United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2018, 04:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
If Pochettino is deemed ready enough for Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, he's ready for Utd.

Mourinho is trying to make us underdogs. Engaging seize mentality and portraying yourself as plucky inferiors are two massively different things. We don't want to be underdogs. The process is just as important as the outcome, maybe more. In other words the level of performances throughout an 10 month season, the style and courage resonates more than whether we lift a pot in May.

He can't play the underdog card either because teams with a fraction of the spend are a) playing better football and b) competing with us. Second doesn't mean glory but if we blow it now then he has nothing left to hold on to.
So he can’t win then?

Like the crew who say “we don’t care about trophies, we want entertaining” forget the Fat Ron, Terry Gibson days and no titles (if indeed, they “supported” United then) are the same people now “it’s alright winning trophies and finishing second but we want entertainment”.

Hope you kept your receipts for a refund. Maybe try consumer affairs.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:01 AM
ScarFace

This will happen in the summer....

Jose will say he only needs 4 players.

Woody will £#%&! up at least two of them due to not wanting to spend.

We'll sign another £#%&!ing winger, a 30mil defender and somebody to replace Fellaini.

Same old shit.
Hopefully, Jose tells PSG he's changed his mind and will join.

I'd rather win nothing while trying, than be a safety first, 2nd place bitch team.

Unread 17-03-2018, 07:24 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
on this issue i don’t agree.

we won’t find a better manager or winner to replace him.
i think most of the fault lies with the players IMO.
Marls has spoken.

Shush the rest of you.

Unread 17-03-2018, 07:52 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Marls has spoken.

Shush the rest of you.
but the forum have voted that they want him out at the end of the season mate.

the £#%&!ing silly #@&%!s

Unread 17-03-2018, 09:03 AM
My Name is Keith

Want him gone now pal. Re-structure and get a positive manager in who understands the history of this club. We didn’t get a worldwide fan base playing like we do under this £#%&!ing fun hoover. Put it this way, saffers would never have heard of MUFC if we’d have had a version of the current mou in charge. Get behind or £#%&! off - I almost certainly will as will others- why would anyone pay good money to watch shit like Tuesday night? His fault and completely on him.

Unread 17-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mount Inhospitable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
tell us more about the sating of r the scorpion please, pal.

Trophies not required.

Unread 17-03-2018, 09:17 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
but the forum have voted that they want him out at the end of the season mate.

the £#%&!ing silly #@&%!s
Not necessarily the end of the season.

Why wait, unless Woody has a stake in the Lowry hotel

Unread 17-03-2018, 09:49 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i'll try not to be, pal...
You cant help it tbh.

Always banging in about epistemology and the noumenal when he’s steaming that lad.

Anyway, and given the state of the ‘football’ and mount inhospitable’s sneering attitude I am, nunnderstanbly, hereby condemdiningn him to the sack.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Op delivers.

Send the miserable has been back to london.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:13 AM
andyroo

Mount Inhospitable

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:30 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Op delivers.

Send the miserable has been to Norway.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
You cant help it tbh.

Always banging in about epistemology and the noumenal when he’s steaming that lad.

Anyway, and given the state of the ‘football’ and mount inhospitable’s sneering attitude I am, nunnderstanbly, hereby condemdiningn him to the sack.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Shade

Can't wait till Mourinho is gotten rid of, replaced with Pochettino and United play the same shitc*** football from the same set of shitc*** players.

He won't turn Smalling, Jones and Rojo into Rio, Vidic and Evra and he won't turn Valencia, Young, Herrera, Bogbrush and Blind into Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Vieira and Keane.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Arnold Muhren

Finally seen the "grow up" bit from yesterday. He's spot on in that regard imo but whether they do or they don't, too many of them are still going to be "shit on a stick" footballers at best.
Mount Inhospitable

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Can't wait till Mourinho is gotten rid of, replaced with Pochettino and United play the same shitc*** football from the same set of shitc*** players.

He won't turn Smalling, Jones and Rojo into Rio, Vidic and Evra and he won't turn Valencia, Young, Herrera, Bogbrush and Blind into Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Vieira and Keane.
Well he's turned Pogba into Cleverley and Sánchez into Mkhitaryan.

And Lukaku into Lukaku.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:05 PM
dunk

Mkhitsryan is doing alright at Arsenal tbf. Couple of goals, few assists.. not 100% rehabilitated yet, but shaking off the Mourinho influence game by game..

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mkhitsryan is doing alright at Arsenal tbf. Couple of goals, few assists.. not 100% rehabilitated yet, but shaking off the Mourinho influence game by game..
I'm more arsed about the other way round tbh

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Clarkie

Give it 14 months before Pochettino is getting hounded out for not winning things.

Entertaining, been beaten bravely though.... "Plucky heroic loss"*

*Not that I'm excusing some of the crap we've seen this season btw

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I'm more arsed about the other way round tbh
As am I, Sanchez gets worse by the game.

Again though, is this not a pointer towards the real problem?

In his rant he said plenty of Seville’s players would get in his team.. well, N’Zonzi would be a shoe-in, but would replace Matic, who he bought and praised, or Fellaini, who he picked and should never have played to begin with. Ever Banega, who is £#%&!ing miles from being a Mourinho player, a footballer in midfield ffs and Correa on the left, who would’ve replaced Sanchez, who he bought, were the stand outs. The rest were all much of a muchness, but ours were following shitty tactics.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Billy Redface

What players does he need?

A new £40m centre back like Lindelof?

A new midfield star like Pogba?

Perhaps someone more experienced to allow Pogba some freedom, like Matic?

How about one of the premier league's best attacking midfielders like Sanchez?

Two of them didn't even play on Tuesday.

Fellaini did though.

He started slap bang in the middle of the pitch, as part of a team that showed no attacking nous or defensive backbone and had no idea how to play, so just threw big long balls in to his stupid chest..

It seems we're always three or four away. Does he need to change literally the entire squad? Is it too much to ask that he gets a tune out of some the existing players.

Apparently not. Apparently only two of them have done well. Two of his signings ofcourse (and they haven't. He isn't even right about that)

No signings are going to fundamentally change who he is and how he chooses to play the game.

Our best hope is that we simply become better at what we do now.

But don't worry, he will make sure he is completely blameless if it goes wrong.
Closed Thread