United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Grimson

Default A bit worried about Wayne's touch

Why is it when Rio comes forward, he looks more composed under pressure than Wayne does lately?

I'm delighted the goals have started to come again, but that fact is Wayne does get the ball taken off his foot a great deal more these days.

Tell me I'm imagining it

Unread 06-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Rooney is always shit in Europe.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Tiberian

His first touch has always been inconsistent, just in the league he can use his physical power more to shield the ball, and win it back. The refs do not allow him to bully defenders in the same way in Europe.

Lost count of the amount of times the ball comes out to him from a corner and his second touch is a tackle.

Great young player, but needs to work on this and his left foot if he is to be the player that we want him to be.

Unread 07-12-2006, 12:00 AM
waynes ear's

the ref tonight was £#%&!ing shite, and wayne was obviously saving himself due to the derby and the £#%&!ing yellow card he got

Unread 07-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
the ref tonight was £#%&!ing shite, and wayne was obviously saving himself due to the derby and the £#%&!ing yellow card he got
Obviously....

Unread 07-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Rossi the Red

Cant believe what i'm reading here!

Unread 07-12-2006, 12:23 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filliam H. Muffman
Obviously....
you can £#%&!ing sling it

Unread 07-12-2006, 12:25 AM
magic_cantona

I think he looks like he's not fully fit.

Injury wise, I mean.

Unread 07-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
you can £#%&!ing sling it
That's it !

Yellow card ! *Writing down waynes ear's in mod's book*

Unread 07-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Tropical

Default You're not imagining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Why is it when Rio comes forward, he looks more composed under pressure than Wayne does lately?

I'm delighted the goals have started to come again, but that fact is Wayne does get the ball taken off his foot a great deal more these days.

Tell me I'm imagining it
Rooney has been a bit off by his own standards, even since the goals came back. Which is not to say he hasn't been brilliant, because he has. But his touch has indeed been more erratic than previously. It was all but immaculate before his injury. Let's hope it's only a matter of time before it is again.

Incidentally, Ferdinand almost always looks composed under pressure, because he is. And he has a superb touch as well. Yes, I know he's officially a @#%&!. Yes, I know he can slip up at the back. But like it or not, his control is remarkable. He can really use a football.

Unread 07-12-2006, 01:30 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
Rooney has been a bit off by his own standards, even since the goals came back. Which is not to say he hasn't been brilliant, because he has. But his touch has indeed been more erratic than previously. It was all but immaculate before his injury. Let's hope it's only a matter of time before it is again.

Incidentally, Ferdinand almost always looks composed under pressure, because he is. And he has a superb touch as well. Yes, I know he's officially a @#%&!. Yes, I know he can slip up at the back. But like it or not, his control is remarkable. He can really use a football.
he should be in midfield

Unread 07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he should be in midfield
good call - or at least drop deep for the ball and play himself into the game.

His form is more mental than anything. Don't like that beard.

Unread 07-12-2006, 11:09 AM
M45RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he should be in midfield

£#%&!in' 'ell! I said that about a season and a half ago and got laughed at. @#%&!s

Unread 07-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Billy Baroo

his touch is absolutely phenomenal

nft

Unread 07-12-2006, 11:18 AM
violater

Default the reason ferdinand is so good on the ball

is he is a converted cb.
he was originally a midfielder or a striker which helps...

rooney has never been a great controller of the ball and i think the reason he touch looks so off is because of the comparisom to ronaldo....

ronaldo for me is the best young player i have ever seen and i seriously cant understand how somebody can look at both of them ans say rooney is the more talented...

i struggle which area of his game rooney edges ronaldo in.

Unread 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He plays better with longer hair. Seriously.

Unread 07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
is he is a converted cb.
he was originally a midfielder or a striker which helps...

rooney has never been a great controller of the ball and i think the reason he touch looks so off is because of the comparisom to ronaldo....

ronaldo for me is the best young player i have ever seen and i seriously cant understand how somebody can look at both of them ans say rooney is the more talented...

i struggle which area of his game rooney edges ronaldo in.
passing (i include crossing), shooting, composure in front of goal, strength, attitude, team ethic

Unread 07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
borsuk

Default rooney was excellent last night

fantastic movement, tremendous work rate and desire. he caused benfica all sorts of problems all night and his movement created space for players running with the ball. he also held the ball up superbly at times. why do so many of you seem to think he had a poor game? i thought he was outstanding; saha was a bit anonymous, i thought, at times.

Unread 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Saha looked lethargic last night.

If there's one thing that's more frustrating that poor tactics or missed chances, it's lethargy.

Unread 07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Tropical

Default Saha

did very little last night other than score. But that was plenty, under the circumstances.

Rooney should not be in midfield. He should be exactly where he is, or at least exactly where he is when Fergie isn't £#%&!ing around. In the centre, behind the centre-forward. There will be no better role for him, and there will be no better player for that role.

Assuming it was Rooney Silv meant, and not Ferdinand. Who shouldn't be in midfield either. We tried that, remember?
Closed Thread