United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:23 PM
marlo stansfield

Default tevez is our best striker at the club.

followed by rooney and then berbatov.

price tags mean nothing.

if anything its the lower the price the better in this case.

tevez should be starting every game.
he is the genuine life beat of the team(without ronaldo) in terms of starting off moves and taking the game to the opposition.

most of you will say thats rooney and i just plead with you to atleast be honest with yourselves.

tevez works hard and is also a goal scorer

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:25 PM
£#%&! KFC

I still don't know why he went off against Villarreal and it was unbelievable he didn't figure yesterday as he wasn't injured

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I still don't know why he went off against Villarreal and it was unbelievable he didn't figure yesterday as he wasn't injured
agreed.....he is exactly what we needed with 20mins or so to go

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
He didn't have a good game against Villarreal in my opinion and he probably would of come on yesterday is VDS wasn't injured.

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Sloane

fergie wouldnt drop berbatov because hes just spent 30mill on him and he knows if he drops rooney then he would get an ear full because rooney isnt scared of fergie

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:31 PM
marlo stansfield

but rooney needs to be told he isnt good enough to start games then.

playing in his best position yesterday he wasnt even impressive.
also got petulant and cost us a goal.

how many yellow cards to goals has he got this season?

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Withers

I certainly wouldn't say he is the best striker at the club.

I would say he is the most in form striker at the club though.

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He didn't have a good game against Villarreal in my opinion and he probably would of come on yesterday is VDS wasn't injured.

I thought he was the only real goal threat against the Spaniards, OK he should have scored when Ronaldo and Rooney set him up but it was mental to take him off at 0-0

marlo stansfield

my mate(arsenal fan) who watched the villerreal game has been telling people he thinks tevez is unbelievable.

and now agrees with me when i think he is a better player than torres.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
but rooney needs to be told he isnt good enough to start games then.

playing in his best position yesterday he wasnt even impressive.
also got petulant and cost us a goal.

how many yellow cards to goals has he got this season?
Rooney had a good game yesterday. He is the best striker at the club imo.

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Agreed

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:34 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
I certainly wouldn't say he is the best striker at the club.

I would say he is the most in form striker at the club though.
who is the best striker at the club and what are you going off?

tevez said that once he gets a rest, we will see the real him which we are seeing.

he is easily the best striker at our club and the only players id say can compete in the league with him are drogba and torres.

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Ginners

Quote:
good game until ronaldo came on. him and tevez are on a par for me, rooney can be a lot more frustrating though......that childish foul he gave away for their eventual goal was so stupid. typical rooney challenge he needs to eradicate from his game

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:37 PM
borsuk

ah, another thread praising one player by slagging others off. great.

puressence

rooney is becoming the alan smith of utd

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
good game until ronaldo came on. him and tevez are on a par for me, rooney can be a lot more frustrating though......that childish foul he gave away for their eventual goal was so stupid. typical rooney challenge he needs to eradicate from his game
he had already been booked as well

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:39 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
never in a million years.

people need to be honest with themselves about rooney.

he is losing attributes as opposed to improving them.

he cant even hit a ball properly from outside the box, his control is getting worse leading to him chasing the ball and diving in and his finishing is close to what it should be.

add to that the fact he cant hold his position, too naive to admit that short coming 'i wont change, i love football' and you get a player not living up to his potential or pricetag.

messi, ronaldo, torres are all living up to that potential everyone knew they had.

rooney on merit shouldnt even be starting games for us.
not even on a the radar for any personal awards etc..

his 'name' exceeds his form and current ability imo.

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
who is the best striker at the club and what are you going off?

tevez said that once he gets a rest, we will see the real him which we are seeing.

he is easily the best striker at our club and the only players id say can compete in the league with him are drogba and torres.
Well I think it is too soon to even consider Berbatov.

So it's Rooney or Tevez.

Rooney edges is because he can be the more explosive player when on form. There isn't a lot between them though, Tevez has been better than I expected and Rooney is off form at the moment.

The only thing I am going off is my opinion.

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
He wont though thats the problem.

Unread 22-09-2008, 05:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
Well I think it is too soon to even consider Berbatov.

So it's Rooney or Tevez.

Rooney edges is because he can be the more explosive player when on form. There isn't a lot between them though, Tevez has been better than I expected and Rooney is off form at the moment.

The only thing I am going off is my opinion.
he's been 'off form' for quite a while tbh, his performance in the European Cup Final was awful apart from one or two flashes although he may not have been fully fit

he's starting to worry me
Closed Thread