PREVENTED. In your example, he CHOOSES not to look at the ball. No opponent is preventing it.
it doesn't say "prevent by force" though does it? maybe he's got pictures of jonny evans sister in the altogether and he's threatened to post them on facebook if he looks at the ball?

did you consider that mr smartypants? did you? hmmm?

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:05 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Barry Pilger

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:05 PM
KenwrightsWallet

How does this effect the Par league?

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
it doesn't say "prevent by force" though does it? maybe he's got pictures of jonny evans sister in the altogether and he's threatened to post them on facebook if he looks at the ball?

did you consider that mr smartypants? did you? hmmm?
He's got a sister? *sits up, adjusts tie*

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:08 PM
BarryX

Quote:

eerrrr...well he was prevented from playing a nice, simple back pass to De Gea

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:09 PM
irk

Quote:
He's got a sister? *sits up, adjusts tie*
NOW he's interested. she likes men with a bit of meat on them I'm afraid.

oh, and young.

Unread 28-12-2012, 07:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
I forgot about that, until earlier on tonight. That's got to weigh quite heavilly on his mind...still and thrice
Closed Thread