United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2015, 08:41 AM
djsst

Default Moyes Day

Wednesday 22nd.
Two articles in the Times today about not getting enough time and how he knew all his signings would come good for LVG.

Quote:
HE’S “thrilled” for Juan Mata and Marouane Fellaini, proving their worth after difficult starts. He believes that Adnan Januzaj and James Wilson (who he brought into first-team training) should go on to have big careers. Yet the players he signed and ones he developed are not his only satisfaction.

David Moyes didn’t get time for the comprehensive moulding of Manchester United that he planned but, surveying things now, at least he sees a club stronger for his legacies.

The biggest, perhaps? “I look at Wayne Rooney. I gave him his professional debut aged 16 and he’s now on the verge of breaking all Manchester United’s scoring records.

“It was only a short time ago that Wayne could have easily left United. But I always felt he was as good as any British player out there; wherever he plays, he’s a great footballer and, most importantly, he’ll always score goals.

“Now, I’m delighted for Wayne, because Chelsea were close to taking him. Jose [Mourinho] was interested but we wouldn’t do any business,” said Moyes. “I had to fight to make sure he stayed — and was at the heart, again, of what Manchester United were going to be moving forward.”

Amid celebration of Rooney’s importance under Louis Van Gaal it’s easy to forget the rift between player and club before Moyes joined United in July, 2013. Healing it wasn’t easy. Moyes’ belief in Rooney did not impress every pundit or fan. “At the time there was a lot of media [speculation] that Wayne might be going and I’ve got to say it took a bit of time [to change the situation]. I didn’t have an easy start to pre-season. It wasn’t just that I’d taken over Manchester United, I had to fight that situation. But I felt I had a good relationship with Wayne. I’d always spoken straight with him,” Moyes said.

“From day one I felt the best thing for Wayne would be to stay. I told him that all the time. And I felt he’d lost a bit of his fight. The thing about Wayne was he was always a fighter; he’s a technically terrific footballer, can do anything with the ball, but behind it all he’s a tough boy, a street fighter in his football, and I felt he’d lost a bit of that. I think he agreed and probably thought, ‘Wait a minute, I have to go back to being a bit more aggressive, a bit more myself.’

“He trained really hard and there was a real determination about him. Maybe he felt he had a point to prove. He’s proved it. He should break all the England records too and that will be very special. I’m pleased to have played my part in his career, but I don’t take any credit for Wayne Rooney. Wayne Rooney deserves the credit for Wayne Rooney. Whoever was his manager, Wayne would have gone on to be a great player because he has the natural ability and application.

“But I look at the maturity of him now, how he handles being United captain, England captain . . . and I think of Wayne at 15. Then, you’d have thought, yes as a player he can achieve anything, but to grow the way he has as a person? That maybe wasn’t something anybody saw coming. He handles the media well and is a good thinker about football. It wouldn’t surprise me if he goes on to be a very good manager.”

Fellaini “has shown exactly what we wanted him for.” Mata “was somebody I knew made and scored goals and was arriving at an age where he could make an impact for many years. But both players, as quite often happens in this job, found it difficult to settle straight away. It was my duty to bring in the right players, though, not quick fixes who might have produced a quicker impact and benefited me selfishly but not been right for the club. I was working towards the long term. If you look at my record it is of signing players who stay at clubs and have impacts over a long period of years.”

Unread 19-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Pop

Great article. Hope he can come back and finish the job he started when LVG goes.

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Red Al

Nice him taking the credit for LVG,s hard work.

The thing is moyes you daft @#%&! is Rooney,mata,janners and Fellaini where all here when any team in the top ten where £#%&!ing us over every week:

Plus LVG flew from Brazil to the USA and got straight to work with the players then flew to Manchester making improvements to carrington and getting players while you had a full month off before starting then dithered in the transfer market and the rest is history

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Harfynn Teuport

I'm sorry to say again it's Moyseh

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:15 AM
no fun

Ah happy days

I was in Malaga airport when I got a text from my son saying moyes had gone

I was in the "give him 2 seasons" camp originally, but changed that after the loss to Everton at home. The piss poor display at goodison on the Sunday finished him

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfynn Teuport
I'm sorry to say again it's Moyseh
Still love saying that

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Child of Darkness

Andy Tate on fanzone . Telling it how it was. Ignore adverts

Goodnight !

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Red Al

I hadn't joined this forum back then but was reading the "moyes had to be sacked"on here for months.
Along with all the gifs and top comments(everything redcafe is not)I had to sign up.

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:28 AM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Ah happy days

I was in Malaga airport when I got a text from my son saying moyes had gone

I was in the "give him 2 seasons" camp originally, but changed that after the loss to Everton at home. The piss poor display at goodison on the Sunday finished him
you wanted 2 years of that clown??

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Switching Off

So come on David Moyes
Play like fergies boys

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:37 AM
saffers

The same mata he had foisted upon him by woody?

The same fellers he tried to play deep in midfield?

£#%&! off you @#%&!. Can't wait to celebrate the one year anniversary of his death by destroying the blue scouse bastards and effectively sealing the CL football he denied us this season.

My thoughts go out to Real Sociedad fans.

Unread 19-04-2015, 09:54 AM
teflon_terry

Cheeky @#%&!.
Talk about selective memory.

Unread 19-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Zorg

Anyone know if that statue of him is still outside Anfield?

Unread 19-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
So come on David Moyes
Play like fergies boys

I was nearly sick in my mouth then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Anyone know if that statue of him is still outside Anfield?
Gerrard had it to fill up some of the space in his trophy room at home.

Unread 19-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The same mata he had foisted upon him by woody?

The same fellers he tried to play deep in midfield?

£#%&! off you @#%&!. Can't wait to celebrate the one year anniversary of his death by destroying the blue scouse bastards and effectively sealing the CL football he denied us this season.

My thoughts go out to Real Sociedad fans.

They seemed like a thoroughly good set of chaps when we were over there last year or whenever it was (I met nearly all of them)

Suicide rate in San Sebastián has gone up 47% since his appointment.

Unread 19-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this. he should just shut the £#%&! up taking about us and get on with his career.
He's like Richard Keys talking about how he changed the face of football on TV and got shafted. He'll forever be going on about us, and if by some miracle he beats us 1-0 in the Champions League group stage in a couple of years he'll be like this on the touchline:

Unread 19-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this. he should just shut the £#%&! up taking about us and get on with his career.
They never do because living of the back of Utd keeps the profile up.
Just look at balotelli posting pics of himself supporting a club he used to play for(the same club he wanted to leave for Italy btw)against Utd rather than concentrate on his current club.

You've only come to see Utd springs to mind

Unread 19-04-2015, 02:59 PM
puressence

i posted minutes after the goodison game and his aftermatch that was iy id backed him all the way i gave up that day he was sacked with 24hours ....i still think wen he lost pure the board lost faith

Unread 19-04-2015, 03:07 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

A year ago today's since the Goodison game, still talking the goblin @#%&!

Unread 19-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Doctor Hver

I was at work when it happned, but then again hated the job got sacked 8 days later mayself, so in may I didn't know if I was happier being sacked from that job or moyes being sacke form United.
Closed Thread