United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
safingtons

Default If money was no object, what needs to be done this summer

Obviously not talking City or Madrid style spending, just realistic valuations on players we need if we didn't have the glazers around leeching?

Urgent need: 2 central midfielders , 1 striker

Could do with: Left winger, Goalkeeper.

If you're really greedy: Right back while Rafael is still developing.

Your thoughts, your thoughts.

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:38 PM
dunk

Default Re: If money was no object, what needs to be done this summer

It's going to be a £#%&!ing long summer.

I might take up golf.

MUFC One Love

It's been done in 15 threads.

Can't be arsed tbh. Just enjoy the World Cup and summer, and don't get your hopes up for big signings this summer.

The Mexican and maybe Joe Cole on a free. That's your lot.

Oh and Smalling.

Harri Jaffa

I'd build a conservatory

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:39 PM
dodger

I could do with moving house and to replace my car. I'd settle for an extension but I'd lose a big chunk of my patio and a lot of light into the garden so it should be a move really.

Edit: Harri you @#%&!

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:40 PM
PaulParkers

£#%&! me

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I could do with moving house and to replace my car. I'd settle for an extension but I'd lose a big chunk of my patio and a lot of light into the garden so it should be a move really.

Edit: Harri you @#%&!

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
£#%&! me
Not quite sure how much that would cost tbph

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:44 PM
dunk

I could do with moving house, just really can't be arsed with the whole rigmarole of showing people around the current house, finding a new one, giving shitloads of cash to useless £#%&!ing estate agents, mortgage companies, banks and surveyors and then the upheaval of actually having to move.

Huge ball ache.

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:49 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's been done in 15 threads.

Can't be arsed tbh. Just enjoy the World Cup and summer, and don't get your hopes up for big signings this summer.

The Mexican and maybe Joe Cole on a free. That's your lot.

Oh and Smalling.
Won't get my hopes up, will be on two holidays and ignore the transfer muppetry, I don't even like international football that much but will obviously watch the games United players are involved in and hope they do well. Hopefully England don't go all the way though.

If we're gonna spend big in the summer it will be on Fergie's English 'lads', £20m on hargreaves, and I got abuse on here for praying the deal would collapse, unfortunately I was right AGAIN.

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Won't get my hopes up, will be on two holidays and ignore the transfer muppetry, I don't even like international football that much but will obviously watch the games United players are involved in and hope they do well. Hopefully England don't go all the way though.

If we're gonna spend big in the summer it will be on Fergie's English 'lads', £20m on hargreaves, and I got abuse on here for praying the deal would collapse, unfortunately I was right AGAIN.
Hargreaves was great for us when he played, sadly his injury has ruined it for him.

I think Rodwell would be a great signing. I don't think Milner would be a good signing for a team looking to improve, tbh. He's just a reliable player really, nout special.

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:

Shall we compare with the times you were wrong?

Ps - hope Ferie only signs good local lads.

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:00 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Hargreaves was great for us when he played, sadly his injury has ruined it for him.

I think Rodwell would be a great signing. I don't think Milner would be a good signing for a team looking to improve, tbh. He's just a reliable player really, nout special.
Was he really that good?

I mean, he was playing at right back and right midfield for most of the time.

This guy was an overrated player, decent at best, he clearly did a great job away to Arsenal when he was the holding midfielder. Truth is, if he hadnt run around like a muppet against Portugal in the world cup quarters, Fergie would never have signed him. He was avaliable for £6m and was linked to Boro and Spurs less than a year before! Says it all, it was probably his level as well.

Said it before and ill say it again, we should take advantage of our academy and reserves, the likes of Cleverley and Welbeck should be first teamers next season.

Maybe if we put the money spent on Tosic and Diouf into our academy we would be better off in the future, Barca put 15m into their academy every year.

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:01 PM
safingtons

This is what we need.

De Rossi, Silva(can cover left side of midfield as well as central in a 433) and shipping Berbatov off for Benzema.

Those are the 3 best avaliable in their position, so this definitely won't happen despite it not being as expensive as it looks and being too good to be true - we'd win the treble if we signed those 3. Seriously.

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
This is what we need.

De Rossi, Silva(can cover left side of midfield as well as central in a 433) and shipping Berbatov off for Benzema.

Those are the 3 best avaliable in their position, so this definitely won't happen despite it not being as expensive as it looks and being too good to be true - we'd win the treble if we signed those 3. Seriously.
It isn't gonna happen.

Oh and Hargreaves was a very good player for us imo.

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:10 PM
safingtons

Quote:
It isn't gonna happen.

Oh and Hargreaves was a very good player for us imo.
For the 3months of fully fit service he's given us in 3 years.

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
For the 3months of fully fit service he's given us in 3 years.
I did say when he played for us. I wasn't talking about everything else. Of course, the signing was a diaster and a waste of money. I was talking about when he was on the pitch.

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:12 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: If money was no object, what needs to be done this summer

sell all the english players and get a load of youtubinhos in who can do the seal trick.

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
This is what we need.

That one's out the window already:

Quote:
'I did not sign for Madrid to sign for another club soon after,' he said. 'I want to succeed here.

'People like to invent stories but I am focused on staying at one of the biggest clubs in the world.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
He can say what he wants, fact is one of him and Higuain will be sent packing in the summer. Higuains a big fan favourite, about a sign a new contract or has already.
Closed Thread