United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjær to leave Manchester United after 14 Years

Good rid. Been a burden on the club since that injury.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Don't think so but it'd be interesting if he did, when he does.
It will probably depend whether or not he cuts all ties or whether he remains involved as Chairman, or some other fabricated, honourary title.

The last edition of his Autobiography will be worth a read though. I imagine there is plenty of shit he has never revealed, and won't whilst still at the club, but may emerge when he is no longer in charge.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
well if he were to start the revolution, and were it to be successful, he'd come back a hero..
It wouldn't be.

Unless a multi-billionaire Arab decides to buy us, the Glazers are going nowhere until we are a rotting shell of a club.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:21 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It wouldn't be.

Unless a multi-billionaire Arab decides to buy us, the Glazers are going nowhere until we are a rotting shell of a club.
you've got to think (hope / pray) that there is some uber rich people sat watching what is happening with interest.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
you've got to think (hope / pray) that there is some uber rich people sat watching what is happening with interest.
I doubt it tbh. For one, they would have to pay way over the odds to convince the hard faced, money hungry £#%&!tards that currently own the club to part with their last remaining cash cow, and for two, the club will, in all likelihood, require serious investment of one form or another once the glazers are got shut of. The upshot being, any potential buyer is looking at not seeing a decent return on their investment for, probably, 5 years after buying (optimistically, maybe more).

Add in the fact that we aren't even the 'market leader' in this country in terms of financial power anymore, and probably won't be again, I wouldn't have thought we were looking that good as an investment to business minded people.

We need someone with money to burn and no interest in making money, certainly short term, I would've thought. But even for a Billionaire, parting with £1.5bn for a toy is a bit excessive.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I doubt it tbh. For one, they would have to pay way over the odds to convince the hard faced, money hungry £#%&!tards that currently own the club to part with their last remaining cash cow, and for two, the club will, in all likelihood, require serious investment of one form or another once the glazers are got shut of. The upshot being, any potential buyer is looking at not seeing a decent return on their investment for, probably, 5 years after buying (optimistically, maybe more).

Add in the fact that we aren't even the 'market leader' in this country in terms of financial power anymore, and probably won't be again, I wouldn't have thought we were looking that good as an investment to business minded people.

We need someone with money to burn and no interest in making money, certainly short term, I would've thought. But even for a Billionaire, parting with £1.5bn for a toy is a bit excessive.
Or if there is a more concerted boycott, even this season, the Glazers business plan becomes untennable and they are forced to sell at a price not entirely of their choosing.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:45 AM
dunk

Quote:
Or if there is a more concerted boycott, even this season, the Glazers business plan becomes untennable and they are forced to sell at a price not entirely of their choosing.
Maybe. Can't see it though. They will buy a few players over the next 2 or 3 transfer windows on the never never, keep everyone's hopes and expectations up on the pitch, and the fans will remain.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Maybe. Can't see it though. They will buy a few players over the next 2 or 3 transfer windows on the never never, keep everyone's hopes and expectations up on the pitch, and the fans will remain.
My point is, if people stay on their arses and boycott there's a chance of this hapening. If they don't, yeah you're right.

Unread 09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
My point is, if people stay on their arses and boycott there's a chance of this hapening. If they don't, yeah you're right.
Sorry, I mean, maybe if they all start staying away, then yes, but to combat this they will sprinkle a few crumbs and the drones (and those that just can't give it up) will remain.

There is also the question of how long a concerted boycott would be required in order to affect the business plan/price enough to force through a sale at a viable price, and what state the club would be in at that point. I fear it wouldn't be pretty though

Unread 09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
andyroo

Don't blame him for a moment, what a great opportunity for him. Hope he does well. Apparently he's taking over from Uwe Rosler who's been a bit of a flop

Apart from Barca 99 of course and the vermin in the cup, my favourite Solskjaer memory is probably the goal against Charlton in 06/07 and him showing how much he loves us. I think I cried a bit. Don't tell anyone.

Unread 09-11-2010, 12:59 PM
dunk

I loved the one at Charlton when he scored after Giggs hit the bar from the halfway line. Everyone else in the ground had stopped and was watching the ball, mouths open, were they about to witness one of the goals of all time, a turning, half volley from the half way line.... except Ole, who's only thought seemed to be 'I might get a tap in here' Still wish Giggs' had gone in though

Unread 09-11-2010, 01:02 PM
andyroo

That was ace... Wasn't it about a second after Giggs had scored too?

Unread 09-11-2010, 01:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That was ace... Wasn't it about a second after Giggs had scored too?
Can't remember, I think it was the 3rd goal though.

Unread 09-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Coracao

Henning Berg is managing out there too, didn't realise he went into management.

Unread 09-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Albert Tatlock

This was his finest moment

Unread 09-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
No, it wasn't.

Unread 09-11-2010, 02:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
No, it wasn't.
Was a good 'un though.

Unread 09-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Was a good 'un though.
'Twas.

Unread 09-11-2010, 02:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Loved that, remember him getting standing ovation that day.

Sacrificed himself in order to keep us in the title hunt,

Unread 09-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Father Christmas

He'll be back as manager in a few years.
Closed Thread