Unread 17-03-2018, 12:21 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Lovely post Billy. Unerringly accurate.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As am I, Sanchez gets worse by the game.

Again though, is this not a pointer towards the real problem?

In his rant he said plenty of Seville’s players would get in his team.. well, N’Zonzi would be a shoe-in, but would replace Matic, who he bought and praised, or Fellaini, who he picked and should never have played to begin with. Ever Banega, who is £#%&!ing miles from being a Mourinho player, a footballer in midfield ffs and Correa on the left, who would’ve replaced Sanchez, who he bought, were the stand outs. The rest were all much of a muchness, but ours were following shitty tactics.
Why didn't he buy a few of these Sevilla players then, instead of breaking the bank for the awkward misfits he's cramming the squad with?

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Why didn't he buy a few of these Sevilla players then, instead of breaking the bank for the awkward misfits he's cramming the squad with?
There’s another question... and if several players from the 5th placed Spanish side, who Leicester knocked our of the CL last season under that Shakespeare bloke whilst having absolutely no European heritage, would walk into his team, there must be an absolute plethroa of other available talent that would improve us and be gettable. But no, we give Blind, Young, Rojo, Mata and Fellaini new contracts..

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
There’s another question... and if several players from the 5th placed Spanish side, who Leicester knocked our of the CL last season under that Shakespeare bloke whilst having absolutely no European heritage, would walk into his team, there must be an absolute plethroa of other available talent that would improve us and be gettable. But no, we give Blind, Young, Rojo, Mata and Fellaini new contracts..
I wasn't impressed by one single Sevilla player.

They are and were entirely average. The credit they deserve it taking up is on our offer to knock us out.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

They are and were entirely average. The credit they deserve it taking up is on our offer to knock us out.
We made it easy for the 3 I mentioned by putting no midfield up against 2 of them and Valencia against the 3rd

Just about all of his rant is %@#$&!s tbh. Complains about fans having high expectations, cites recent past record as a reason we shouldn’t, then says we should

The only thing he was right about was the players growing up, taking responsibility etc.

As it stands, according to his rant, City sign anyone this summer and Mourinho can’t be held accountable for not challenging next year :£#%&!er: making excuses for failure £#%&!ing early.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
We made it easy for the 3 I mentioned by putting no midfield up against 2 of them and Valencia against the 3rd

Just about all of his rant is balls tbh. Complains about fans having high expectations, cites recent past record as a reason we shouldn’t, then says we should

The only thing he was right about was the players growing up, taking responsibility etc.

As it stands, according to his rant, City sign anyone this summer and Mourinho can’t be held accountable for not challenging next year :w****r: making excuses for failure f***ing early.
If we're trying to take positives from his many many many many many words, it was him sticking to his guns in terms of saying he won't quit and talking about taking responsibility.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Banega was pretty good. He's well into his thirties now, I'm not suggesting we buy him, but someone who plays like that wouldn't go astray.

But it's not like they're so poor that we only had to turn up to beat them. We didn't have to do anything we could to lose though.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Banega was pretty good. He's well into his thirties now, I'm not suggesting we buy him, but someone who plays like that wouldn't go astray.

But it's not like they're so poor that we only had to turn up to beat them. We didn't have to do anything we could to lose though.
I didn't think it was far off that tbf .

We opened them up at will at 2-0, even as a panicking mess. Their decision making in the final third was as woeful as ours. We just gave them one too many openings.

They were also in terrible form.

As this stage of the competition, we couldn't have asked for a much more comfortable tie.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:21 PM
LFOD

Quote:
What players does he need?

A new £40m centre back like Lindelof?

A new midfield star like Pogba?

Perhaps someone more experienced to allow Pogba some freedom, like Matic?

How about one of the premier league's best attacking midfielders like Sanchez?

Two of them didn't even play on Tuesday.

Fellaini did though.

He started slap bang in the middle of the pitch, as part of a team that showed no attacking nous or defensive backbone and had no idea how to play, so just threw big long balls in to his stupid chest..

It seems we're always three or four away. Does he need to change literally the entire squad? Is it too much to ask that he gets a tune out of some the existing players.

Apparently not. Apparently only two of them have done well. Two of his signings ofcourse (and they haven't. He isn't even right about that)

No signings are going to fundamentally change who he is and how he chooses to play the game.

Our best hope is that we simply become better at what we do now.

But don't worry, he will make sure he is completely blameless if it goes wrong.
It was so bad I forgot I was watching it. Started doing an expense report. It's getting like LVG the second season when no matter who we brought in the football was shit. Too many non United players at the club and no direction from any of Fergie's successors.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
It was so bad I forgot I was watching it. Started doing an expense report. It's getting like LVG the second season when no matter who we brought in the football was shit. Too many non United players at the club and no direction from any of Fergie's successors.
Ofcourse.

This is why I don't blame the players. You know when you see a good side where everyone knows their job and they're all on the same page? You can take one or two out and it doesn't affect how the team play.

I hate to make the comparison, but look at Liverpool. You know exactly what they're going to do. So do they. All their players are suited to that. Is it flawless? No. A well drilled side, like we were last week, can expose it's weaknesses. They are short in individual areas (Lovren, that young right back etc) but the proof is that they sold their supposedly best player in January and it hasn't made a bit of difference because they just keep playing the same way.

We're the opposite. Buy someone of the quality of Sanchez and we still look as clueless.... because we are.

No side has a perfect squad composition. Every team buys and sells players every summer with a view to improve, but good teams have a way of doing things, then they look at their squad and where the weak links are in that.

Where do we need to improve? Which individuals in which areas will help us realise where we want to be?

There is no plan! We don't play a certain way, but with a few flaws. We have a load of players. Some good, some very good and some shit.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:33 PM
dunk

Can anybody point to something the team do well? An aspect of our play that has emerged over the course of the last 18 months that we can acknowledge as something to build on?

I'm not talking individual players, something about the team as a whole..

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:34 PM
LFOD

Quote:
There is no plan! We don't play a certain way, but with a few flaws. We have a load of players. Some good, some very good and some shit.
This is why I wanted LVG £#%&!ed off and it's the same with Jose. "We have a strong attack therefore I want another forward". Like showing everyone "look at what I did". Put you #@&%! back in your pants get the team playing like a team or £#%&! off.

Quote:
Can anybody point to something the team do well? An aspect of our play that has emerged over the course of the last 18 months that we can acknowledge as something to build on?

Keeper - has very few quite games. Those who think we defend well forget Dave saving us all the £#%&!ing time.
Went from boring no shot LVG to this guy picking a side for a league cup match not a KO CL match.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Instagram?

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Instagram?
Social media Champions

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:06 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Social media Champions
Hands on the trophy! Get in! Dab the night away!

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:08 PM
dunk

I've asked that question on a few different occasions this season, still not had anything like an answer Says it all for me..

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Little areas, but not much.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I've asked that question on a few different occasions this season, still not had anything like an answer Says it all for me..
Well it was the defence for a bit. Then that fell to £#%&!ing bits too so Smalling was a @#%&! or something.

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Little areas, but not much.
Such as? I genuinely can't think of or see any. None of the hallmarks of a Mourinho side. We're not particularly fit or strong, we don't work hard, aren't really well drilled in terms of shape and organisation, not dangerous from set-pieces nor do we defend well at set-pieces..

Unread 17-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Pop

Quote:

They keep De Gea on his toes, nqat.
Closed Thread