United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2007, 04:53 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
He's the best centre half in European Football. I think he'd make a good Captain for us.
I don't like the same kinda music that he bangs on about & I don't like all the 'Gangsta' stuff he comes out with (although I think a lot of it is tongue in cheek)...but I think deep down he's a decent lad.
Remember when he was given it for one game a while ago when giggs and Neville were injured, he was booed, that’s because he is a greedy blood sucking @#%&!. He will never be given it.

Unread 29-11-2007, 04:54 PM
toseeunited

United's Reserves will be aiming for a fifth straight victory when Sunderland visit the Victoria Stadium on Thursday evening, but they will have to do so without club captain Gary Neville.
The Reds' skipper had been expected to continue his return from injury against the Reserve League leaders, but he has not taken a place in Brian McClair and Jim Ryan's squad.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "Gary has been training with the first team and will to continue with that as opposed to playing with the Reserves."

The Reds' second string have posted successive victories over Stockport, Middlesbrough, Wigan and Bury, and have a strong squad ready for the Black Cats' visit.
Danny Simpson and Jonny Evans bolster the Reds' backline, Chris Eagles returns to the midfield and Dong Fangzhuo is expected to start upfront after bagging four goals in as many games, with either Chris Fagan or Febian Brandy alongside him.

The visitors will include experienced stars David Connolly and Graham Kavanagh among a host of youngsters as they look to build on their one point lead at the top of the table.
United squad: Heaton, Simpson, R Eckersley, J Evans, Chester, Lee, Eagles, Hewson, Brandy, Dong, Barnes, S Evans, Zieler, Cleverley, Fagan.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=511573

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:01 PM
marlo stansfield

rio ferdinand ticks all the boxes as captain at the minute.

-he is a one of the best in his position in the world,
-respected by all the young players and i remember rooney saying that rio and him took tevez to dinner when he first joined etc
-he is experianced and nearing his peak
-his captaincy for about 3/4 years will mean that rooney will be perfect to be captain by this time(rooney is far too young to be captain now)
-we have no other leader on ths pitch (rio is the most vocal of all our players imo-ask vds-)
-giggs and neville are never captains.despite the fact gary neville is injured he isnt a captain anyway.

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:04 PM
MUFC One Love

Spot on Vio.

Neville was never captain imo. He just doesn't 'have it' does he?

I'd give it Rio and have thought this for a while.

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:04 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Remember when he was given it for one game a while ago when giggs and Neville were injured, he was booed, that’s because he is a greedy blood sucking @#%&!. He will never be given it.
Most players are now, keano held out for a whopping contract and he never got any stick. Rio is the my option but 2nd would be Ronaldo, he has been captain of portugal for a while now.

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:08 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
wtf, what %@#$&!s are you chewing on about there i look silly....

He is injured, let him recover from it. Not only is he a legend he is approaching 400 caps for us so his injury record isn’t something that should be even brought into context. Don’t you look a bit silly now £#%&!in head the ball.

Considering he's played first team footie for over a decade for United, the number of appearances isn't that impressive.

But only in that context - Of course, to play over 400 games for United is an acheivement to be proud of.

I say this before I get my face bitten off.

Back on point - There is genuine cause to be concerned, as long as it doesn't get to mass hysteria levels.

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:25 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Considering he's played first team footie for over a decade for United, the number of appearances isn't that impressive.

But only in that context - Of course, to play over 400 games for United is an acheivement to be proud of.

I say this before I get my face bitten off.

Back on point - There is genuine cause to be concerned, as long as it doesn't get to mass hysteria levels.
400 appearances is just league. Add in cups and Europe and you have 540 - the fifth highest of all-time at Utd. I'd say that's impressive.

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:31 PM
puressence

ferdinand capt ..keeping it the family

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:33 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
400 appearances is just league. Add in cups and Europe and you have 540 - the fifth highest of all-time at Utd. I'd say that's impressive.

Yeah, that's much better

TBH, thats a bit surprising. I've always considered him slow to come back from injury. Wasn't he out almost 6 months with a metatarsal before they became fashionable ?

Unread 29-11-2007, 05:34 PM
El Calafate

Gary Nev is a £#%&!in @#%&!. he was born a @#%&! and looks like a @#%&!.

nft.

Unread 29-11-2007, 06:33 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
Why the muppet quote.

Look at the fact, just heard a report on a radio station he is not playing.

His comeback is one long rehab.

He was the club captain, what use is he on the sidelines. Would you rather see him cheering from the stands or give it to someone who can actually influence the team on the pitch?

He was and still is a legend.

In exams i was always taught to RTQ. READ THE QUOTE / QUESTION.
You look a bit silly now mate.

I should not admit this but I have just tried to blow that insect of my monitor.

Unread 29-11-2007, 06:37 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Yeah, that's much better

TBH, thats a bit surprising. I've always considered him slow to come back from injury. Wasn't he out almost 6 months with a metatarsal before they became fashionable ?
Didn't he get one so he'd be just like best mate Dave?

You're right there, he took a while. And your broader point is right; that there is genuine cause for concern.

Either the player's body is slowing to keep up or the medics have been repeatedly stumped by the injury.

I suppose they could have misdiagnosed as people on here and in RI like to suggest but I would imagine the docs at one of the world's top professional football clubs are fairly competent.

Unread 29-11-2007, 06:37 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
I should not admit this but I have just tried to blow that insect of my monitor.
Been there - done that

Unread 29-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Gary Nev is a £#%&!in @#%&!. he was born a @#%&! and looks like a @#%&!.

nft.
Yet not as big a @#%&! as you. nft

Unread 29-11-2007, 06:46 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Been there - done that
If Sash Gordon can fall for it none of us are safe.

Unread 29-11-2007, 07:05 PM
shyteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
What?

Where?

Unread 29-11-2007, 07:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

thanks Gary it's been great and all that, and you have been a fantastic servant to the club....but Ferdinand should be captain now

despite Fergie's denials tomorrow there is not even an estimate of when Neville will be fit again

until january let Simpson play there then sign a right-back

Unread 29-11-2007, 07:17 PM
dontfeedthescousers

I think we are also forgetting a seasoned pro who has captained his country among the United ranks.

Darren £#%&!ing Fletcher

Unread 29-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Ed Sullivan

Give it Rooney!

Unread 29-11-2007, 07:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Give it Rooney!
why have you got Scholesy's kid as your avatar

agreed with Rooney but not right now...gotta be Rio for the next few years
Closed Thread