United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:04 PM
puressence

Derby will beat this lot comfortably

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
good

one less shitc*** to worry about. never in a million years has Ashley f***ing Young been good enough to play for Manchester United.

And there lies the problem. Too many dogshit players bought and think they can just call it in and win. Its a f***ing embarrassment.

get the shitc***s out of MUFC

time for a bedsheet methinks

pretty sane tbh
Keep Herrera though. Good squad player imo and can improve.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
And yet, it is a surprise.

He's a narcissist, we all know that. But from a psychological perspective, he's not following the classic narcissistic behaviour pattern at all.

The depressive behaviour he's exhibiting, and seemingly transmitting to the team, would be understandable if he'd had to take a job at say, Leicester, or Stoke or West Brom. That would have been a calamitous blow to his narcissistic ego.

But he's been given one of the top 3/4 managerial jobs in football - the job he coveted most of all. He should be absolutely on fire, buzzing. That's what I expected and hoped from him.

I'm no Freud, but I know a bit about psychology, and I just don't understand what's caused this depression at all. He's been like this almost since he arrived, so it doesn't seem to be the City factor.

I wonder if he's never recovered from the humiliation of getting kicked out of Chelsea and ending up out of work for almost a year before he got the United job. I wonder if that finished him.
You seem surprised he hasn't changed. I'm not.

He was like this at Chelsea last time. That's the job he last had.

The further down his career he's gone, the more depressing he's been and less relevant he's been.

I'm just not a fan in terms of him being here and he's doing nothing to change that.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:07 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well at least he is as pissed off as we all are. I would be more bothered about a "THIS IS FINE" mindset tbh.
The problem with Mourinho nowadays is that he seems to make things worse when he's pissed off. He's been pissed off and miserable for a while and we're getting worse. Something needs to change, with or without him.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:07 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Shoutout to Lukaku who didn’t even make the keeper work on his chance early on.

Just needs the service though...

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Don't think Pogba was as bad as being said on here.

Not great, but nobody was.

And i don't think we should be blaming players. I'm saying it's in the boss. One of two, ok. Everyone has dips in form, but these aren't dips. Confidence is shot.

How many players look comfortable in their position and look like they know what to do?

Martial Rashford lukaku Pogba Mata mkihi are all marginalised to some degree by our selection and style

All have shown what they can do in the right conditions either here or elsewhere.
He was awful IMO

Went hiding and he was captain

Other than the odd month or two I'm not sure any of them have been consistent since they've been here tbh and that includes before Mourinho was here

We're a team that relies on big time Charlie's (Pogba) or potential with a huge amount of shit. I honestly can't think of any manager out there that would get great performances out of these players on a consistent basis tbh

I understand people questioning the system etc under Mourinho, but the lack of effort from this group of player is way more worrying.

LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
The problem with Mourinho nowadays is that he seems to make things worse when he's pissed off. He's been pissed off and miserable for a while and we're getting worse. Something needs to change, with or without him.
he'll do something stupid and make it easier to get rid. looks like moyes and LVG near the end. £#%&!ed.

dragflick

Thumbs down

£#%&! me that was shite. Like going back to the LvG era that. Did their keeper make a save?

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Grimson (RWTA ) made an interesting point a while back; he said that, in his opinion, much of Mourinho's success was down to the bond he built with his players, and the outstanding man management skills he possessed as a young manager. He had genuine friendships with players, particularly those in their late 20s/30s, and identified with them.

As he's grown older, he's lost touch with players in that respect, and as a result, lost that magic bond he had with his teams. There is certainly nowhere near the same level of spirit and camaraderie in his United squad as there was within his Porto, Chelsea and Inter sides, which were all, incidentally, his best teams.

He looks like a grey, outdated figure on the touchline, and the charisma and confidence that used to ooze out of him has completely vanished. One of Ferguson's biggest strengths was his ability to reinvent himself and adapt to the changing game as he grew older; maybe Mourinho just lacks that adaptability, and has exceeded his shelf-life. The once great manager is great no more.

IMO United need an injection of youth and energy at a management level. Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho are all experienced football men, but were at the latter stage of their careers. To quote the great Richard Arnold, perhaps we don't just need a team of "XI George Clooneys"; perhaps we need one in the dugout, too...
Yeah, probably is something in that. And he's perhaps grown more distrusting of players as he's aged too.

Tactically he's become very predictable. Two 6'3 players in midfield, big brute of a striker up front (even if he didn't rate him four years ago) and remain focused on minimalising our own mistakes and exploiting the opposition. Works better for underdog sides really, or ones he can galvanise with his tactic of creating conflict. When the players loved him they'd give their all for it, now it probably feels a bit of a drag. Especially when they know what's happening elsewhere.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
after that who would be left to pick? even more questions about the players regardless of who bought them. where are the character guys. pogba , he bought him , sell him , don't pick him? isn't being named captain enough? it used to be. it's not one player. we are not looking like a team that you can blame on jose. lack of effort or motivation on the players part , not at this level. not having that.
You can't replace that many.

I'm saying it's the manager.

Look at city. Scoring late winners because that's what that mentality does. Are they doing that for the love of city? No, they're doing it because of Guardiola.

A team is a reflection of their manager.

We are a current Jose Mourinho side now

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
There was a time the support was united’s 12th man. Now it’s the opposition’s. Just demand entertainment and whinge like £#%&! for every second it doesn’t happen.
Yeah, not excusing the inadequacies of the players or even manager but our crowds have to be amongst the worst anywhere. Ironically one of the few other places as bad is......city

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:10 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Doesn’t matter if he goes now or in 18 months really. He won’t be staying longer than his standard 3 years, and he isn’t building anything or laying any foundations or doing anything other than attempting to grind out results, Moyes could’ve done that ffs.
LvG had the same problem when we knew he was only going to be here for 3 years. When it's not going right, what's the point in continuing?

But where the £#%&! do we go from here?

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Going through the motions. Happens when players have lost some confidence in the overall context.

Could be the title being over in December that's done it, could be a wider issue.

But when every single player is well below their standard there's a bigger problem.
When he first appeared he lifted a struggling team.

Now they've all dropped down him included and he's sinking with them. His form does worry me, I know he's young and all but if we continue to struggle like this is it really the best environment for him? If we're to see anything like his potential stuff has to change, it's no good saying he's not up to it because he can't change us single-handedly now. Though it would be pretty £#%&!ing lovely if he could.

Just depressing today though. The header and that, um, thing just before half time, wasn't a cross, wasn't a shot...

Though if Mkhi had finished the one he set up for him not long after he came on it could've been different for both of them. But there it is again, struggling as a team so you're getting individual errors, individuals are struggling so the team performances suffer. Bit of a vicious cycle.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:12 PM
LFOD

Quote:

Look at city. Scoring late winners because that's what that mentality does. Are they doing that for the love of city? No, they're doing it because of Guardiola.

and i'm saying with this bunch it won't matter a £#%&!ing bit. tin men the bunch. they aren't united quality and he isn't playing united football. so sack the manager but we'll still be stuck with loads of nothing players.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:

They're even celebrating their wins with a song about how shit we are.

Even the games not against us.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:13 PM
AK14

Quote:

Tbf Guardiola did replace that many players

All ready had players like De Bryne, Silva, Otamendi, Aguero, Sterling which were all better than what we had in their respective positions. He's then brought in 16 players and spent a load of money shaping his side around an all ready quality spine.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He was awful IMO

Went hiding and he was captain

Other than the odd month or two I'm not sure any of them have been consistent since they've been here tbh and that includes before Mourinho was here

We're a team that relies on big time Charlie's (Pogba) or potential with a huge amount of shit. I honestly can't think of any manager out there that would get great performances out of these players on a consistent basis tbh

I understand people questioning the system etc under Mourinho, but the lack of effort from this group of player is way more worrying.
The player you're talking about was signed by him. As was Mkhityrayn. And then there's that big donkey we've decided to build our team and style around.... The rest, he has kept.

If they're not good enough, not working hard enough, then ok. Fair assessment. They are all players the manager has signed or kept in his 18 months.

Moyes was judged after 8 months. LVG judged after 18 months. This is Mourinhos side now. All it's plusses and flaws.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
imo all we really need is another bombastic thread from saffers to rally the troops.
£#%&! than We need saffer totake over atvUtd. TONIGHT.

*This BASTARD keyboard

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:15 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Keep Herrera though. Good squad player imo and can improve.
no thanks. another one nowhere near good enough

that and he's £#%&!ing shit

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:15 PM
dragflick

Mkhi's performance today reminded of Di Maria's where he hit every cross into the £#%&!ing stands. Awful today that lad. Should have been dragged off at half time and told to £#%&! off home/to the airport.

Get Mahrez signed on Monday morning and in the side for half 5 ffs. Need some @#%&! who can create something/beat a man.