I am 83.94% certain we wont finish top 4
Show your workings.

Unread 23-02-2015, 02:32 PM
irk

"...and when it was over and the calculation done,
We'd a 57.5% probability of defeating benfica by four goals to one."

Unread 23-02-2015, 07:58 PM
20 times

Using Mathematical modelling to sign players.

£#%&! off.

Unread 23-02-2015, 11:58 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Fair enough. Find all the talk of tradition a tidgy bit scouse. Agree with you that we're boring as £#%&! mind.
Tradition as in the type of football that we've grown up watching, that our dads grew up watching. Good football. My teeth were cut on two FA Cup wins in the 80s, others fared worse with the 70s no doubt but Big Ron's teams were entertaining and we at least thought we had a good chance of winning. Now we've just got a good chance of not losing.

Unread 24-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
All the character has been sapped out of football by this shit.

This. The stats £#%&!ers are taking over.

Unread 24-02-2015, 07:17 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Since last season I have been taking my eldest son to watch Brentford and TBH I have enjoyed going. Warburton has got them playing quick attacking football, I cant help but think that Benham has just pushed the self destruct button.

Apprently Benham saved Brentford from going bust a few years back and has invested £90m of his own money. Some of which is going towards a new stadium which is due to be built in a few years.

Benham has built his fortune on gambling. I see this latest decision as a huge risk considering he has one of the best footballing coaches already at his disposal and is about to let him walk out the door.

A lot of fans are quite rightly pissed at this decision, but there are those who remember the dark days of not so long ago and are giving Benham the benefit of the doubt.

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=15045

Unread 24-02-2015, 09:53 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
This. The same £#%&!ers that sit in the pub pontificating on clubs business results like they're gordon gecko. Soap opera for blokes. Can't they just watch the £#%&!ing game?

Unread 24-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
This and this....

Hope they go under and all the staff lose their jobs and ultimately homes and life style...

Unread 24-02-2015, 09:58 AM
macawber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Tradition as in the type of football that we've grown up watching, that our dads grew up watching. Good football. My teeth were cut on two FA Cup wins in the 80s, others fared worse with the 70s no doubt but Big Ron's teams were entertaining and we at least thought we had a good chance of winning. Now we've just got a good chance of not losing.
Rep for that and allowing me to reminisce;

I cried my eyes out after the 76 final, no idea why and apart from Robbo and Scholes last game havent at a match since.
I was so ecstatic after the 77 final, utter joy. If we win this year its just another trophy to almost all the support and nothing without top 4 ... I dont understand that.

Still my happiest memory is going home after the 1990 replay and the kids had been allowed to stay up because they were excited to share it with Dad. That remains my number one match, a simple FA cup final. Now we have £#%&!ing mathematical modelling FFS!

Unread 24-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Footballs changed, blogs, vlogs, Opta joe, steering groups, algorithems, 6 sec vines, motd2, Sunday brunch shows with journos, celeb tweeters etc etc...

It's why it's £#%&!ed.

It's also why the WC 2022 will probably be played by robots, so who gives a £#%&!.

Footballs eating itself.

Unread 24-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Footballs changed, blogs, vlogs, Opta joe, steering groups, algorithems, 6 sec vines, motd2, Sunday brunch shows with journos, celeb tweeters etc etc...

It's why it's £#%&!ed.

It's also why the WC 2022 will probably be played by robots, so who gives a £#%&!.

Footballs eating itself.
mathematical models could save football.....

Unread 24-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Yeah I'll keep my eye out for Brentford and whatevehiifc are called in the champions league...

Exciting times.

Unread 24-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
This. The same £#%&!ers that sit in the pub pontificating on clubs business results like they're gordon gecko. Soap opera for blokes. Can't they just watch the £#%&!ing game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

It's why it's £#%&!ed.

Footballs eating itself.
These boys know

Players like Cantona would get slaughtered these days for losing possession percentage points for trying something audacious instead of a sideways or backwards pass to one of the group.

No room for mavericks anymore . You can't go back...

Unread 24-02-2015, 03:18 PM
macawber

Quote:
These boys know

Players like Cantona would get slaughtered these days for losing possession percentage points for trying something audacious instead of a sideways or backwards pass to one of the group.

I hate that word when used to mean a football team FFS group, political inclusiveness gone £#%&!ing crazy.

Unread 24-02-2015, 04:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike999
Nothing wrong with trying something different but in this case different is £#%&!ing stupid.
Yeah, because he sounds like a stupid guy.

Unread 24-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Grimson

Quote:
These boys know

Unread 24-02-2015, 04:36 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Him up front in the centre in a 4-3-3 in a heartbeat.

Unread 24-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Him up front in the centre in a 4-3-3 in a heartbeat.
Only for a van Persie-esque swansong season. He's 33(!) now.

re. the stats & Moneyball approach, I think given the way football is full of blaggers, bullshitters & @#%&!s it's a relatively sensible way to create a base. Elite teams are more unlikely to have sustained success with the approach but the rest of the world is battling for scraps.

The romance might be dead, but if that Danish side wins their league for the first time what do they care?

More than one way to skin a cat.

Unread 24-02-2015, 05:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
In the "we destroyed this village in order to save it" sense, presumably?
Closed Thread