Originally Posted by waynes ear's
FC don't play sundays bite bitch
Go and have a £#%&! you grumpy £#%&!er

Unread 10-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Football is Shit .

Corporate monstrosity that completely out of control. Taking over tv schedules causing £#%&! wit know nothings to espouse recycled opinions from half intelligent pundits .

What time we on on Sunday ?
Four o'clock fix

Unread 10-08-2017, 03:46 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Go and have a £#%&! you grumpy £#%&!er

cant

Unread 10-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
What about pretty much every other league and cup game?
Over the course of the entire season, with one or two exceptions, we generally played awful football. It's not the players though is it. The manager and coaches set the team up, sort the tactics etc.

There's no reason whatsoever why this season will be no different. You have to have some incredibly thick rose-tinted glasses to say otherwise.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.
you are.

Unread 10-08-2017, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Four o'clock fix
At least it not noon, small mercies

Unread 10-08-2017, 06:33 PM
gbmufc

Strictly a 7 from me. Too much money in the game now. It would be nice to see a limitation on transfers to say 2 each per season. It will never happen until its all bust beyond fixing I fear. If we win the league this year I will be overwhelmed.

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Strictly a 7 from me. Too much money in the game now. It would be nice to see a limitation on transfers to say 2 each per season. It will never happen until its all bust beyond fixing I fear. If we win the league this year I will be overwhelmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEW4nNW1CV0
The £#%&! is that?

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:09 PM
gbmufc

Not been watching the athletics then? Some Norwegian hopeful winning gold in the 400 metres hurdles. It was a bit of a suprise to him as you can see.

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Not been watching the athletics then? Some Norwegian hopeful winning gold in the 400 metres hurdles. It was a bit of a suprise to him as you can see.
Good stuff. Love Norweigan athletics.

Unread 11-08-2017, 07:15 AM
Coracao

Will be the first game I've watched on Sunday since the Europa league final. Looking at the squad, feel we are lacking in quality in the attacking third. Still. Thought that issue would have been addressed a bit more than it has been.

That said, I think we can finish top 3.

Unread 11-08-2017, 07:19 AM
20 times

We need to challenge for the title this season or Mou's time will be up.

He's bought two defenders, 2 midfielders, a striker, a winger and has the best keeper in the league. There'll probably be another signing made before the end of the window too.

7 of his own players and De Gea have to be enough to come close or he's done a shit job

The full back positions need improving and a winger is needed but he should be able to challenge for the title given the general state of the league

Unread 11-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Clarkie

Expect us to challenge, have a good run in the cups and give a better account of ourselves in the CL compared to the last time....

Will be happy with that. Fully expect City to win the league. They have to.

If they don't, my God...Guardiola will never recover from it

Unread 11-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Billy Redface

Improvements made, but still much to be done.

Cautiously optimistic, sceptically cautious.

Haven't missed it, but glad it's back.

Beige.

Unread 11-08-2017, 08:38 AM
AK14

I think we could start poorly and take a couple of months to get going, but can see us finishing strongly

I think 4th place and a decent run in Europe.

Unread 11-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I think we could start poorly and take a couple of months to get going, but can see us finishing strongly

I think 4th place and a decent run in Europe.
3rd minimum for me at the moment given the dealings up to now... probably top 2... Spurs are potentially in a bit of a meltdown, Arsenal gonna Arsenal, Liverpool... well.....

Chelsea also not exactly had a great summer.

City are the obvious challengers but I still think their centre backs and central mid is weak, although I imagine they will strengthen more in the next few weeks.

City/United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool

Unread 11-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Buck

Top 2 I predict. We have better depth than Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool and better quality players than Arsenal. City are the side who are the team to beat but with new signings and Guardiola's way of coaching it wouldn't be too surprising if they start off slow and start racking up wins playing catch-up. Mourinho's teams are always machine like in his second season and there isn't much complication with this squad.

Unread 11-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Expect us to challenge, have a good run in the cups and give a better account of ourselves in the CL compared to the last time....

Will be happy with that. Fully expect City to win the league. They have to.

If they don't, my God...Guardiola will never recover from it
Nobody will notice

Unread 11-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Nobody will notice

Seriously though, if they don't....It will be one of the biggest failures in modern football

Unread 11-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Seriously though, if they don't....It will be one of the biggest failures in modern football

Big if.... but it'd make it all the sweeter if we managed it

Not expecting but wouldn't rule it out

Unread 11-08-2017, 10:20 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
3rd minimum for me at the moment given the dealings up to now... probably top 2... Spurs are potentially in a bit of a meltdown, Arsenal gonna Arsenal, Liverpool... well.....

Chelsea also not exactly had a great summer.

City are the obvious challengers but I still think their centre backs and central mid is weak, although I imagine they will strengthen more in the next few weeks.

City/United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Hope you're right pal, I really do

But I struggle to see where we'll get the goals from that'll turn us into a championship contender? We replaced Ibra.... but that's it. Obviously you'd hope the likes of Mikki, Martial and Rashers will improve and that Mata will help out with his 5-10 goals, but we really are lacking in attack to be contenders this season imo

Saying that I'd be content with a 4th place finish. It's progress from last season (in regards to league position) and I nice run in Europe should build confidence

Get that done and hope we can add another 2-4 top quality players next summer and I can see us challenging then.
Closed Thread