United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 18-03-2024, 01:59 PM
RedNick80

You could argue a keeper like DeGea saves Macalistar's shot, maybe...

However - what infuriated me was the pass out to AWB before the 2nd goal, it was clear Liverpool's press was closing in and boxing us into that corner and to play it out to AWB with so little room was utterly stupid.

Bruno still had to be a bit stronger but 9/10 that gets given as a foul.

Onana should have hoofed it that time, really poor decision making for me Clive.

Unread 18-03-2024, 02:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
You could argue a keeper like DeGea saves Macalistar's shot, maybe...

However - what infuriated me was the pass out to AWB before the 2nd goal, it was clear Liverpool's press was closing in and boxing us into that corner and to play it out to AWB with so little room was utterly stupid.

Bruno still had to be a bit stronger but 9/10 that gets given as a foul.

Onana should have hoofed it that time, really poor decision making for me Clive.
If VAR hadn’t ruled out the offside goal already, that second one goal woudve been ruled out for the foul. It was a clear foul, and one of a series of really blatant poor decisions against us yesterday.

It’s been a theme all season, and one ETH alluded to after the game when he mentioned the arsenal league game at the start of the season. We ruined the narrative yesterday, scoring in the last minute of extra time with a goal they couldn’t rule out and, even though they tried with the 4 minutes of injury time, the Klopp final season fairy tale was spoiled. I hope their confidence is knocked now, the ‘play till Liverpool score’ added time stops and we get the bonus joy of inflicting serious damage to their league campaign in April.

Unread 18-03-2024, 02:40 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
If VAR hadn’t ruled out the offside goal already, that second one goal woudve been ruled out for the foul. It was a clear foul, and one of a series of really blatant poor decisions against us yesterday.

It’s been a theme all season, and one ETH alluded to after the game when he mentioned the arsenal league game at the start of the season. We ruined the narrative yesterday, scoring in the last minute of extra time with a goal they couldn’t rule out and, even though they tried with the 4 minutes of injury time, the Klopp final season fairy tale was spoiled. I hope their confidence is knocked now, the ‘play till Liverpool score’ added time stops and we get the bonus joy of inflicting serious damage to their league campaign in April.
I'm not sure if it was a foul, granted I only saw one replay but while it was aggresive he won the ball at the same time as he made contact with Bruno. The four minutes added on and Maguire booking were an utter joke but then I still don't understand how their goal was ruled offside because a shoulder was offside, basically the rules and refs are shit for everyone.

Unread 18-03-2024, 02:43 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
I'm not sure if it was a foul, granted I only saw one replay but while it was aggresive he won the ball at the same time as he made contact with Bruno. The four minutes added on and Maguire booking were an utter joke but then I still don't understand how their goal was ruled offside because a shoulder was offside, basically the rules and refs are shit for everyone.
Anywhere else, anyone else, they would have been given a foul. He barged into the back of Bruno. Shouldn’t be a foul in my opinion, but in todays game, it is.

Unread 18-03-2024, 02:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Anywhere else, anyone else, they would have been given a foul. He barged into the back of Bruno. Shouldn’t be a foul in my opinion, but in todays game, it is.
Fully agree with that. Thought it was at the time, even more so when I watched it back. Soft, yes, but a foul all the same.

Bruno does irritate me though because let's be honest, he doesn't need much of an excuse to go down and it's always dangerous when you're looking for free kicks in that area of the pitch. Just get the ball away.

Unread 18-03-2024, 02:55 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Fully agree with that. Thought it was at the time, even more so when I watched it back. Soft, yes, but a foul all the same.

Bruno does irritate me though because let's be honest, he doesn't need much of an excuse to go down and it's always dangerous when you're looking for free kicks in that area of the pitch. Just get the ball away.
He’s embarrassing at times. Pretended he had his eye gouged out at one point yesterday when someone’s hand skimmed his face, then that the back of his skull had been hatched off when someone’s arm brushed against his hair.

Unread 18-03-2024, 03:03 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
It’s been a theme all season, and one ETH alluded to after the game when he mentioned the arsenal league game at the start of the season.
Yes, that was interesting he mentioned that. Needs to do more of it to start setting the agenda rather than us being on the receiving end all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
I'm not sure if it was a foul, granted I only saw one replay but while it was aggresive he won the ball at the same time as he made contact with Bruno.
In slow motion watching it I don't think it was much of a foul either, but you have to agree they are normally given. From behind, man and ball etc...

Unread 18-03-2024, 03:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post

In slow motion watching it I don't think it was much of a foul either, but you have to agree they are normally given. From behind, man and ball etc...
That's fair, they are usually given. My point was more about how refs make shocking decisions against all teams and VAR has only served to exacerbate that.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Double save was class....

He's found his feet in the team....

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:19 AM
armchair

zero issues with the guy. is an upgrade on degea.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
zero issues with the guy. is an upgrade on degea.
Big time, feels more modern....

Man he has a shit start...

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:36 AM
Dr Stranger

We certainly get to see plenty of him

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:42 AM
jem

did well overall, but was shit on the goal.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
We certainly get to see plenty of him
Our keepers should be more Newman than George.

Unread 31-03-2024, 04:13 AM
Neo

Football

He's adapting relatively well after a horrible, horrible start.

Kicking is still nowhere near the standard we were expecting.

Strong argument that if De Gea was in goal today, we'd have won 0-1.

Dunk still has explaining to do, albeit less so than a few months ago.

Unread 31-03-2024, 05:56 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
did well overall, but was shit on the goal.
Maybe Casemiro & Licha should have stopped Toney actually getting the ball across to Ajer

Unread 31-03-2024, 08:29 AM
redhegemony

Really started to perform much better on crosses. One of the plus points.

Unread 31-03-2024, 08:41 AM
believe

“Get rid of de Gea all he does is saves!!”
“This guys better he did a save!!”

He’s shit

Unread 31-03-2024, 09:31 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
“Get rid of de Gea all he does is saves!!”
“This guys better he did a save!!”

He’s shit
De Gea had to be replaced though, I think more or less everyone agreed. But yeah, maybe not the right guy to come in.

Unread 31-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Dr Stranger

He was fine. I still think we’re at the stage of being impressed by basic stuff because he was so awful in the first place.

He’s certainly improved. He’s gone from being one of the biggest problems to being a top ten problem. Delighted for the lad.