United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Nou Camp 99

Default Would you take him next season if Ferie stood down...?

"I believe my time at FC Barcelona is ending" Pep Guardiola

http://www.barcelonareporter.com/ind...oming_to_an_e/

Pep Guardiola, who has coached the Spanish club since 2008, told Italian television Rai Sports: 'I feel good here but I believe my time at FC Barcelona is ending.'

Pep Guardiola warns Barcelona Leaving My time at Camp Nou is coming to an end

FC Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola warned the Catalan giants that he Leaving the club and does not plan to stay much longer, during an interview with Italian television network RAI.

'I think that my time here is coming to an end,' Guardiola said in Italian, in video comments that RAI advanced on its website Friday.

'I am fine here at FC Barcelona, but when you stay for a long time at a club like this one, it is not possible to stay longer. Next year will be my fourth consecutive year as Barcelona coach.'

Guardiola has coached Barca's first team since 2008, Guardiola extended his contract with Barcelona by a season in February with his new deal expiring in June 2012.

He lead the Spanish club to two league titles in 2009 and 2010, and the Champions League in 2009. They are currently leading the league by five points on Real Madrid.

Guardiola was speaking as part of the centenary celebrations for Italian club Brescia where he played in the early 2000s

'Players get tired of coaches and vice versa,' he said. 'The same thing happened to me when I was a player. At a certain point I understood I had to leave.'

-----
Must be up with a shout, how's his English?

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:13 AM
S/Side.Red

Default Re: Would you take him next season if Ferie stood down...?

Er, yes.

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Nou Camp 99

There's Big Sam though! What if he learnt English?

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Cream

Hell yeah, he's done wonders with that rag-tag band of water carriers.

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Hell yeah, he's done wonders with that rag-tag band of water carriers.

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Where's the poll you complete strum the guitar

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:30 AM
waynes ear's

i'd love to £#%&! him. sexy mother£#%&!er

and yes, i'd have him at United

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Sparky, in all seriousness why/how are you a United fan?

Tonight you have proclaimed that every one of us that goes to home games is a @#%&! who leaves early...

Been THE most negative person regarding tonights game and the final

Been bleating that we won't beat Chelsea/win the league...

Yet when it comes to Utd playing in your neck of the woods it's 'ooh I've got a ticket!!!' yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

Mr not been a game all season until the FA-cup Semi! Slagging-off the entire OT crowd

YCNMIU

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Sparky, in all seriousness why/how are you a United fan?
Because I want to be.

Quote:
Tonight you have proclaimed that every one of us that goes to home games is a @#%&! who leaves early...
Where did I say that?

Quote:
Been THE most negative person regarding tonights game and the final
I don't think I was negative at all about the semi final. Infact I said from the go that Schalke are rubbish and we should be beating them comfortably. I think there were several people on the match thread being far more negative than me pal.

Quote:
Been bleating that we won't beat Chelsea/win the league...
That is a serious concern of mine, yes. That performance against arsenal on sunday was crap.

Quote:
Yet when it comes to Utd playing in your neck of the woods it's 'ooh I've got a ticket!!!' yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy
Steady now.

Quote:
Mr not been a game all season until the FA-cup Semi! Slagging-off the entire OT crowd
Right. Firstly....I had a 2 season tickets/league match ticket book since i was in my teens. I went to virtually every single home game for about 8-9 years until it became financially unfeasible and too demanding on my time with regards to work to do so. That was travelling sometimes 3 times a week, 6 hour round trips to manchester and back spending god knows how much money to watch us play the likes of £#%&!ing sparta prague in some shit non entity of a champions league group game on weds then back again for a £#%&!ing 11.30am kick off against boro or some shit on saturday.

And Secondly..I certainly would never have £#%&!ed off 10 mins before the end of a european cup semi final which we were winning when the least the lads deserved was to be applauded off the £#%&!ing pitch.

And I have to been to several games this season mate I just will not fork over £1600 for 2 season tickets anymore.

Now stop being so £#%&!ing argumentative.

Unread 05-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Cream

He's trying to run a successful taxi/COD commentary business, and save up to take his 18 yr old b..girlfriend to San Francisco.

Give the geezer a break.

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

Now stop being so £#%&!ing argumentative.

Sorry, I have been a bit of a @#%&! tonight, lots of worrying family stuff going-on (or possibly not) at the moment

Plus the bitch still claims to be unable to find my PS3 power cable

You're alright sparkles x

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling

Sorry, I have been a bit of a @#%&! tonight, lots of worrying family stuff going-on (or possibly not) at the moment

Plus the bitch still claims to be unable to find my PS3 power cable

You're alright sparkles x
Yeah they say that. She hid the sky remote from me in a 'humerous jape' to try and stop me watching American Dad the other night.

She didn't think it was so funny when I threw her car keys down the rubbish chute.

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Yeah they say that. She hid the sky remote from me in a 'humerous jape' to try and stop me watching American Dad the other night.

She didn't think it was so funny when I threw her car keys down the rubbish chute.
That a euphemism?

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
That a euphemism?
no way! nobody's committing suicide mate.

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

It's been over 3 weeks now! I'm ready to stick her head up my own Pop-chute!!

Unless I accept it was lost in the move and my wife isn't a rabid fundamentalantiPS3ist

In which case I'll forgive my wife and just buy a new one

See what I mean??? I'm losing my grip on normality! Seriously!

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Baldy

I'd have him...pep = sexy football.

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Neo

I would like to see him tested somewhere else and see if he can still succeed with a less talented team. Somewhere in Italy would be a good challenge I reckon, managing one of the Milan clubs or Juventus.

If he does well whilst playing good, attractive football then he'd be my number one choice for United. Could be ideal considering that Fergie will hopefully still have a few more seasons in him yet. Plenty of time for Pep to pick up some experience away from Barca.

Maureen has always been a bit of a smacked arse, and his toys out the pram routine over the last couple of weeks is not something I'd like to see at United at all. In terms of record of trophies he's the number one choice, but the circus act that comes with him will be hard to like.

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:54 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I would like to see him tested somewhere else and see if he can still succeed with a less talented team. Somewhere in Italy would be a good challenge I reckon, managing one of the Milan clubs or Juventus.

If he does well whilst playing good, attractive football then he'd be my number one choice for United. Could be ideal considering that Fergie will hopefully still have a few more seasons in him yet. Plenty of time for Pep to pick up some experience away from Barca.

Maureen has always been a bit of a smacked arse, and his toys out the pram routine over the last couple of weeks is not something I'd like to see at United at all. In terms of record of trophies he's the number one choice, but the circus act that comes with him will be hard to like.

Pep is a very very fortunate manager!

He has done very little to 'develop' this Barca team, so he should be judged in the same light as Maureen is

A tactician as opposed to a manager

So take your pick, a horrible winner or one which wins horribly

Unread 05-05-2011, 06:41 AM
borsuk

no chance. if he reckons that four years at the club where he is already a legend as a player is too much then why would he stay longer at united?

our strength has been our loyalty to fergie and the continuity that has resulted. i want somebody to come and stay long-term, build an identity the way fergie has, not just come in short-term and try to win a few cups.

anyway, i reckon it's %@#$&!s. pep will stay at barca for the foreseeable imo, until the spanish job comes his way at least.

Unread 05-05-2011, 09:07 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Hes won a lot but i really think this barca team could play without a manager, they hardly ever change tactics or lineups so its difficult to judge how good a manager he is.

As others have said if he is cracking under the strain at barca he will be out on his ear by xmas here.
Closed Thread