Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2015, 10:35 PM
irk

Unread 04-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Would you have him at the help for heroes stadium switchers?
He's no Danny Andrews.

Unread 04-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Well I don't want him to sign for United, yet I'd £#%&! the one out of Coming to America, so I'm confused.
Darryl? Pretty hunky tbf.

Unread 04-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Stickman

No, not a priority especially now we've signed Depay.

Unread 04-06-2015, 10:51 PM
taff

what's with all these £#%&!ing shit spiv tashes that have made a comeback recently?

Unread 04-06-2015, 10:56 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Oh no!

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
No, not a priority especially now we've signed Depay.
Don't you think we need more pace and dribblers? Be it Sterling or not, we need to avoid the possibility that Depay is our only quality outlet next season, especially as he may need time. If we don't get Sterling, there needs to be at least one more pacey forward, surely?

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't you think we need more pace and dribblers? Be it Sterling or not, we need to avoid the possibility that Depay is our only quality outlet next season, especially as he may need time. If we don't get Sterling, there needs to be at least one more pacey forward, surely?
With Depay and Sterling we wouldn't have to add a striker imo.

Depay
Sterling
Zorgon Schneiderlin
Right Back
Gundogan
Centre Half (if we get the right midfielders I have a feeling he won't add nor do I particularly feel it is a priority)

We'd piss the league with that. The role and position Carrick plays is so important to the way we defend as evident in the difference with the performances when he was in the team. Having another defence minded by trade midfielder in the squad is going to be essential, preferably one with a bit of experience, said it last year but De Jong would be a £#%&!ing great signing for us. Yeah he's not as good as Carrick with the ball but then that part of Carrick's role would defer to one of the other midfielders who in turn would be freed up on the defensive side.

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
With Depay and Sterling we wouldn't have to add a striker imo.

Depay
Sterling
Zorgon Schneiderlin
Right Back
Gundogan
Centre Half (if we get the right midfielders I have a feeling he won't add nor do I particularly feel it is a priority)

We'd piss the league with that. The role and position Carrick plays is so important to the way we defend as evident in the difference with the performances when he was in the team. Having another defence minded by trade midfielder in the squad is going to be essential, preferably one with a bit of experience, said it last year but De Jong would be a £#%&!ing great signing for us. Yeah he's not as good as Carrick with the ball but then that part of Carrick's role would defer to one of the other midfielders who in turn would be freed up on the defensive side.
true, if LVG sacks the idea of playing out from the centre of the second line

he's not going to do that though, so at least one centre back who can play football properly is essential

the only alternative is to use the anfield away blueprint of Carrick (or similarly excellent passer/reader of the game) dropping in between the two stooges to effectively make a 3 operating by default in lines 2 & 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He doesn't at all tbf.

Had a few shandies?
you? almost certainly.

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:31 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

He's exactly what we need to spice up the zzzz quarterly results conf. calls a few of us keep dialling into

:shakehead:

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
And still scored more goals than Ronaldo did at the same age.

Seriously, he's a gifted young player. This odd refusal to admit that just because he plays for Liverpool reminds me of when so many on here used to say Mascherano was a limited clogger
Mascherano is a limited player and also a nasty snide little @#%&!. He has embraced the role guardiola gave him though and as a result improved massively from his days, now long long long gone, as a midfielder. He would be an ideal candidate for exactly what we need in our back line right now, I will happily admit.

Sterling is obviously very good in certain aspects, but he's pretty shit in others and is also a little ponce. Didn't he score more than Messi at the same age as well? Like I said, the way you bang on he's the pair of them rolled into one ffs

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Quote:
Manchester United's Peter Braund was a guest in the Hoffenheim box owned by Rogon, the company who represent Firmino, and was photographed with agent Paul Koutsoliakos

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
Mascherano is a limited player and also a nasty snide little @#%&!. He has embraced the role guardiola gave him though and as a result improved massively from his days, now long long long gone, as a midfielder. He would be an ideal candidate for exactly what we need in our back line right now, I will happily admit.

Sterling is obviously very good in certain aspects, but he's pretty shit in others and is also a little ponce. Didn't he score more than Messi at the same age as well? Like I said, the way you bang on he's the pair of them rolled into one ffs
Was always inaccurate. He's a very good passer of the ball. He started off as a striker in the youth teams precisely because he does have technical quality. But his reading of the game is outstanding, also. He has always - since his youth - been an exceptional player. That didn't suddenly happen when he went to Barcelona. He was a linchpin for the Argentina side when he was 21.

As for Sterling, all I've really done is suggest that United should be in for him. Fergie would be if he thought he had a chance.

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Manchester United's Peter Braund was a guest in the Hoffenheim box owned by Rogon, the company who represent Firmino, and was photographed with agent Paul Koutsoliakos

let's hope United sign him asap so people who should know better stop with this £#%&!ing sterling wibble

Quote:
Was always inaccurate. He's a very good passer of the ball. He started off as a striker in the youth teams precisely because he does have technical quality. But his reading of the game is outstanding, also. He has always - since his youth - been an exceptional player. That didn't suddenly happen when he went to Barcelona. He was a linchpin for the Argentina side when he was 21.

As for Sterling, all I've really done is suggest that United should be in for him. Fergie would be if he thought he had a chance.
Mascherano is a limited player, excellent at what he currently does. maybe that's because it allows him to use all the parts of his game that he excels at, and doesn't require him to the stuff that has always shown him up...

Ferguson would sign a striker as you well know.

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Mascherano was probably the best midfielder at the World Cup.

true re Fergie - and a winger, obvs.

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:58 PM
PeakyBlinder

Couldnt' we have signed Mascherano but Fergie didn't want him (as well as Tevez)?

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Mr_Ed

Where's Buttner these days?

Unread 05-06-2015, 12:01 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
Couldnt' we have signed Mascherano but Fergie didn't want him (as well as Tevez)?
Well the fact he left West Ham means that it wasn't outside realms of possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Where's Buttner these days?
Google
Closed Thread