Get Rid NOW 30 20.27%
Give him to the end of the season 52 35.14%
I still believe in him, give him next season 57 38.51%
Other 9 6.08%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Billy Redface

If we actually had a plan, id say get rid.

But he is the plan. He's what we committed to. We can't keep changing managers every two years.

I just have no desire to see where this side goes. I can only see us being a slightly better version of what we are now.

I think MJ said it elsewhere, but he seems to deliberately play down the size of the club. He MUST stop slagging the fans off. Stop rising to every comment from every f***ing pundit. He seemingly treats us with contempt.

I think Poch is the one. Yes, he's not won anything, but he's developed sides in a way id like to see us do. I like his temperament and demeanour too.

If he isn't available then I don't want us to change for the sake of it with an Ancellotti type.

Basically, we're f***ed.

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:27 PM
utd99

That’s where Moyes got it badly wrong. He should have been the one after the one after the one after Moyes.

Moyes in.

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:38 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
but 100% give him next season and see how things are in a year/18 months.
but we all know with 100% certainty that he won't change his style..and we also know that Fellaini is in his plans for next season.
How can there possibly be any improvement given that's the case?

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:01 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
we're on course for a second place finish and have every chance of winning the fa cup. really that would be enough for the owners to keep him. van gaal achieved less in his first season.

however, next season the target has to be the title and at the very least the champions league quarters. no more of this low expectations balls. time for our so called proven winner of a manager to show us what he can do when the stakes are high.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
but we all know with 100% certainty that he won't change his style..and we also know that Fellaini is in his plans for next season.
How can there possibly be any improvement given that's the case?
Staying together for the sake of the kids

Chance of an FA CUP and one of the most embarrassing 2nd place finishes ever...

That’s if we don’t go out Saturday and continue to slip up in the league...

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Staying together for the sake of the kids

Chance of an FA CUP and one of the most embarrassing 2nd place finishes ever...

That’s if we don’t go out Saturday and continue to slip up in the league...
Tbf, if it's an embarrassing 2nd place for us, it's an embarrassing 2nd place for anyone else who gets it really.
I know we spent money etc but, is what it is.

We're not winning the FA cup btw

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Tbf, if it's an embarrassing 2nd place for us, it's an embarrassing 2nd place for anyone else who gets it really.
I know we spent money etc but, is what it is.

We're not winning the FA cup btw
chin up, mate. if we can just stop them from scoring for 90 minutes one of our 3 shots might go in. it'll be tough though. we'll have to do a lot of passes out for throw-ins.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
chin up, mate. if we can just stop them from scoring for 90 minutes one of our 3 shots might go in. it'll be tough though. we'll have to do a lot of passes out for throw-ins.
The underdog mentality

The United way

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:48 PM
armchair

the second spell at chelsea broke him. I wish we had got him earlier but now he's just a broken caricature of his old self.

getting tattoos at his age

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:53 PM
irk

£#%&! him off immediately.

Besides the fact he’s a boring anti football narcissist who has never knowingly produced any attractive football lest it over shadow the jose show, he’s now half arsed with it.

He hasnt even committed to moving to live here. And then he confirms how spectacularly unarsed he is about the job, the club, and the supporters by shitting all over it while shrugging his shoulders as if a worse shithousing display than even moyes managed, and which sent us meekly out of europe was nothing to do with him and no biggie.

He’s never going to change. Who wants one more season of this shite?

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:53 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Irk

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:54 PM
irk

At least we might get some new manager bounce and avoid the inevtiable absolute chasing at city.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Red Al

Managers like players or even pop groups,actors etc.all have their day/golden years.

Jose had his 03-12ish

Fergie was the only one who seemed to buck this trend and even he was past his best when he retired(but still bagged that last title)

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
At least we might get some new manager bounce and avoid the inevtiable absolute chasing at city.
Nah, it'll just give the likes of Smalling, Fellaini, Young, Valencia, etc, etc more time at the club while the new manager 'assesses' the squad

If all those players (and the other shit @#%&!s) are still regular first team players come next August then Mou can £#%&! off.

Unread 14-03-2018, 11:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
£#%&! him off immediately.

Besides the fact he’s a boring anti football narcissist who has never knowingly produced any attractive football lest it over shadow the jose show, he’s now half arsed with it.

He hasnt even committed to moving to live here. And then he confirms how spectacularly unarsed he is about the job, the club, and the supporters by shitting all over it while shrugging his shoulders as if a worse shithousing display than even moyes managed, and which sent us meekly out of europe was nothing to do with him and no biggie.

He’s never going to change. Who wants one more season of this shite?
I would have sacked him during the interview in front of the cameras.

Unread 14-03-2018, 11:37 PM
Buck

I voted to give him until the end of the season. But my thoughts are as followed....

I've never liked him. What some call charm I always thought of as tedious insecurity. He was never charming or 'box office' to me. The way he carried on was his team's successes were all down to him and his team's struggles are entirely the players.

Mourinho drones on and on playing the self-preservation game - the Italian and particularly the Spanish press sussed it but the English love it. As I say, I never bought it during the two terms at Chelsea, and certainly not here. At Utd he's been an absolutely energy sapping bore to listen to. The guy lacks wit and spontaneity. They say a team reflects their manager.....

To move onto the style of play. It's dull. He complains about the Old Trafford crowed which admittedly is not great (none of the big clubs are). But performances can lift the crowd. Positivity, intent. Yesterday there was nothing. A lot of games are a grind to witness but the quality of individuals find a way through. There's not much in way of clear identity or shape to watch progress as the season goes on. Unless you say this team peaked in September

That's why I really want Pochettino to take the hot seat one day. He has one similarity to Jose in that his teams can be snide and dirty when needed. I've never said that about a Tottenham team in my lifetime before. But he has the approach to football matches which I like and which I think is the way a Utd manager should do. Attacking football, dynamism, young players and courage to go toe-to-toe with the best. Tottenham scored three goals past Juventus. We only managed four shots on target against Sevilla. Both of us went out but I know which one was better to take.

And when I say attacking football, I don't mean aimlessly throw men forward - but there's a clear emphasis on quick passing and movement. You notice the patterns of the play and can have an idea of what to expect. 18 months in with Mourinho and I still don't know what to expect. There is real attacking talent that does not blend well together.

We bought last season's second top scorer, already had two of the best young forwards, experience in Mata, his own signing Mkhitaryan, Pogba pulling the strings. Then we swapped Mkhitaryan for Sanchez. A significant upgrade. But the performances are more or less the same. An attack of individuals.

We supposedly bought Matic to "free Pogba" but at this moment even resurrecting Martin Luther King won't free that bastard.

This team isn't even strong defensively - only three goalkeepers in the league have made more saves than De Gea this season. They play for Swansea, Stoke and Everton. That's despite playing a cautious brand of football. So we're inhibited in attack and heavily reliant on our keeper at the back - what is Mourinho and his coaches getting paid for then?

Unread 14-03-2018, 11:55 PM
goldfinger II

I'd be inclined to give him another season, just about. If he were to start having any funny ideas about selling Martial or something, then I might change my mind.

For me, his saving grace is his ability to get big players to sign for us even when there is competition. That's where Van Gaal failed, IMO, and we still need a few more. If he manages to do that, then even if he continues to fail, the next manager will have a better chance of doing well.

I am worried, though. I don't believe it is possible to build a good side if you have no intention of playing through your midfield. Our first attacking idea is a long ball up the pitch. How much progress is possible with that style of football? It's fundamentally £#%&!ed.

On a lesser note, I think he plays far too many players in the wrong positions. We have no-one in the squad that can play right wing better than Sanchez. Martial has played left-wing better than anyone since the Fergie days. Mata is the best we have for the position behind the striker but almost never plays there despite the fact he can't play anywhere else anyway.

Unread 15-03-2018, 12:27 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
We supposedly bought Matic to "free Pogba" but at this moment even resurrecting Martin Luther King won't free that bastard.

Unread 15-03-2018, 01:24 AM
MagnificentSeven

people talk about pochettino but would we really progress under him? i like him, he's done good stuff at spurs and they play football with flair, but he hasn't won a trophy and i wonder if united would be above his weight. spurs are now a regular top four side thanks to him but then we're on course to finish in the top four ourselves this season. champions league football shouldn't even be a bare minimum for a club like united. it should be a guarantee and not an ambition. obviously i'd love it if he came here and proved me wrong, but there are better options. no disrespect intended for him.

i said yesterday that jardim would be ideal for us. plays attacking football, turns youngsters into world class superstars (just think how rashford, martial and maybe even lingard would be under him), has already won titles and gone far in the champions league. and he's relevant in 2018.

Unread 15-03-2018, 05:47 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

What a selection..
Quote:
AK14, BarryX, Cream, Drexl, fatneckredyed, flixton, kungfu cantona, MagnificentSeven, n48, oohahhpaulmcgrath, originalhogg, Ortolan, RARAMSES, Rorschach, rustling jimmies, ScarFace, silv, Switching Off, utd99, Venceremos, waynes ear's, Withers
Half of them are double accounts.
Closed Thread