United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Lodestar

Can't be bothered watching it. I don't care what a manager says , just what happens on the pitch. I'll judge him on that and see what happens for the rest of the season.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Pop

£#%&!ing state of that press conference. Looking at him on Sky. Ranting, shouting, screeching, pointing, bulging eyes, etc.

£#%&!ing lunatic is losing it.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
He is defending his club and even taking the flack for some of the shitc***s who let us down midweek(and have been letting us down for many many years now).

Read this from ozil's book

You love to laud pep but 12 months ago he was the one who ended up finishing way behind 1st place, zero trophies and was having meltdowns on the regular. Actual meltdowns btw, not just defending his players like Mou is doing.

Conte won the title with 93 pts, then mou drove him so mad he wont even finish in a cl place etc.....

Premier league isnt set up to dominate due to horrendous decisions regularly by the big teams. Thats why leicester won, thats why chelsea collapsed this season and in mous season.

Remains to be seen if city end up shooting themselves in the foot. IMO they are not as good as their points total suggests and next season will be totally different.
Sorry pal but I called his head being gone while he was winning that title with Chelsea. Lasted a couple months of the next season. Deffo signs of the same creeping in atm. Bringing City and indirectly Pep into yesterday’s presser a very worrying sign.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sorry pal but I called his head being gone while he was winning that title with Chelsea. Lasted a couple months of the next season. Deffo signs of the same creeping in atm. Bringing City and indirectly Pep into yesterday’s presser a very worrying sign.
Only thing I'll say about yesterday is that, he knows the story.

Keane and a few others said it after the match. He won't come out and say it but, he knows.
He's a lot of things but, he's not stupid tbf

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Keane and a few others said it after the match. He won't come out and say it but, he knows.
He’s in full on deflect, deflect, deflect mode.

Can’t ever remember him chucking his entire squad under the bus like that though..

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Can’t ever remember him chucking his entire squad under the bus like that though..
Huh?

From what I saw yesterday, he made the presser all about him.

Not sure where you got the throwing the entire squad under the bus from

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Huh?

He said only two players had performed well from day one: Lukaku and Matic.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Buck

Quote:

What does this even mean?

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Huh?

Miss the bit about only 2 players performing to a high level all season? Matic and Lukaku? Then says he can’t tell you whose been poor. Basically implying they all have..

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:59 PM
75Red

Quote:
Huh?

2nd half of the press conference that isn't released until 10.30pm day of.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
And what does it matter if he's not willing to change It?

I'm sure Alan Pardew knows West Brom are going to be relegated too.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:02 PM
dunk

Is he not almost admitting he can’t inspire them to play for him? That he can’t get the players up for important games with all this as well? The on me thing that used to be his greatest strength..

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:15 PM
LFOD

Moyes was shocked and over his head. LVG had no idea what he was doing. Jose is just being a @#%&! and playing boring football (not as bad as LVG).

None of the above picked a team - they'd pick 11 players each match but they never developed a team.

Thought Jose would have cleaned house more from all the shit in the squad but didn't he just doesn't play some of them. Really big downside is that he still plays some of them.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
It means Clarkie isn't ready to accept reality, so is instead doubling down on Mourinho being a genius/prophet/healer of the sick/all knowing/ the light, and we're blessed to have him rescue poor little United.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
LvG felt like a building block type of guy. Prioritising youth and putting a system of play in place that could be built on positively. We binned him because it wasn’t happening quick enough, the fear of City getting Pep and Mou being available with no forethought.
We binned him because he lost the dressing room, and most of the boardroom, by the end of his first season. IMO mourinho worked his ticket at Chelsea because he knew where things were heading for van gaal.

Quote:
Was still better to watch when it worked than Mou’s ideal tbh.
Yeah, those 3 games were great. Fellaini at the centre of it too.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We binned him because he lost the dressing room, and most of the boardroom, by the end of his first season. IMO mourinho worked his ticket at Chelsea because he knew where things were heading for van gaal.

Yeah, those 3 games were great. Fellaini at the centre of it too.
Turn it in Jammy. Your bullshit has no place here.

Unread 17-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
If he actually could pick a team and have us playing slightly more attacking then his rant today is spot on.
He’s basically having a go at the problem he’s faced since he got here and has been unable to change so far. An egotistical dressing room full of players who aren’t as good as they think and are mentally weak in numerous ways.

Sounds like he thinks he’s in last chance saloon. He hasn’t been able to sort it and he’s gone for the nuclear option as he knows there’s moves in the boardroom. Or he wants out himself because of the various politics within the club. Sure poch will sort it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I'm not denying that Sevilla are a good side but we didn't even bother to attack over there. He decided to look at parking the bus in Spain before the match even started. That made it more difficult at home.

It's negativity all the time with Jose. That's why we're out of Europe. We should have gone to Spain looking for the win or the very least an away goal. Surely you've got to admit that?
Or his players bottled it because they couldn’t handle the expectation. We have no way of knowing.

Quote:

It’s not the entire squad. It’s anyone who identifies with the critiscism. For example, I don’t think rashford will identify as being one of those players. Pogba will.

If mourinho isn’t working his ticket by kicking off a dressing room revolt (assuming this wasn’t in response to such a revolt in the first place), then he must think he’ll have some key characters onside when he says such a thing publicly.

Quote:
Turn it in Jammy. Your bullshit has no place here.
Your bullshit needs some balance.

Unread 17-03-2018, 03:21 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He said only two players had performed well from day one: Lukaku and Matic.
No, he mentioned all the players with the right mentality who were already instilled at city when pep arrived and suggested hes building heritage leaving the next manager matic and lakaku. Didn’t mention performance it’s more attitude. Hes not planning on staying long if matic will still be here when he goes.

Unread 17-03-2018, 03:31 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
No, he mentioned all the players with the right mentality who were already instilled at city when pep arrived and suggested hes building heritage leaving the next manager matic and lakaku. Didn’t mention performance it’s more attitude. Hes not planning on staying long if matic will still be here when he goes.
He mentioned performance in the second half of the press conference.

“You cannot expect me to say, ‘This and that player, they have to do better’. I prefer to say that Matic and Lukaku are performing at a high level since day one until the last match. I cannot tell you the ones that are not performing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...cord-man-utds/

Unread 17-03-2018, 03:41 PM
MJ Ramone

He's full of shit.

If he thinks Matic & Lukaku have been great since day one to now he must have been watching another team between October & about 10 days ago.
(which might explain the results)

He can piss & whine all he £#%&!ing likes and we can look back fondly on when he "got inside" Peps head (yeah, fascinating) ..but none of that explains why he's happy after games where we have 30% possession of the ball & 2 £#%&!ing shots on goal (even when we win the match ffs) or why he picked that freak Fellaini for the biggest game of the season.

tbh I'm sick of talking about him. He gets on my £#%&!ing nerves.
Closed Thread