United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 71 71.00%
No 14 14.00%
Not arsed 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 30-01-2024, 05:17 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 05-02-2024, 04:24 PM
armchair

The Empire Strikes Back

Unread 05-02-2024, 05:24 PM
believe

Seen today on LinkedIn that INEOS had made some deal with a company in Qatar. Maybe that’s the end goal for them.

Unread 05-02-2024, 05:49 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Seen today on LinkedIn that INEOS had made some deal with a company in Qatar. Maybe that’s the end goal for them.

Unread 05-02-2024, 05:50 PM
qldclone

Quote:
hmm a company that has made billions in the petrochemical business doing a deal with a state that produces Oil and Gas and £#%&! all else , That's just so strange, definitely must be related to United.

Unread 05-02-2024, 06:00 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by qldclone
hmm a company that has made billions in the petrochemical business doing a deal with a state that produces Oil and Gas and £#%&! all else , That's just so strange, definitely must be related to United.
Ah so some deals with the Middle East are ok, just not others? That’s just so strange.

Unread 05-02-2024, 06:12 PM
qldclone

Quote:
Ah so some deals with the Middle East are ok, just not others? That’s just so strange.
I've made no judgement on the deal. Perhaps I've misread your post, but from my reading of it, you appear to be making a connection between this Ineos /Qatari deal and United, which I think is nonsense, Ineos do deals with the middle-east oil states all the time, zero to do with football, sport or United.

Unread 05-02-2024, 06:16 PM
believe

Quote:
I've made no judgement on the deal. Perhaps I've misread your post, but from my reading of it, you appear to be making a connection between this Ineos /Qatari deal and United, which I think is nonsense, Ineos do deals with the middle-east oil states all the time, zero to do with football, sport or United.
Inadvertently we’re now owned by Qatar money. Don't know how some of you sleep at night.

Unread 05-02-2024, 06:21 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Yes

Unread 05-02-2024, 06:24 PM
qldclone

Quote:
Inadvertently we’re now owned by Qatar money. Don't know how some of you sleep at night.
I'm sure thy are some who show a disdain for the Qatari money, But nither on here or on other forums or on twitter did I post that Qatar shouldn't own united because their money is "tainted", In fact I think it was on here, that I referred to Ratcliffe and a Chelsea supporting @#%&! when the 25% part ownership thing was first announced.

Unread 05-02-2024, 06:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

State of believe these days, hoping for an African revival....

Unread 05-02-2024, 08:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Do you get thicker every time you go further south?

Unread 05-02-2024, 08:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Do you get thicker every time you go further south?
"Seen the STATE of our Parters..."

Unread 05-02-2024, 09:29 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
I'm sure thy are some who show a disdain for the Qatari money, But nither on here or on other forums or on twitter did I post that Qatar shouldn't own united because their money is "tainted", In fact I think it was on here, that I referred to Ratcliffe and a Chelsea supporting @#%&! when the 25% part ownership thing was first announced.
Bit harsh on Big Jim that.

You're showing your Qatari colours here

Unread 05-02-2024, 09:33 PM
qldclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Bit harsh on Big Jim that.

You're showing your Qatari colours here
The only colours I have are those of United, I was initially very unhappy at the thought of the Gimps being able to stay, I'm still unhappy at that, but Big Jim seems to have gained effective control even with only 25%, and with that I'm happy. I'll be cheering on anyone who's putting United first and whose primary goal is onfield success.

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:29 AM
believe

The partnership was with a modular building company I do some work with,, I thought you’d at least have done that much due diligence to thrown back at me. As if I give a £#%&! about who Ineos do business with or think it’s any way connected but £#%&! me it’s easy these days. Nice to see how tense the AMEC are these days

Edit: calling me thick

Unread 06-02-2024, 06:30 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
"Seen the STATE of our Parters..."
Who rattled your cage, Li?

Unread 06-02-2024, 07:01 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Thought of you when I read it he’s the only engineer to exist who doesn’t care about the small details.

Unread 06-02-2024, 09:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Was a play on "you wanna see the state of our wez" meme....

Doesn't matter pal

Unread 06-02-2024, 10:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Inhalers by Friday?