United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Default Is Lampard the only player in the Prem to have a bodyguard on the pitch ??

Without Makalele he'd be absolutely nothing.

Shows just how shite he is, has he actually ever done anything to win an important game ??

As much as I hate to say it, Gerrard is ten times the player fat f£#%&! is.

Unread 25-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Rhodzy

Makeleles out of contract in the summer, Fergie sign him up

Unread 25-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Makeleles out of contract in the summer, Fergie sign him up
We don't need him, we have TSP and his "Zone of Terror"

Unread 25-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Tiberian

Gerrard has been anonymous tonight. the only big games he plays well in are finals. Looks like he is sulking about being wide again.

Unread 25-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Tiberian

Both of them, bar 3 shots between them were very quiet. Neither has the ability to control a game, to dictate with passing, they play what they see. No wonder that they can not perform for England, no discipline in either.

Both tremendous footballers, but neither are the full package as midfield players.

Unread 25-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Both of them, bar 3 shots between them were very quiet. Neither has the ability to control a game, to dictate with passing, they play what they see. No wonder that they can not perform for England, no discipline in either.
Couldn't have put it better myself. They're both severely lacking when it comes to tactical discipline, hence Lampard requiring a a pure holding midfielder behind him and Gerrard being stuck out on the right.

It's amazing that no one in the media seems capable of recognising this. Instead they castigate Benitez for not playing Gerrard in the middle and constantly question why the two can't play together for England.

Unread 25-04-2007, 11:28 PM
celtbion

Lampard is like a shit David Platt. What a £#%&!ing joker. I bet he can't believe how he's got everyone fooled.

Unread 25-04-2007, 11:33 PM
HollowmanVIII

Makalele & Fat Frank

Unread 25-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
It's amazing that no one in the media seems capable of recognising this. Instead they castigate Benitez for not playing Gerrard in the middle and constantly question why the two can't play together for England.
The media do not really analyze the matches, they look for the spectacular moments and base their opinion of a player around them. Benitez, one of the best managers in Europe does not trust Gerrard to play in the center in a 4-4-2, nor did Houllier, instead of asking why 2 highly respected football men came to the same conclusion, they campaign for a central role for him.

Lampard is what he is, give him the license to attack and he will score a lot of goals.

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
The media do not really analyze the matches, they look for the spectacular moments and base their opinion of a player around them. Benitez, one of the best managers in Europe does not trust Gerrard to play in the center in a 4-4-2, nor did Houllier, instead of asking why 2 highly respected football men came to the same conclusion, they campaign for a central role for him.
Spot on. The standard of football "analysis" in Britain is absolutely shocking. It's all about moments and personalities, not the totality of the match.

When you're playing in the spine of the pitch you have to be tactically responsible. I remember Rinus Michels talking about this, how the media and fans often don't appreciate players who carry out the basics of their position and love players who can do spectacular things but don't fullfil their fundamental responsibilities.

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:25 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Lampard is what he is, give him the license to attack and he will score a lot of goals.
Agreed. Lampard's goalscoring ratio is outstanding for a midfielder, but it has to be to make up for how average the rest of his game is. I've been saying for a while now that when/if Barca take Lampard he will truly be found out over there. For one they won't let him shoot fifty times a game, but also when they need to play more measured, methodical game with an element of intelligence, discipline and patience - he'll be found wanting. They won't want him shooting 50% of the time he gets the ball, or racking it upfield to Eto'o. They'll expect a much more rounded game from him, and he'll disappoint. When he doesn't score in a game - such as tonight - his performances standing on their own are usually pretty poor.

I think Gerrard is better but I agree that a similar thing applies to him. He has scored a couple of goals against United in his career but never has he come close to giving a truly impressive, dominating performance against us.

Unread 26-04-2007, 07:58 AM
armchair

Makalele is becoming a ref next season. He's already got a whistle.

Unread 26-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Without Makalele he'd be absolutely nothing.

Shows just how shite he is, has he actually ever done anything to win an important game ??

As much as I hate to say it, Gerrard is ten times the player fat f£#%&! is.
Lampard is a Limparse even with all of Max Cliffords spin behind him. He is fragile mentally, and hates to be tackled. If he's perceived as a threat then glue Heinze on to him for 20 mins and then he would not emerge again for rest of match.

Unread 26-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Neither has the ability to control a game, to dictate with passing

Id say you cant control a game much more than Gerrard did against Milan in the euro final a few years back.

Take the red tinted specs off,Gerrard is world class and would walk intio our team.

Unread 26-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Id say you cant control a game much more than Gerrard did against Milan in the euro final a few years back.

Take the red tinted specs off,Gerrard is world class and would walk intio our team.
No he wouldn't. You don't know what you're talking about.

Unread 26-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
No he wouldn't. You don't know what you're talking about.

No no no iam afraid its [SIZE="6"]YOU who doesnt have a clue what they are talking about.

Unread 26-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Scholes or Hargreaves with Carrick, no place for Low Brow.
Where else are you going to put him? Right Wing? Don't make me laugh, too late you already did.

Unread 26-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Scholes or Hargreaves with Carrick, no place for Low Brow.
Where else are you going to put him? Right Wing? Don't make me laugh, too late you already did.

Gerrard is twice the player Hargreaves or Carrick will ever be.

Who mentioned right wing?Not me iam pretty sure of that.

You do know Hargreaves hasnt signed yet dont you?

You wont admit iam right but its okay cause i know deep down you agree with me.

Unread 26-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Gerrard is twice the player Hargreaves or Carrick will ever be.

Who mentioned right wing?Not me iam pretty sure of that.

You do know Hargreaves hasnt signed yet dont you?

You wont admit iam right but its okay cause i know deep down you agree with me.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Gerrard = Glory boy headless chicken

Unread 26-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Gerrard = Glory boy headless chicken
Iam spot on iam just not too bitter to see it.

NFT
Closed Thread