United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:10 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Aren't you the guy demanded rafael in midfield for years and when you finally got your wish it meant we lost pogba?
Yes he is. Now he's after Valencia for it.

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Aren't you the guy demanded rafael in midfield for years and when you finally got your wish it meant we lost pogba?
I'm the guy who went on for years about needing to buy some midfielders and suggested rafael could play defensive midfield in the absence of us actually having any. we did not lose pogba because of rafael, but more because of unflushable turds like fletch and park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yes he is. Now he's after Valencia for it.

because we still haven't got any dms.

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:13 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm the guy who went on for years about needing to buy some midfielders and suggested rafael could play defensive midfield in the absence of us actually having any. we did not lose pogba because of rafael, but more because of unflushable turds like fletch and park.

because we still haven't got any dms.
No, because they are all at Juventus after your first Hiroshima.

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Seen a few united lads liking London estate agent pages on Instagram recently...

Are we moving assets from the capital...

Something is ON..the press are fishing
If pace isn't a priority up-front (Memph Deep, Bale, Nani have plenty) then Vietto not Kane would be my call. Any word on the PSV captain?

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:15 AM
ScarFace

that gerrard superman line at the top

Can't superman spin the entire planet backwards to turn back time......that scouse @#%&! can't even stay on his feet.

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:16 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Apart from Pogba

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:20 AM
utd99

Quote:
Apart from Pogba
No wonder Jem has been avoiding the Pogba thread like the plague. Turns out he's at least as responsible as Fergie.

Unread 15-05-2015, 12:35 AM
jem

it'll be my fault kane is shit and overpriced soon.

Unread 15-05-2015, 02:32 AM
angrydimaria

No way. one season wonder

Unread 15-05-2015, 02:59 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
No way. one season wonder
Based on what, a fanboy/hater coin flip?

Unread 15-05-2015, 03:26 AM
Gruber

He's not South American so doesn't fit the #sage criteria, therefore I am in favour.

Levy will want every penny we have in the bank for him, therefore we are out.

Clearly a good footballer, but born in Chingford not some goat farming Venezuelan town with a population of 84 so can never be a worldly #sage

Unread 15-05-2015, 03:43 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
He's not South American so doesn't fit the #sage criteria, therefore I am in favour.

Clearly a good footballer, but born in Chingford not some goat farming Venezuelan town with a population of 84 so can never be a worldly #sage
Whenever a new name is mentioned as a possibility, you can almost hear cyber coins being tossed all over the forum.

Unread 15-05-2015, 06:13 AM
saffers

Even more evidence van gaal follows my advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Harry Kane is a potential Utd player imo. Works hard, scores, deceptively quick and has a football brain by the looks. Set up two sitters for his team today.

Lad has come out of nowhere. 15 goals, as many as Alexis.
Quote:
Throw the kitchen sink at spurs for kane in the summer
Quote:
I love Raddy but £44m for him at his age or for Kane?

Easy choice.

Doubt spurs could refuse. If he breaks 40 goals+ they may put the price up to crazy levels though.
Quote:
Let him

The complete striker.

Loved the bit in scholesys column this week about kane's 1st goal at wba, it was van nistelrooy like.

Quote:
Super player. Reminds me of Teddy with pace but not sure anyone could deal with the pressure. The guy is the real deal though.
Agreed. Some players simply develop a bit later. I don't see how he doesn't score a shit ton of goals if we sign him next year. He does all the right things.

No chance levy sells for £45m though.

Unread 15-05-2015, 06:19 AM
teflon_terry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Apology accepted.

Unread 15-05-2015, 06:24 AM
Ginners

Twice the striker rooney is but wont be allowed to leave this summer

Unread 15-05-2015, 06:32 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Twice the striker rooney is but wont be allowed to leave this summer
Yep. Sadly unrealistic target. Spurs don't need the money and Kane just signed a new deal. Daniel Levy still hates United after the Carrick and Berba sagas. Look at how he stonewalled us when Modric and Bale were asking to leave Spurs...

Unread 15-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Cream

Quote:

Unread 15-05-2015, 06:55 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he's been impressive, but a move to united after one good season? is that all it takes these days?

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit .
New to Luke Shaw, pol?

Quote:
Yep. Sadly unrealistic target. Spurs don't need the money and Kane just signed a new deal. Daniel Levy still hates United after the Carrick and Berba sagas. Look at how he stonewalled us when Modric and Bale were asking to leave Spurs...
We bid £100m for Bale, he would've taken it but Bale was set on Madrid who any player would jump at the chance to play for to be fair. Especially after being at Spurs.

Unread 15-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Ginners

Quote:
He's far more likely to end at bayern or madrid

Unread 15-05-2015, 07:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

There's a lot of debate about Kane within the game. As mentioned earlier in the thread he's surprised a lot of people he's worked with by how well he has done. He was never seen as a major young talent of the status he is reaching now.

I suspect there would be a few at Spurs who think from a football perspective that a £50m+ bid would be impossible to turn down if they're unsure he can repeat this kind of form. But selling him would be awful PR given how much the fans love him.

United should always be first in line for the best British talent, which is why Fergie should have moved the world to get Bale two years before he went to Real Madrid. And why Shaw was worth losing Evra a year early. But dropping £50-60m on a possible flash in the pan like Kane after a good 5/6 months seems unlikely to me.

Would be funny, though. The media would have to fall out of love with him fairly quickly.
Closed Thread