United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Ordsall is grim by any standards, tbf.
Is it £#%&!, there's worse parts of Salford than Ordsall let alone anywhere else in the country. Like anywhere else, from my experience it has plenty of decent people and a few scrotes and villains, no different than any other inner city in the UK

Unread 08-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batistuta
Someone here who has lived in both Manchester and London, and currently living in Salford.
There is a very prevalent and completely unwarranted london obsession here, it's undeniable really. The majority of people in london don't have the same opinion on Manchester; infact the majority of people I know there who've visited Manchester really like the place.
I'm not sure what rock some of you have been living under but Manchester receives far too much undeserved publicity for subjective achievements such as music and art etc. A brief period of poor house djs and charisma lacking lower-middle class frontmen who are seen as rebels by garbage like the nme hardly qualifies as being at the forefront of contemporary music. The music of most inner city folk here is grime/rap, preceded by dancehall and reggae, which unfortunately doesn't get the recognition it deserves for one disgraceful reason.
Manchester has had few and far between top class sound systems and artists, none to challenge those from the likes of nottingham, derby and Wolverhampton, let alone london which is indisputably the capital of reggae outside of kingston. Another factor of utter %@#$&!s here is how many of you ill travelled fools seem to think london receives charity. I really can't be bothered going into this but if you think ordsall is the be all and end all of rough and deprived, go for a walk around Edmonton. Far heavier than anywhere in Manchester, it's £#%&! all to be proud of either.
CoD I've just walked down market street and chapel st and England shirts/flags are £#%&!ing all over the place, stop talking shit.

Put there by teams of southerners covertly in the night

Unread 08-06-2014, 05:09 PM
taff

an east lancs yokel probably had more to do with teaching football than anyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Hogan

Unread 08-06-2014, 05:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Have you been to Edmonton?
No, but I have been to Deptford. And Tower Hamlets in the (almost) "all white" days.

Unread 08-06-2014, 05:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Is it £#%&!, there's worse parts of Salford than Ordsall let alone anywhere else in the country. Like anywhere else, from my experience it has plenty of decent people and a few scrotes and villains, no different than any other inner city in the UK
This was nearly two decades ago, tbf - has it been "improved" since then?

Unread 09-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Have you been to Edmonton?
I sparked on the Police station there when it was built 25 years ago. Only really travelled from the train station to the job and the precinct there for dinner though so never really went "inner city". Got pissed in a couple of pubs in the precinct there just about every Friday dinner time. Sometimes we went back to work, sometimes we didn't. £#%&!ing crazy when you think back. Pissed up sparks wiring a Police station.

Unread 09-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Camel

Quote:
Someone here who has lived in both Manchester and London, and currently living in Salford.
There is a very prevalent and completely unwarranted london obsession here, it's undeniable really. The majority of people in london don't have the same opinion on Manchester; infact the majority of people I know there who've visited Manchester really like the place.
I'm not sure what rock some of you have been living under but Manchester receives far too much undeserved publicity for subjective achievements such as music and art etc. A brief period of poor house djs and charisma lacking lower-middle class frontmen who are seen as rebels by garbage like the nme hardly qualifies as being at the forefront of contemporary music. The music of most inner city folk here is grime/rap, preceded by dancehall and reggae, which unfortunately doesn't get the recognition it deserves for one disgraceful reason.
Manchester has had few and far between top class sound systems and artists, none to challenge those from the likes of nottingham, derby and Wolverhampton, let alone london which is indisputably the capital of reggae outside of kingston. Another factor of utter balls here is how many of you ill travelled fools seem to think london receives charity. I really can't be bothered going into this but if you think ordsall is the be all and end all of rough and deprived, go for a walk around Edmonton. Far heavier than anywhere in Manchester, it's £#%&! all to be proud of either.
CoD I've just walked down market street and chapel st and England shirts/flags are £#%&!ing all over the place, stop talking shit.
nrat
Closed Thread