United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:16 PM
wonky no

Default would you be happy with the scouse finishing 5th

if it meant city finished 4th?

technically they still wouldn't have won anything and they would go out in the qualifying round.

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Grimson

Default Re: would you be happy with the scouse finishing 5th

No.

As fun as it is to see Liverpool sputtering along, I'm used to them being in the Champions League, and they have a European pedigree. City don't belong there.

Anyway I can see Liverpool finishing 5th and City 6th, or worse. They can't defend for £#%&! all.

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
if it meant city finished 4th?

technically they still wouldn't have won anything and they would go out in the qualifying round.
Nope. I'd rather the dippers finished 4th. If city get 4th, they might start to attract good players and not just mercenaries.

If you told the dippers that they'd finish 4 that the start of the season, they'd be gutted. I'd bet they'd kill for it now!

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Nope. I'd rather the dippers finished 4th. If city get 4th, they might start to attract good players and not just mercenaries.

If you told the dippers that they'd finish 4 that the start of the season, they'd be gutted. I'd bet they'd kill for it now!
I'd rather the Dippers finished 4th, and I meant to start a thread on the subject

If City finish 4th they'll never shut up, and as funny as it would be for Liverpool, they might actually have a half decent run.

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Ethers

£#%&! no.

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
denis lawless

i wont be totally happy until the @#%&!s do a "Leeds"

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

I'd rather Spurs or Veela finished fourth than those pair of @#%&!s

hth

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:46 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I'd rather Spurs or Veela finished fourth than those pair of @#%&!s

hth
there's no mind £#%&! there though is there?

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Rick The Boro Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
there's no mind £#%&! there though is there?
Citeh don't belong in the CL and neither does Mark Hughes.
Liverpool will be out after the next game and hopefully Spuds or Villa will finish 4th......and Boro come back up and the geordie scum don't.

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick The Boro Fan
Citeh don't belong in the CL and neither does Mark Hughes.
Liverpool will be out after the next game and hopefully Spuds or Villa will finish 4th......and Boro come back up and the geordie scum don't.
I can't see newcastle not being promoted unfortunately.

As for citeh? £#%&! no do I want them in the champions league. Spurs or Villa any day.

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
whenever liverpool are in it i always get this horrible feeling that the scabby @#%&!s might go on and win it again.
Yeah me too, but they've won it once since English clubs were reinstated, so we may be overstating that fear.

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:17 AM
History

I would be happy if spurs finished 4th. That won't happen if Liverpool finished 5th city would no doubt take the 4th spot. I think i would throw up. Im used to seeing liverpool finish top 4 and throw in the odd league cup f.a cup. In my lifetime ive never seen city win a trophy. It just can't happen. If city got 4th it gives players a reason not just money to join then.

Feel sick thinking about it tbh

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Grimson

City aren't playing anywhere near good enough to finish 4th no matter what Liverpool do. It could still happen, but they'll have to learn to defend.

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:25 AM
lztom

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
whenever liverpool are in it i always get this horrible feeling that the scabby @#%&!s might go on and win it again. it won't go away until they've been knocked out or it's mathematically impossible for them to qualify.
Yep I always feel exactly the same, not counting any chickens myself until the @#%&!s are officially dead and buried this time round either; irrational, I know. I don't think I'll ever properly get over that horrible catastrophe of 2005

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:30 AM
red in cumbria

Yup, I still can't forget how some Utd "fans" WANTED them to beat Chelski that year

Unread 10-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Albert Tatlock

Yes, but only if the spuds finish 4th

I don't want citeh in the CL

Unread 10-11-2009, 10:17 AM
SNAFU

i don't really care as long as city and liverpool are out of the top 4. I wouldn't mind villa or everton...they've played better football than those cheating @#%&!s

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:17 AM
wiganste

No matter how funny it is seeing Liverpool slump like they are doing, the thought of City in the Champions League is horrendous.

The way the 2 teams are playing at the moment, I don't think we need to worry about either of them getting in. The only question is, can Spurs & Villa sustain a challenge for 4th spot until May? Unlikely tbh.

Anyway, massive game in 2 weeks. Scousers v City at Anfield. A draw would be perfect, with both Villa & Spurs winning.

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Arnold Muhren

Spurs 4th, Villa 5th, Everton 6th, Liverpool 7th, city 8th. To be honest I won't be happy until the vermin are off my fixed odds coupon.

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
No matter how funny it is seeing Liverpool slump like they are doing, the thought of City in the Champions League is horrendous.

The way the 2 teams are playing at the moment, I don't think we need to worry about either of them getting in. The only question is, can Spurs & Villa sustain a challenge for 4th spot until May? Unlikely tbh.

Anyway, massive game in 2 weeks. Scousers v City at Anfield. A draw would be perfect, with both Villa & Spurs winning.
Followed by:

Everton (a)
Blackburn (a)
Arsenal (h)
Closed Thread