United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Wafty Crank

」#%&! all chance of me going. Simply can't afford it. What makes that worse is that I was in a similar financial position in '99 (the kids were babies then), so missed out then as well. Any final between 2002 and 2007 I would have been ok, I'm gutted.

If Liverpool scab through tonight my two Liverpool-supporting mates are thinking of driving there, I might consider tagging along, but it would mean a week off work (and I'm off the following week anyway) and I'm not too sure even that would fit my budget, given all the food/drink needs for a week on the road, to say nothing of the likelihood of one/all of us getting nicked.

Unread 30-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
」#%&! all chance of me going. Simply can't afford it. What makes that worse is that I was in a similar financial position in '99 (the kids were babies then), so missed out then as well. Any final between 2002 and 2007 I would have been ok, I'm gutted.

If Liverpool scab through tonight my two Liverpool-supporting mates are thinking of driving there, I might consider tagging along, but it would mean a week off work (and I'm off the following week anyway) and I'm not too sure even that would fit my budget, given all the food/drink needs for a week on the road, to say nothing of the likelihood of one/all of us getting nicked.
Just scav some of their rat sarnies.

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Gizza

I'm simply too skint to go and would really struggle for a ticket anyway having been to next to no games this season cos i've been skint for 3 years...

Missed out on Barca 99 due to uni finals.

I have the time off work so i will be pissed.

Oh, I'm also off to the Maldives on the 23rd for a week, and that trips free so wouldn't want to screw that up.

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

i watched the 99 final in manchester and then went down to old trafford to celebrate afterwards and it was superb.

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Hopskipjump

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
i watched the 99 final in manchester and then went down to old trafford to celebrate afterwards and it was superb.
Has to be the next best thing

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
and here's me thinking you'd never been to OT.

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Sorry, my strange expression - I have either the Settee End, Armchair End or Kitchen End depending on which TV I'm watching it on. Will probably end up behind the settee at some point
Don't think Armchair will be happy with you near his end

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:21 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
i was trying to think of usernames kitchen and settee

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Oooer, hadn't thought of that

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i was trying to think of usernames kitchen and settee
stretters comes close to settee.....well a bit

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:24 PM
believe

Quote:
stretters comes close to settee.....well a bit
exactly what i thought!! i thought they were nicknames for ..err.. usernames

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Billy Bigbollox

On second thoughts I'll go to the pub

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
exactly what i thought!! i thought they were nicknames for ..err.. usernames
It's my private joke, bit obscure I now realise. When I was little my Dad & me used to pretend we were at the match when we watched games on TV. He used to watch it from the settee end and me from the armchair (no, not him) end. It's stuck with me since then. I'll get me coat now.........

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:30 PM
believe

Quote:
It's my private joke, bit obscure I now realise. When I was little my Dad & me used to pretend we were at the match when we watched games on TV. He used to watch it from the settee end and me from the armchair (no, not him) end. It's stuck with me since then. I'll get me coat now.........
thanks for clearing that up

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
awww

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:37 PM
buryboy

Well...... currently I have no ticket, no visa and no flights....... so it looks highly unlikely that I will be going.. gutted (unless anyone can help )

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:41 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
Well...... currently I have no ticket, no visa and no flights....... so it looks highly unlikely that I will be going.. gutted (unless anyone can help )
i can tell you where the final is being played. otherwise you're 」#%&!ed. i am organising a forum meet up.....

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:43 PM
buryboy

Quote:
i can tell you where the final is being played. otherwise you're 」#%&!ed. i am organising a forum meet up.....
Would loved to have joined you but its not looking good is it........

Unread 30-04-2008, 08:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
Would loved to have joined you but its not looking good is it........
what do you mean??!! if you're in that makes it 3. my most successful yet
Closed Thread