United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
exactly. He is a £#%&!ing imbecile; draggers' mate or not...
Seems to be the common theme amongst our defence. Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Bailly as well...all panicky clumsy bastards.

Unread 27-07-2018, 04:43 PM
flixton

Rojo to Wolves was a 100% made up story.

Unread 27-07-2018, 05:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Don't mind him. Obviously limited but tries hard. Thought he was decent backup and was very good in Mourinho's first season.
Yes, far from our worst in recent years.

Unread 27-07-2018, 10:55 PM
Buck

Quote:
Wolverhampton Wanderers are closing in on a deal to sign Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo for £25 million as Jose Mourinho clears the decks in anticipation of a huge bid for Leicester City’s Harry Maguire.

But Leicester are prepared to make Maguire the second highest paid player at the club behind striker Jamie Vardy after warning United the England centre-back is not for sale.

Mourinho has been told he needs to offload one of United’s existing five central defenders to make way for Maguire or another centre-half recruit and Rojo is the one likely to make way.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...uge-bid-harry/

Unread 27-07-2018, 11:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Seems to be the common theme amongst our defence. Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Bailly as well...all panicky clumsy bastards.
In fairness if you can’t panic with Mbappe running at you with twenty-five yards of space in behind you never can. He did the right thing to foul him just didn’t quite manage to do it outside the area.

Not sure what the composed way to deal with that would have been.

Unread 28-07-2018, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
In fairness if you can’t panic with Mbappe running at you with twenty-five yards of space in behind you never can. He did the right thing to foul him just didn’t quite manage to do it outside the area.

That's phenomenal excuse making. Even Draggers would have struggled to defend that abysmal piece of defending but fair dos, you have.

Well done.

Unread 28-07-2018, 12:10 AM
dunk

£25m would be a hell of a result. He’s utter £#%&!ing toss.

Unread 28-07-2018, 12:13 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£25m would be a hell of a result. He’s utter £#%&!ing toss.
He’s worse than toss, the £#%&!ing useless inbred @#%&!.

Unread 28-07-2018, 12:15 AM
TheFatGoth

Wasn't the best, but I liked him.

£25m would be decent I suppose.

Thanks for the memories etc.

Unread 28-07-2018, 12:16 AM
Sparky***

£25m would be astounding considering it's 10 more than we paid for him, which is why it's not going to £#%&!ing happen.

Unread 28-07-2018, 12:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
That's phenomenal excuse making. Even Draggers would have struggled to defend that abysmal piece of defending but fair dos, you have.

Well done.

Unread 28-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

It's what any decent defender would have attempted with Mbappe, scandalous of the ref to give a pen instead of bringing it back for the initial foul.

Something a bit suss about his contract renewal, came out of the blue as he was returning from injury. Wouldn't put it past Mendes/Woodward to agree a bump knowing he was off.

Unread 28-07-2018, 01:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Well done.
What should he have done? What would have been composed? Calmly ask Mbappe to stop running?

Ramos, Chiellini, Kompany - they all would have checked him. Ridiculous criticism. The team left him exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It's what any decent defender would have attempted with Mbappe, scandalous of the ref to give a pen instead of bringing it back for the initial foul.

Something a bit suss about his contract renewal, came out of the blue as he was returning from injury. Wouldn't put it past Mendes/Woodward to agree a bump knowing he was off.
I guess if he'd given it outside the area he'd have had to send Rojo off, which is why it's such a desperate situation. Rojo could have let him go through, but a guy like him isn't going to do that, and no doubt that would have attracted as much criticism.

Fact is the real mistake has already been made by the team to leave him that exposed in the middle of the field.

Unread 28-07-2018, 02:19 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

I guess if he'd given it outside the area he'd have had to send Rojo off, which is why it's such a desperate situation
. Rojo could have let him go through, but a guy like him isn't going to do that, and no doubt that would have attracted as much criticism.

Fact is the real mistake has already been made by the team to leave him that exposed in the middle of the field.
There was at least one man covering so he wasn’t last man. I have no idea what the letter of the law says but every time there’s a similar incident the ref pulls it back to the first foul. Regardless it’s what every other defender worth his salt would have done, can knock him for plenty of things but getting rinsed by Mbappe isn’t one of them.

Unread 28-07-2018, 02:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Well done.
ffs

Rojo is £#%&!ing shite. Siders is my boy but dare i say it, he has a bit of a blind spot when it comes to our south american friends...

Unread 28-07-2018, 02:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
There was at least one man covering so he wasn’t last man. I have no idea what the letter of the law says but every time there’s a similar incident the ref pulls it back to the first foul. Regardless it’s what every other defender worth his salt would have done, can knock him for plenty of things but getting rinsed by Mbappe isn’t one of them.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
ffs

Rojo is £#%&!ing shite. Siders is my boy but dare i say it, he has a bit of a blind spot when it comes to our south american friends...
Me dismissing Falcao as a plastic worldy before he arrived is one of my stronger pieces of sagery pal

Unread 28-07-2018, 02:39 AM
Alex Jones was Right

I just can’t see wolves being able to afford his wages, nor rojo being interested.

Unread 28-07-2018, 07:54 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Mendes isn’t his agent pal. But it suits both parties signing a new deal doesn’t it. Protects United in regards to a fee and the player gets more dollar.

Unread 28-07-2018, 08:00 AM
DuanePipe

He's not signing for Wolves though, right?

Please be right. I need this to be right.

I don't really care either way about the player, but I've got some ITK forum cred on the line on this one. If Rojo ends up in the W. Mids, I will have to move to Mexico for a bit while it all dies down.

Unread 28-07-2018, 08:53 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
He's not signing for Wolves though, right?

Please be right. I need this to be right.

I don't really care either way about the player, but I've got some ITK forum cred on the line on this one. If Rojo ends up in the W. Mids, I will have to move to Mexico for a bit while it all dies down.
Wouldn’t stress, unheard of for anyone on this forum to make stuff up or indeed be ridiculously wrong.
Closed Thread