United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2007, 10:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Be honest, if we sold Fletcher in the summer.

Would you be bothered? I wouldn't, couldn't care less. In fact I'd be pleased, give Gibson, a far better player and not a eunuch a chance.

Unread 10-04-2007, 10:50 AM
neworder

I wouldnt lose any sleep over it but hes a good squad player

Unread 10-04-2007, 10:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
I wouldnt lose any sleep over it but hes a good squad player
Low standards if you think he'sa good squad player. At best he's a mediocre squad player, at best.

Unread 10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Torquemada

The most energetic and committed thing he does at United is draw his wage. Ditto the £#%&!er that is 'Mr K-Ricard'

Whip Hubley

i think people are occasionally overly harsh on fletcher, myself included. but yeah, the simple truth is he isn't what we should be aiming at for a squad player. i'd probably keep him because lets face it, not got much cash to spend...

*ducks*

Crumps

I wouldn't be bothered at all, probably be glad to tell you the truth. He's been given ample opportunities to establish himself as a first team player and in a majority of these apperances he has fallen woefully short of the standard required. If him staying is stopping the progress of younger players he should be sold and they should be given the same chances that he was afforded(?). The same sentiment is extended to Kieran Richardson.

neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Low standards if you think he'sa good squad player. At best he's a mediocre squad player, at best.
depends where hes playing i suppose

Hes dire in the middle but when hes on the right hand side I think hes ok

Unread 10-04-2007, 10:54 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i think people are occasionally overly harsh on fletcher, myself included. but yeah, the simple truth is he isn't what we should be aiming at for a squad player. i'd probably keep him because lets face it, not got much cash to spend...

*ducks*
spot on

Unread 10-04-2007, 10:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
depends where hes playing i suppose

Hes dire in the middle but when hes on the right hand side I think hes ok
For me he's better in the middle where he is merely dreadful, on the right he's absolutely appalling.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:01 AM
MUFC One Love

Next season Gibson and Evans should be in the first team squad, maybe one of the young strikers doing well (Rossi will be sold along with Pique). Sadly none of them will, in fact Gibson probably won't ever be given a proper chance. What happened to giving youth a chance? Ronaldo and Rooney don't count, btw.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Next season Gibson and Evans should be in the first team squad, maybe one of the young strikers doing well (Rossi will be sold along with Pique). Sadly none of them will, in fact Gibson probably won't ever be given a proper chance. What happened to giving youth a chance? Ronaldo and Rooney don't count, btw.

to be honest it seems like the pressure has got to fergie in this department. he always experimented and brought in youngsters because he had the full backing of the board and fans etc. I think he's lost some of his confidence in terms of youngsters after getting a bit of stick the last few seasons over his buys and the younger players, and there's arguably more to lose bringing in youngsters now? i dunno. but evans and gibson are certainly potential 1st teamers, and a strong case could be made for pique and even rossi.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:05 AM
24hr Leavesey

I'd be happy if O'Shea was our worst squad player. He isn't by a way.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I'd be happy if O'Shea was our worst squad player. He isn't by a way.
No he isn't, he is in fact a good squad player, can play a number of positions to a decent standard. He should stay whilst the pasty coward and his idsiot Soul Glo mate £#%&! off to at est mid table obscurity.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
No he isn't, he is in fact a good squad player, can play a number of positions to a decent standard. He should stay whilst the pasty coward and his idsiot Soul Glo mate £#%&! off to at est mid table obscurity.
can't say i agree too much with that. o'shea looks plain lost these days, at least fletcher has some camp intent on his face. in an ideal world mickey, richardson o'bese and fletch would all be £#%&!ed off this summer. but like i say it's not like we've got the money to replace them and fergie wouldn't dream of it anyway. best we can hope for is richardson and mickey bye bye's.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:12 AM
MUFC One Love

O' Shea is rubbish, as well.

Yes he's versatile but he just doesn't run/play like a footballer, he has been shit at right back and is simply embarrassing in midfield.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Crumps

Quote:
You forgot to put "imo" because that's all it it is. You don't have a clue what Fergie is going to do and neither does anyone else. Youth players haven't been given a chance over the last few years because they haven't been good enough and their careers since have proved that. Fletcher and Richardson have been the best of them ffs. If you are good enough Fergie will give you a chance at the right time and if Newcastle hadn't £#%&!ed Rossi about I'd fully expect him to be in the first team right now.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Crumps

Quote:
O' Shea is rubbish, as well.

Yes he's versatile but he just doesn't run/play like a footballer, he has been shit at right back and is simply embarrassing in midfield.
On occasion he has been but he's been good there just as much, including the back end of last season and Scholes' recent ban.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
can't say i agree too much with that. o'shea looks plain lost these days, at least fletcher has some camp intent on his face. in an ideal world mickey, richardson o'bese and fletch would all be £#%&!ed off this summer. but like i say it's not like we've got the money to replace them and fergie wouldn't dream of it anyway. best we can hope for is richardson and mickey bye bye's.

I know it's not the be all and end all but aside from scholes, he's our biggest goal threat from central midfield.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
On occasion he has been but he's been good there just as much, including the back end of last season and Scholes' recent ban.
He's better than Fletcher in midfield, far better.

Unread 10-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
He's better than Fletcher in midfield, far better.
I'd agree with that. Infact I think I just have.
Closed Thread