United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:00 PM
Mr_Ed

It's only two days before 1st August and week before the season starts. Be patient man...

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
came to me after.

If i was talking amongst people in a social setting I’d describe him as opposed to saying his name.
"you know... the one who keeps £#%&!ing falling over and is absolute shite."

nope. you'll have to be more specific, vi.

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

It’s all on whether we get FDJ or not

Eriksen I think will be a much better signing than most people think but we need that controlling midfielder
We don’t have that player who can conduct the orchestra….yet

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:35 PM
dunk

We've come into the window with no plan. We scrapped it through April and May as we dispensed with all the scouting and recruitment division, and then Ralf. ETH has been asked for some targets, and similar to Moyes, he knows that he doesn't know enough about the squad and players he's got to be adding more strangers to the fire, and doesn't trust the recommendations and scouting reports already at the club, given our recent recruitment record, so has plumped for those he knows or has already scouted himself.

I fancied us to have a shocker of a summer. The fees are at a point that we just can't do enough in a short enough space of time to bridge the gap. We haven't the pull of being a trophy winning outfit, we're not in the CL and we're coming off the back of a horror season. The horrible management of the club for the last 10 years is coming home to roost.

We may or may not get FDJ (I'm not optimistic) and a forward of some description. But it's £#%&!ing miles away from being enough. We needed 3 properly talented players through midfield. We needed at least 2 attackers, without Ronaldo £#%&!ing off, and we need another RB. That might get us a shot at top 4 if they were the required quality. I'm not mad at the 3 signings at all, there's an element of being smart in the signings of Malacia and Eriksen, nqat, Lisandro is the manager's man and should bring some much needed grit.

They need to give their collective heads a wobble and realise they are shopping in entirely the wrong places. Next summer, no doubt, they'll have visions of being in for Bellingham and Rice, and if Antony has a good season him too, that is not the market for us anymore. We need to be getting them far, far earlier.

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We've come into the window with no plan. We scrapped it through April and May as we dispensed with all the scouting and recruitment division, and then Ralf. ETH has been asked for some targets, and similar to Moyes, he knows that he doesn't know enough about the squad and players he's got to be adding more strangers to the fire, and doesn't trust the recommendations and scouting reports already at the club, given our recent recruitment record, so has plumped for those he knows or has already scouted himself.

I fancied us to have a shocker of a summer. The fees are at a point that we just can't do enough in a short enough space of time to bridge the gap. We haven't the pull of being a trophy winning outfit, we're not in the CL and we're coming off the back of a horror season. The horrible management of the club for the last 10 years is coming home to roost.

We may or may not get FDJ (I'm not optimistic) and a forward of some description. But it's £#%&!ing miles away from being enough. We needed 3 properly talented players through midfield. We needed at least 2 attackers, without Ronaldo £#%&!ing off, and we need another RB. That might get us a shot at top 4 if they were the required quality. I'm not mad at the 3 signings at all, there's an element of being smart in the signings of Malacia and Eriksen, nqat, Lisandro is the manager's man and should bring some much needed grit.

They need to give their collective heads a wobble and realise they are shopping in entirely the wrong places. Next summer, no doubt, they'll have visions of being in for Bellingham and Rice, and if Antony has a good season him too, that is not the market for us anymore. We need to be getting them far, far earlier.
We've got £#%&! all chance of top 4 as it stands. City, Liverpool, Spurs and probably Arsenal will have those sown up. Us and chelsea will scrap it out for 5th probably.

I think it's going to be an absolute horror show of a season tbh. Ten Hag will need to be some kind of miracle worker to get anything out of the shower he's inherited.

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
average kids doing little bits in pre season games is not it.
that’s what Arsenal used to be about.

look at that kid we had with the fuzzy hair. forgot his name. looks like lil dice when we grew up from city of god.
he was bullshit when we were giving him games when it mattered
He does

Absolutely awful is Chong, Birmingham FC loved him....

Off you go my guy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We've got £#%&! all chance of top 4 as it stands. City, Liverpool, Spurs and probably Arsenal will have those sown up. Us and chelsea will scrap it out for 5th probably.

I think it's going to be an absolute horror show of a season tbh. Ten Hag will need to be some kind of miracle worker to get anything out of the shower he's inherited.
You underestimate Ten hag ...

S

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:07 PM
dunk

Quote:

Yup. It’s a long, long way back from here imo. With the finances of the club and the parasitic, clueless ownership, I’m beginning to wonder if we’re £#%&!ed forever tbh.

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:08 PM
armchair

Chong can £#%&! off. He should be in panto with shore midget.

wow, £#%&! me, we're hardcore

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yup. It’s a long, long way back from here imo. With the finances of the club and the parasitic, clueless ownership, I’m beginning to wonder if we’re £#%&!ed forever tbh.
Does hope not spring eternal ?

Imagine being this under all the time ...

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Just a bit of reality pal. We can’t all be away with the fairies and believing in Van de Beeks..

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:17 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

Season hasn't even started and the essays are starting to appear.

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Just a bit of reality pal. We can’t all be away with the fairies and believing in Van de Beeks..
Ok mate....

Never mentioned him, it'll be a good season, we've got the right manager....

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

You underestimate Ten hag ...

S
I think he's a very capable manager, but there's no point in getting a decent manager in if you're going to basically handicap him by expecting him to work with inferior players.

Our transfer business thus far has been, quite frankly, underwhelming to put it mildly. A young full back who nobody had heard of outside of Eredivisie enthusiasts, a free transfer from brentford and a south american centre back. I suppose one of our south american signings has to be good at some point right?

I mean it comes to £#%&!ing something when Arsenal and Spurs are backing their managers better than we are.

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Arsenal and spurs will both finish below us....

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:29 PM
marlo

Quote:
Those days are long gone now.

Spurs are a lot better than us now. Better is most if not all departments.

they even have depth to their squad with both perisic and that Eastern European lad with the long name (begins with k i think)

They have a decent midfield with bisouma and hojberg. Their forward line has 2 of the best 4 forwards in the league. They will finish about 10-15 points ahead of us.

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Those days are long gone now.

Spurs are a lot better than us now. Better is most if not all departments.

they even have depth to their squad with both perisic and that Eastern European lad with the long name (begins with k i think)

They have a decent midfield with bisouma and hojberg. Their forward line has 2 of the best 4 forwards in the league. They will finish about 10-15 points ahead of us.
Spurs 15 points over us ? Bet ?

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:45 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Season hasn't even started and the essays are starting to appear.
Sparky a few days ago….

Quote:
I fully expect us to lose one or two of the first 10 games and the usual hysteria to start.
Nice that he hasn’t even waited for the defeats tbf

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Going to be a good one....

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:49 PM
jem

Quote:
arsenal, yes. spurs.... not sure about that.

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:53 PM
goonlooca

Neither Klopp or Guardiola could get our current squad to finish in the top four
Closed Thread