United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunno who he's speaking to, on the ground here in Manchester, in the Stadium, I've not found a single person who wants him to stay, believes in him or is enjoying the football and thinks he'll get it right
Saffers on speed dial.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
No , no he wasn't. He was on a stroll last year too. Played him central , played him on the left. Even mates like Lukaku have been having a go at him. He is self indulgent and a child. He'd be getting a talking to from Keano or Butt even that @#%&! Ince would pull him aside. Jose ain't helping him but Pogba ain't helping Jose either. Bad marriage.
It is, and Jose needs to move out and let someone else sort it.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Question to the Einstein’s who wanted LVG gone but are happy for mourinho to stay etc
I’d want mourinho gone too if he loses the dressing room. I’ll back any manager for the first 3 years barring a disaster or losing the dressing room. After 3 years is when I judge. If we’re winning and the football is shit I’ll want him out. If we’re not quite there yet but the signs are promising, I wouldn’t.

Making those judgement prior to that is impossible without inside knowledge. And can even be a mistake after 3 years, given I wanted Fergie out from 89-91 and lacked the inside knowledge to see why that would have been a mistake.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:22 PM
LFOD

Quote:
It is, and Jose needs to move out and let someone else sort it.
It is , and Pogba needs to move out and let someone else sort our midfield.

Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
The likes of Smalling, Jones, Young, Bogbrush, Valencia, Young, Darmian, Blind, Herrera, etc. are not Manchester United players.

Mourinho however does get the blame for not getting rid of those shitc***s and replacing them in his second summer transfer window. He's basically shot himself in the foot in that regard.
This is the thing with the lack of inside knowledge. He may have busted a gut to get rid of those players. Contracts can make it difficult, especially if they are inflated contracts above the level of the player. The players can refuse. Woodward can refuse to take the financial hit. Then there’s the cost of replacing them in addition to all the other signings.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
It is , and Pogba needs to move out and let someone else sort our midfield.
Nope. He needs someone in there to help him though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
This is the thing with the lack of inside knowledge. He may have busted a gut to get rid of those players. Contracts can make it difficult, especially if they are inflated contracts above the level of the player. The players can refuse. Woodward can refuse to take the financial hit. Then there’s the cost of replacing them in addition to all the other signings.
So then you don't £#%&!ing extend their contracts.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
6-12 months before full implosion...
I think you reached that stage a while ago.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think you reached that stage a while ago.
Nah mate, I maintain the same even keel.. saying nothing different now to before he was appointed. This was easily predicted if you'd paid attention to him and his career.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
You put Pogba in a team that wants to attack and he'll be awesome. Mourinho kills anything attacking that isn't a battering ram.
Attack is built on the foundation of defence.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
While this is true, defence isn't 9 men behind the ball or a flat back 6. Nor is it ceding possession and territory.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:31 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Some of this is true. But watching us kick it over our midfield tells me alot. Jose's plan B is no better than LVG. I maintain we've not got one great defender at the moment. I can not believe that Smalling and Jones are still here.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Nope. He needs someone in there to help him though..
How many does he need? He’s had matic. Then he’s had a third added, whether Herrera, lingard, fellaini, The Scottish Player or whoever. How many?

Quote:
So then you don't £#%&!ing extend their contracts.
Does it make sense that the man who’s just had a public go at a lot of the players is then handing out contract extensions to the players he’s targeting with those comments? Jesus Dunk. Get a grip.

Quote:
While this is true, defence isn't 9 men behind the ball or a flat back 6. Nor is it ceding possession and territory.
How much of it is the players losing their nerve and how much mourinho?

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
How many does he need? He’s had matic. Then he’s had a third added, whether Herrera, lingard, fellaini, The Scottish Player or whoever. How many?

Does it make sense that the man who’s just had a public go at a lot of the players is then handing out contract extensions to the players he’s targeting with those comments? Jesus Dunk. Get a grip.
2 competent midfielders that can actually move and pass the ball would do.

Me get a grip

I wasn't talking about Mourinho extending their contracts

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

LvG clearly needed to go after that 2nd season
Had lost the players and the fans while the football was mostly turgid however I had far more sympathy for LvG than I do for Jose

How LvG wanted us to play was the right approach unfortunately the execution was all wrong for the most part
He wanted us to pass out from the back, dominate the game and be proactive home or away no matter who we played

Obviously that didn’t materialize but with Jose his approach is completely wrong to begin with never mind the execution on the pitch
He wants us to play like a small team and let the opposition dictate things while we try to nick something on the counter attack or with a long ball
He actually took pride in how he got us to play long balls to Fellaini to beat a young Ajax team who have about 1/10 of our budget

The structure of the club needs to brought kicking and screaming into football world of 2018
Until the club gets its identity back we’ll continue to flounder

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
How much of it is the payers losing their nerve and how much mourinho?
At least 80% Mourinho, as they are setup like that from kick off.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Is he one of the two competent ones in that equation or does he need 2 alongside him?

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Mourinho extending their contracts

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:41 PM
dunk

Quote:

Me get a grip

You said the club couldn't shift them because their wages are too high etc. So I said why extend their contract then. The idea that you sign them up so you can sell them, don't lose them for free because you want their value or can't afford to replace them is flawed at best.

At no point did I suggest Mourinho had extended their contracts.

Get a grip Jammy ffs

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
How much of it is the players losing their nerve and how much mourinho?
How much of the players losing their nerve is down to Mourinho?

He gives them a hell a lot of responsibility and not much power.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
At least 80% Mourinho, as they are setup like that from kick off.
“9 men behind the ball or a flat back 6. Nor is it ceding possession and territory”.

So you’re saying the above has been united’s default setup from kickoff over the past 2 years?

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
‘9 men behind the ball or a flat back 6. Nor is it ceding possession and territory.’

So you’re saying the above has been united’s default setup from kickoff over the past 2 years?
A hell of a lot of the time, yes. Mourinho has even stated he prefers not having the ball and not passing the ball around midfield to minimise the likelihood of mistakes..

Tuesday a case in point; we came out, launched it forward from kick off and that was it for the game. No pressing until they reached our final third, where we were camped, when we 'won' the ball back it was promptly hoofed over midfield. Did the same in Spain, same in every game against a non-relegation threatened side mostly..
Closed Thread