United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Coracao

Thumbs up Re: Boom and bust at Glasgow Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
I seem to remember Rangers use to buy up any young Scottish footballer who showed potential yet not play him. The mentality was if we have him he cant play against us.

The knock on effect if the Huns go will be massive. Celtic would probably fold and you would have effectively a semi pro set up.
Here's hoping.

Unread 05-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Lok

Default Re: Boom and bust at Glasgow Rangers

At the end of that video, they talk about TV money and how Rangers make around £3m a year. They go on to talk about how teams in the premier league get £35m and how it's a struggle to keep up.

Excuse me?!? Who says they have to keep up with the premiership? They have to compete against Celtic who get similar TV money to them. There are plenty of succesful teams around Europe who get a lot less than £3m a year from TV deals.

They've clearly over stretched themselves and only have themselves to blame. £#%&! 'em, bunch of @#%&!s. If they can't turn a profit with 45k people paying to see them each week, they deserve nothing.

Unread 05-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Charlestown Rouge

See their supporters were playing up lobbing seats about tonight - learnt nothing from their Manchester experience have they?

While any outside foreign investor will shy away from this PR disaster - some cabal of local cash rich bigots will buy them up, no worries.

Unread 05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Hmm this is a tough one. If they go bust they don't exist, which is of course good, but, if they go bust and don't exist where do all their scum fans go? They all probably support
two teams anyway. Best solution is to kill their fans after the club goes bust.

Unread 05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
forzagarza

If one of the Holy Trinity died (properly) then would the trinity exist?

If Rangers went under then what would happen to Linfield and Chelsea? It's not worth thinking about really.

Unread 05-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
If one of the Holy Trinity died (properly) then would the trinity exist?

If Rangers went under then what would happen to Linfield and Chelsea? It's not worth thinking about really.
It's ok, apparently J-Lo is a fan. I'm sure she'll bail them out

Taken from possible the most #@&%!ed website on the net: http://nominated.homestead.com/BLUESBROTHERS.html

They're proper nawty:

Unread 05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Spiffy

You won't believe who caused the trouble at the Rangers game. I'll give you one guess.
Quote:
A number of Rangers supporters wearing Stone Island and Burberry and speaking with cockney accents were spotted before the match in Romania. (Daily Record)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/8343722.stm

Unread 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Coracao

Thumbs down Re: Boom and bust at Glasgow Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You won't believe who caused the trouble at the Rangers game. I'll give you one guess.

Thought you were gonna say Dee38.

Unread 05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

ffs

looks like they are gonna be banned UEFA have charged them
Closed Thread