United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2016, 12:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

United are such a state at the moment I think we badly miss Valencia and Rojo.
That sounds to me like the barrel being scraped.

Unread 15-01-2016, 01:25 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
A whole 2 examples?
Do you want me to go through youtube and find every excellent performance at St James Park in United's history?

If so, £#%&! off.

Unread 15-01-2016, 01:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Siders, any reason why LVG was not in for Wijnaldum? He looks a very good player, perhaps not switched on defensively but can play off either wing, behind the striker, midfield for Holland at the WC. Good pace, energy and an eye for goal, would be a very useful player to have in the squad.
He was good for him at the World Cup too. Did quite an understated role, keeping things ticking over in midfield and always showing for the ball. Got a goal in the 3rd place game iirc. Has played all over the attack in his career I believe. Remember seeing him for Holland U21 in more of a wife forward role.

Perhaps felt that Memphis was the must sign player from the eredivisie and didn't want to overload with Dutch players. Big criticism he got during that first spell at Barcelona - including from Cruyff - was that he signed too many Dutch players. Though back then I think he had 7-8

Unread 15-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He was good for him at the World Cup too. Did quite an understated role, keeping things ticking over in midfield and always showing for the ball. Got a goal in the 3rd place game iirc. Has played all over the attack in his career I believe. Remember seeing him for Holland U21 in more of a wife forward role.

Perhaps felt that Memphis was the must sign player from the eredivisie and didn't want to overload with Dutch players. Big criticism he got during that first spell at Barcelona - including from Cruyff - was that he signed too many Dutch players. Though back then I think he had 7-8
I wouldn't mind being overloaded with the Dutch players he had then....

Not quite like the current shower.

Unread 15-01-2016, 01:56 PM
PeakyBlinder

I'd swap Memphis for Wijnaldum in a heartbeat.

Unread 15-01-2016, 01:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
I'd swap Memphis for Wijnaldum in a heartbeat.
Nah

Unread 15-01-2016, 01:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I wouldn't mind being overloaded with the Dutch players he had then....

Not quite like the current shower.
Indeed. De Boer twins, Cocu, Kluivert.

Think he pushed it a bit with Zenden

Was harsh because at the moment he was having problems with Rivaldo and with the press, Cruyff stuck the knife in and said he was betraying Catalonia or something by letting the fairly average batch of la masia players leave to make way for Dutch players. Turned the fans against him I think. So he's used to fighting all comers.

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Was harsh because at the moment he was having problems with Rivaldo and with the press, Cruyff stuck the knife in and said he was betraying Catalonia or something by letting the fairly average batch of la masia players leave to make way for Dutch players. Turned the fans against him I think. So he's used to fighting all comers.
Reiziger did a good stint there. Bogarde less so.

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:02 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:

Difference being those dutch players were actually world class unlike our 'crop'.

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
Difference being those dutch players were actually world class unlike our 'crop'.
Think that's the Dutch in general tbf.

The conveyor belt has stopped. There only top players recently have been RVP and Robben and the end is nigh for both of them. Already here in RVP's case tbf

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Remember seeing him for Holland U21 in more of a wife forward role.

every defender pulling a joneseh face. that's some scary shit right there.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
I really don't recall many people predicting we couldn't sustain it and certainly not that we'd fall apart as we did in December. It was more people very quickly seeing their arses with those three goalless draws in a row. Could really have done with people keeping their heads.

Crazy thing is that if we'd beaten Chelsea and Newcastle, as we should have, we'd still only be five points off the top. Ridiculous league.
Sporting Index points market still had us on 74 points as of game week 14 - the Leicester match - essentially where we'd been forecast since the summer. Put us in third, at that stage, a couple of points behind Arsenal. Same for most of the statistical models. Total collapse since then, starting with the PSV match. Hope all the LVG-outers managed to make some money off this, at least.

Unread 15-01-2016, 08:39 PM
dragflick

Another Facebook link. Not even sorry..

https://www.facebook.com/degeaoffici...2371863511584/

Closed Thread