United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
One signing in the January window if we´re lucky.

You´ll see.
You say that as if it's a secret. Our VC has just briefed the whole press back that we have £150m to spend and here you are tapping your nose as if you have inside info. :shakehead:

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:51 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
You say that as if it's a secret. Our VC has just briefed the whole press back that we have £150m to spend and here you are tapping your nose as if you have inside info. :shakehead:
Inside info´?

No, just common sense

Unread 05-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Inside info´?

No, just common sense
I think we can all join the dots on this particular puzzle.

Unread 05-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
what if some of them clearly aren't good enough?
How will we know unless we give them a chance? From what I've seen so far, McNair, Blackett and Wilson look like they could be decent players.

Not saying they are guaranteed to make it here, but they have shown good potential, and with a coach of Van Gaal's pedigree I think they've got every chance. Januzaj is obviously going to be a world-class superstar, too.

I don't like the idea of us buying loads of players that are in the last few years of their career. Van Persie had a brilliant first season, but has been turd since. I would much rather us buy brilliant youngsters (Shaw, Herrera) whilst developing youth.

Really like the idea of buying Barkley, btw. If he sorts out his injury problems, I think he's going to be a sensation. The fact he's young and English means we'd likely get 10+ years out of him, too.

Unread 05-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Still want Depay tbh
What a talent

Unread 05-12-2014, 05:03 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not sure why you needed to quote my post

I didn't mention Brits either
No, to be fair, you made the even more arbitrary point that we need English players in the squad.

Neither reflects the nature or needs of the squad.

Unread 05-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Sparky***

Absolutely destroyed the reporter with his question about this today.

"This question is disrespectful to my players, I don't like it."

Unread 05-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
No, to be fair, you made the even more arbitrary point that we need English players in the squad.

Neither reflects the nature or needs of the squad.
clearly I think it absolutely does

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Yeah cos he has had a nightmare the last two windows, I mean for £#%&! sake all he has managed to bring in is Mata, Di Maria, Blind, Shaw, Rojo, Falcao, and Herrera! Absolute shower of shit needs to sort himself out!
We ended up buying most of those a lot later than we should have - had to write off our first few games this season, effectively.

He fell down on that, nqat.
Closed Thread