United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:00 PM
sub three hours

Default FIFA, Poppies, Fascists

From my experiences it seems that the people who shout the loudest, that it is a disgrace to not wear a poppy are the same people who disgrace the poppy as a symbol by wearing one-

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
waynes ear's

Yeah

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:45 PM
rebelcountyred

Not this shit again

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:47 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, "the poppy symbolises how our BRAVE BOYS FOUGHT FOR FREEDOM! Which is why EVERYBODY should be MADE to wear one!!"

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, "the poppy symbolises how our BRAVE BOYS FOUGHT FOR FREEDOM! Which is why EVERYBODY should be MADE to wear one!!"
Especially nofun

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:55 PM
20 times

If u h8 this country why do u liv here. Go and liv in the eu

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:59 PM
red in cumbria

When I was a lad it was "if you hate it here so much, why not move to Russia"

(wouldn't have minded, personally speaking - my chess would almost certainly have improved)

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Fat Al

I think what the OP is referring to is FIFA not allowing the Home Nations to wear a poppy on their shirt at the upcoming WC Qualifiers.

They have got around it before by wearing Poppy armbands. But according to The Sun, FIFA are a bunch of stinking pinko commie/fascists* for refusing to allow them to wear them on their shirt.

* Delete as appropriate

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Especially nofun
no thanks

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Especially nofun
I'm going to kidnap him next year & take him the NFL game at Wembley that is played the closest to Rememerance Sunday.

I'll live stream it off my phone & we can all take bets on how long before his head explodes, Scanners style.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:53 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I think what the OP is referring to is FIFA not allowing the Home Nations to wear a poppy on their shirt at the upcoming WC Qualifiers.

They have got around it before by wearing Poppy armbands. But according to The Sun, FIFA are a bunch of stinking pinko commie/fascists* for refusing to allow them to wear them on their shirt.

* Delete as appropriate
Correct Fat Al, sorry everyone, I recognise that I didn't make it particularly clear in my post what i was getting at.

I do wonder, however, if all these swivel eyed, Britain First, EDL types who ring up talk shows such as talksport would be ok for Argentinian players to wear veteran's charity patches for the Las Malvinas?

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Sapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Correct Fat Al, sorry everyone, I recognise that I didn't make it particularly clear in my post what i was getting at.

I do wonder, however, if all these swivel eyed, Britain First, EDL types who ring up talk shows such as talksport would be ok for Argentinian players to wear veteran's charity patches for the Las Malvinas?
If they were eye patches, yes.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

If they'd have been battered brutally by senior management from Apple then if they were iPatches, yes.

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Pop

James McClean 2016 update:

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/dup-polit...ar-poppy/95332

Unrelated to the above, what I find amusing is that footballers and football supporters are generally considered scumbags not worthy of the air they breathe, but every year come Remembrance Sunday or indeed any event that leads to an outpouring of grief, genuine or sanctimonious, why is it always the aforementioned footballers and its followers who are expected to lead the nation in a spectacular showing of said grief?

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Fergie out 89

Same shit different year thanks to the poppy police

Unread 01-11-2016, 07:07 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Are any ex services personnel actually getting any help on the back of all this poppy palava? or are they all still having their medical conditions questioned by DWP and benefits denied.

Unemployment, homelessness, addiction, prison, mental illness in the land fit for heroes.

Unread 01-11-2016, 07:08 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Are any ex services personnel actually getting any help on the back of all this poppy palava? or are they all still having their medical conditions questioned by DWP and benefits denied.

Unemployment, homelessness, addiction, prison, mental illness in the land fit for heroes.
Think prince William is getting his house decorated for free

Unread 01-11-2016, 08:57 PM
TheFatGoth

Fan's fury

Unread 01-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Pop

Must confess, I'd love a go on Adele.

Unread 02-11-2016, 12:04 AM
Big Norm

This article nails it tbh.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ry-footballers
Closed Thread