United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
then sack him and stop giving him new contracts. This is what jose does, fill the team with 6ft lads who remember Thundercats.
There was a decent reboot in 2011 tbf..

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
then sack him and stop giving him new contracts. This is what jose does, fill the team with 6ft lads who remember Thundercats.

Yeah but five targets and they're all old? Even by his standards that's cheeky after Sanchez and Matic.

He must be stopped.

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:30 PM
sa7

Quote:
Big Dunc said Jose wanted 5 players and the board are refusing to buy them as they're all 29+, due to no sell on/the fee the clubs want.

This is one of those.

Grim.
If that is true about their ages then he’s a complete @#%&!.

It’s almost certainly true.

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Big Dunc said Jose wanted 5 players and the board are refusing to buy them as they're all 29+, due to no sell on/the fee the clubs want.

This is one of those.

Grim.
Not sure that’s entirley true tbh?

Willian or Perisic

Aldeweirald or ?

And we’ve already signed Fred and Dalot who are younger than 29.

He’s more than likely given the board targets (1st and 2nd options) and some of the targets are 29, not that he wanted five 29 year olds.

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:34 PM
saffers

Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Dalot, Lindelof, Bailly plus promoting loads of young players.

Let the talkers talk though.

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:37 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Dalot, Lindelof, Bailly plus promoting loads of young players.

I share your excitement shame our manager does not

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Willian or Perisic

Aldeweirald or ?

He’s more than likely given the board targets (1st and 2nd options) and some of the targets are 29, not that he wanted five 29 year olds.
Pretty sure Big Dunc would know better than you tbf?

Anyway apparently the players are Alderweirweld, Perisic, Maldini, Willian and Mandzukic

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Pretty sure Big Dunc would know better than you tbf?

Anyway apparently the players are Alderweirweld, Perisic, Maldini, Willian and Mandzukic

No way does he want both Perisic and Willian, it’ll be one or the other IMO.

Edit- sorry, what I mean is he’ll have targeted both of them but one will be 1st choice and the other 2nd choice. We won’t be looking to sign both of them IMO.

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Why’s he just signed a dwarf to play midfield then? Most of his signings have also been 28 or under. Anyone would think united have never signed players the wrong side of 28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Yeah but five targets and they're all old? Even by his standards that's cheeky after Sanchez and Matic.

He must be stopped.
You want to block the path of our supposed many talented young players by signing 24 year olds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
If that is true about their ages then he’s a complete @#%&!.

It’s almost certainly true.
He’s already bought two. None of which were close to 28.

Quote:

Willian or Perisic

Aldeweirald or ?

Malcom was supposedly one. Sandro is 27. Board being a little hypocritical given Woodward would cream his pants if he could sign bale.

United have Young players with potential. They have enough players 20-25 year olds who need to develop. What united lack is top class 26-30 year old reliable players who can lead the team.

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Ethers

Quote:

No way does he want both Perisic and Willian, it’ll be one or the other IMO.

Edit- sorry, what I mean is he’ll have targeted both of them but one will be 1st choice and the other 2nd choice. We won’t be looking to sign both of them IMO.
I’ve no idea tbh.

Perisic plays on the left and Willian on the right though? Maybe he’s completely frustrated with all our wide options and wants a compete overhaul

Unread 25-07-2018, 10:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’ve no idea tbh.

Perisic plays on the left and Willian on the right though? Maybe he’s completely frustrated with all our wide options and wants a compete overhaul
Wasn’t it reported not that long ago that he sees Perisic as an option for the right? I can’t see us signing a left winger after so much has been invested in Sanchez tbh?

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Wasn’t it reported not that long ago that he sees Perisic as an option for the right? I can’t see us signing a left winger after so much has been invested in Sanchez tbh?
I could be wrong but felt like most of Sanchez’s best performances came when he was involved in the middle more rather than as a strict winger.

I hadn’t read that about Perisic though, fair enough

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:22 PM
carrick_16

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

You can't excuse wanting five 29+ lads at once surely? We'd be the oldest team in the league by a mile with Sanchez, Matic, Valencia.

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

You can't excuse wanting five 29+ lads at once surely? We'd be the oldest team in the league by a mile with Sanchez, Matic, Valencia.
Oh god no, anything but that.

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh god no, anything but that.
Yes United's fresh energetic side from last season needs another five thirty year olds to give it some spark, eh pal?

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Big Norm

Quote:

According to twitter, Valencia is out for 6 weeks with a calf problem.

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Fosu Mensah, Dalot or Darmian can fill in

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yes United's fresh energetic side from last season needs another five thirty year olds to give it some spark, eh pal?
Ironic given that one of our only few successful signings in the last 4 years was Zlatan.

I don't care how old they are, would be nice if some of them would show something resembling top quality on a regular basis.

Unread 26-07-2018, 12:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Wouldn't mind seeing Mensah get a game tbh.
Closed Thread