United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:38 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Smalling

I'm never one to write someone off before they've even played but what is this signing about?

He looks very average every time I've seen him play and he reportedly cost around £10m......I hope hes getting his shit games out of the way for Fulham and is full steam ahead come July 1st

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:40 PM
The Return of JC

All I know about him is that he's played about 4 games and scored 2 own goals.

I'm really excited.

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:42 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs down

I've watched a bit of him too & haven't seen any positives whatsoever
I think (hope) the 'move' has affected his form/concentration in some way.

In short. Smallo out.

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:45 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I've watched a bit of him too & haven't seen any positives whatsoever
I think (hope) the 'move' has affected his form/concentration in some way.

In short. Smallo out.
Tad harsh, as JC said I've seen nothing that excites me, even manucho excited me with his bullet headers and youtube tricks

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Harri Jaffa

I signed on FIFA and he's ace

The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Tad harsh, as JC said I've seen nothing that excites me, even manucho excited me with his bullet headers and youtube tricks

In fairness, the montage of Smalling's own goals is pretty spectacular. Out of the context, they could easily be goals for Fulham.

El Chalten

neither him or this mexican lad are going to get a sniff of first team football at Utd, imo.

£15m spent on £#%&! all.

what a waste.

nft.

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:49 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I signed on FIFA and he's ace
That'll do me, the mexican any good?

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

It fills me with delight that our supporters now slate signings before they've even played a game for the club. I imagine that since Arsenal were also in for him, and with Fergies track record for defenders, he's probably pretty good.

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
neither him or this mexican lad are going to get a sniff of first team football at Utd, imo.

£15m spent on £#%&! all.

what a waste.

nft.
Or, they could both turn out to be first teamers and complete gems. None of us know do we.

nft.

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
In fairness, the montage of Smalling's own goals is pretty spectacular. Out of the context, they could easily be goals for Fulham.

The Return of JC

Quote:

£15m spent on £#%&! all.

what a waste.

nft.
I wish they were both dead.

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
It fills me with delight that our supporters now slate signings before they've even played a game for the club. I imagine that since Arsenal were also in for him, and with Fergies track record for defenders, he's probably pretty good.
I'm not slating him dicksplash, just not seen a lot of him and what I have he hasn't impressed...i'm hoping he will be a good signing

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:53 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

£15m spent on £#%&! all.

what a waste.

nft.

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I'm only joking you soft sod!

By all accounts he hasn't been playing well, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.....for now

wait till he's had a bad game in a United shirt. I'll give him hell

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I wish they were both dead.
Harsh but fair.

Hopefully their corpses will be blown up too

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Hugh Jardon

you know the old saying

Smalling by name, smalling by nature

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Don't know much about the lad, but from what I can gather his name may well be an americanised spelling of Schmaling, a Nth German derivitive of Schmal.

It is thought that schmal, or smal, is a nickname given to someone of slight build back in Middle High German times (or perhaps Middle Low), putting it at somewhere between about 1050 and 1500.

Given the political influence of the Nth German region on the scandanavian royal houses during this period it is possible that Smalling is actually of Swedish or even Danish descent, and may find relatives in the area dating back as far as Old Saxon times.

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Ginners

phelan was talking about him on mutv a while back, spoke very highly of him and said he was the most natural defender he'd seen

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:13 PM
teflon_terry

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Don't know much about the lad, but from what I can gather his name may well be an americanised spelling of Schmaling, a Nth German derivitive of Schmal.

It is thought that schmal, or smal, is a nickname given to someone of slight build back in Middle High German times (or perhaps Middle Low), putting it at somewhere between about 1050 and 1500.

Given the political influence of the Nth German region on the scandanavian royal houses during this period it is possible that Smalling is actually of Swedish or even Danish descent, and may find relatives in the area dating back as far as Old Saxon times.
Oh great - he is a blonde Nazi dwarf too.
Closed Thread