Unread 04-11-2018, 12:57 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
1 goal ffs.
Outing yourself as another Rashford hater pal? Disappointed to say the least

Unread 04-11-2018, 01:39 AM
Baron

Absolute lunacy that a 21 year old isn’t consistent, take him out the back & shoot him. Football stampedes toward the bottom.

Unread 04-11-2018, 01:46 AM
Sparky***

Jesus christ.

He scuffed home an injury time winner that stephen hawking could have probably put away during a power surge ffs.

When he starts putting away chances that we expect of a Manchester United forward then maybe people can bttt and start crowing about it.

Other than that, have a word with yourselves, you £#%&!ing plums.

Unread 04-11-2018, 01:47 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Absolute lunacy that a 21 year old isn’t consistent, take him out the back & shoot him. Football stampedes toward the bottom.
I keep on forgetting he's 21. Thought he did great on his goal. With his miss, his mind accelerated and he panicked but with his goal he slowed down time.

Unread 04-11-2018, 06:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Jesus christ.

He scuffed home an injury time winner that stephen hawking could have probably put away during a power surge ffs.

When he starts putting away chances that we expect of a Manchester United forward then maybe people can bttt and start crowing about it.

Other than that, have a word with yourselves, you £#%&!ing plums.

The thread should only ever be bumped when he misses a chance for England in a meaningless friendly so you can tug yourself off about it and say he should be at Brighton. Coming off the bench to score winners for United in the league is inappropriate. Utter mess.

Unread 04-11-2018, 10:19 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Outing yourself as another Rashford hater pal? Disappointed to say the least
Not a hater by any means. I'm impartial.

He's too inconsistent. I could've finished that yesterday.

Unread 04-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Great thread.
A good thread to guage which poster has ever kicked a ball in his / her life.....

Unread 04-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

This... he shouldn’t be guaranteed a starting place until he’s a lot more consistent in front of goal.

Unread 04-11-2018, 12:50 PM
£#%&! KFC

Pleased for him that he eventually got the winner after what was an absolutely shocking miss from two yards before even with the winner he somehow made it look like he was going to miss

Given how abject he's been recently hopefully the goal will give him a lift another winner at the shithole next Sunday would be appreciated

Unread 04-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Baron

Stand by what I said at the top of the page re. 4-3-3 & Sanchez as the no.9, Matic showing he’s too slow for this set-up, Herrera’s cameo that he’s the right option for getting about. Rashford really needs license to move around, as do the other two & Pogba needs them to actually move so he can feed them. Should be a good side if we persevered.

Unread 04-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Tiberian

The significant part about that goal is not the finish but the initial part he plays. Ball comes in at a difficult height, kills it instantly into Pogba's path with a soft touch and is already moving before Pogba takes a touch. With Lukaku much of the time he will either lose that ball in that scenario or have to take multiple touches before the ball is under his control, allowing the defenders time to reset.

Whatever you think about Rashford it can not have escaped notice that the last few games with Fellaini and Lukaku absent is the most cogent attacking play under Mou. We have seen quick interplay, movement, change of positions. The conclusion for me is that Mourinho has been building the wrong type of team(if he had his way guys like Martial, Shaw and maybe even Pogba would already be gone) and wasting what has been a rather talented attacking group.

Rashford can not play as a CF if you would want him to be a classic Mourinho isolated targetman, but if you get players close to him, allow him to link with quick, intelligent players you see his potential.

Unread 04-11-2018, 01:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Pleased for him that he eventually got the winner after what was an absolutely shocking miss from two yards before even with the winner he somehow made it look like he was going to miss

Given how abject he's been recently hopefully the goal will give him a lift another winner at the shithole next Sunday would be appreciated
He was never missing the second. Great composure to pause and let the defender take himself out the game. Coming back from missed chances the way he does is a good trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A good thread to guage which poster has ever kicked a ball in his / her life.....
Feels that way doesn’t it pal.

Quote:

Deffo feels that way, in fact.

Unread 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM
utd99

Middle ground on this forum is rarer than an interesting RiC post.

Unread 04-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The significant part about that goal is not the finish but the initial part he plays. Ball comes in at a difficult height, kills it instantly into Pogba's path with a soft touch and is already moving before Pogba takes a touch. With Lukaku much of the time he will either lose that ball in that scenario or have to take multiple touches before the ball is under his control, allowing the defenders time to reset.

Whatever you think about Rashford it can not have escaped notice that the last few games with Fellaini and Lukaku absent is the most cogent attacking play under Mou. We have seen quick interplay, movement, change of positions. The conclusion for me is that Mourinho has been building the wrong type of team(if he had his way guys like Martial, Shaw and maybe even Pogba would already be gone) and wasting what has been a rather talented attacking group.

Rashford can not play as a CF if you would want him to be a classic Mourinho isolated targetman, but if you get players close to him, allow him to link with quick, intelligent players you see his potential.
Spot on.

We need players with technical ability, that's why even the slug Mata has been recalled. No point having the likes of Pogba and Martial in the side if they're being bottlenecked by idiots such as Fellaini.

Unread 04-11-2018, 03:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Definitely agree we have looked much better going forward in last two games without the donkey slowing everything down and giving the ball away. I thought Sanchez was good for an hour yesterday and would stick with him in Turin and keep Lukaku out the side for a good few weeks.

Was a terrible miss by Rashford but he made amends the misses by Fred and Lingard were just as bad

Unread 04-11-2018, 04:02 PM
TheFatGoth

Hearing yesterday's goal prevented a certain hashtag from going viral. He's on borrowed time though, surely?

Unread 04-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Definitely agree we have looked much better going forward in last two games without the donkey slowing everything down and giving the ball away. I thought Sanchez was good for an hour yesterday and would stick with him in Turin and keep Lukaku out the side for a good few weeks.

Was a terrible miss by Rashford but he made amends the misses by Fred and Lingard were just as bad
Fred and Lingards misses from 12 yards with a keeper to beat were not as bad as Rashford's from 4 yards with no keeper to beat.

If anything, Pogba's miss after Ake blocked Rashford's initial shot was as bad if not worse.

He seemed to do his best to miss the winner too. I don't buy this 'kept his cool' argument. Looked to me like it wouldn't sit for him and the defender does swing and miss his clearance.

However, that's just a lack of confidence from not scoring much recently. Hopefully that brings a bit more confidence in front of goal from now. He needed a moment like that. I hope he starts in Turin. That would be another big vote of confidence for the lad. If he can cause problems there, he could really kick on

And generally, we look better with him and/or Sanchez in there than Lukaku.

Unread 04-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Fred and Lingards misses from 12 yards with a keeper to beat were not as bad as Rashford's from 4 yards with no keeper to beat.

If anything, Pogba's miss after Ake blocked Rashford's initial shot was as bad if not worse.
Begovic made a couple of decent saves from Shaw and Lingard. All he had to do was stand there though when Rashford brainlessly drilled the ball at him.
Closed Thread