United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:06 PM
wonky no

Default you have the £100m

sort our midfield out.
for me, what we need isn't really out there but then again im not the most clued up in terms of, well, most things really.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: you have the £100m

"the 100m"

what 100m?

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Stubbsy

Buy Ronaldo back for 80 mill

Buy Jenas, Gravesen and Barton for 19.8 mill

Buy a house and get a McDonalds with the change.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:10 PM
wonky no

Thumbs up Re: you have the £100m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Buy Ronaldo back for 80 mill

Buy Jenas, Gravesen and Barton for 19.8 mill

Buy a house and get a McDonalds with the change.
burger king > mcd

parker > graveson

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
sort our midfield out.
for me, what we need isn't really out there but then again im not the most clued up in terms of, well, most things really.
ffs

Get Sissokho or M'Vila to play the holding role.

Get Pastore to be our Trequartista.

Neuer or De Gea as our next keeper.

N'zogbia as another wide option.

Rotate Rooney and Berbatov as our no.9.

Oops this thread has 'Playstation' written all over it.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Baron

Bale
Modric
De Rossi

We already have Nani.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
sort our midfield out.
I agree.
All this casting envious glances at WHL is getting a bit much tbh.
Is Modric really that good??...could he do it for United where you have to win & play well every week otherwise you're crucified??
If Spurs are that £#%&!ing good & we're so £#%&!ing awful what's that points difference all about then??

I share the opinion that our midfield is shit, but it just makes me nostalgic for our former great players. I certainly don't look at any other team in Europe (Barcelona aside) & think - "£#%&!ing hell, I'd like a couple of those lads in our midfield"

I'm sick of Transfer bullshit anyway.
I'd sooner Fergie came out & said we've got £#%&! all to spend so we're gonna bring in a Keeper but otherwise I'm gonna give the kids a go (ie; the other 'kids' not the Gibson, Bebe' & Obertans of this world)

Keep Vidic, Rooney, Evra, & Nani from the glorious 'Title Hat-trick/European Cup winning/World Club winning' squad in the first eleven & then give the likes of Welbeck, Pogba, Morrison & co a £#%&!ing decent run at it.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM
andyroo

Well I don't pay interest with it, that's for £#%&!ing sure.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:17 PM
redhegemony

Business Class Flight to NY to ask Grimson which keeper to sign.

Take Harry and stay in nice 5* Hotel and but Modric and Bale give him Carrick and Brown in part ex.

Put rest under mattress or possibly premium bonds for NOW.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:20 PM
wiganste

We won't spend £100m in the next 5 or 6 years, so forget about spending that amount in the summer.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We won't spend £100m in the next 5 or 6 years, so forget about spending that amount in the summer.
You're the worse example of an accountant i've ever come across.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I agree.
Is Modric really that good??...could he do it for United where you have to win & play well every week otherwise you're crucified??
If Spurs are that £#%&!ing good & we're so £#%&!ing awful what's that points difference all about then??

I share the opinion that our midfield is shit, but it just makes me nostalgic for our former great players. I certainly don't look at any other team in Europe (Barcelona aside) & think - "£#%&!ing hell, I'd like a couple of those lads in our midfield"

I'm sick of Transfer bullshit anyway.
I'd sooner Fergie came out & said we've got £#%&! all to spend so we're gonna bring in a Keeper but otherwise I'm gonna give the kids a go (ie; the other 'kids' not the Gibson, Bebe' & Obertans of this world)

Keep Vidic, Rooney, Evra, & Nani from the glorious 'Title Hat-trick/European Cup winning/World Club winning' squad in the first eleven & then give the likes of Welbeck, Pogba, Morrison & co a £#%&!ing decent run at it.
money splashing has never made my dick twitch either. as for midfields past, we were very lucky and privileged to have them and the envy of every other british club.

robson, ince, keane, scholes, beckham.
then we had squad players like p nev and butt.

almost impossible to replace. its fair to say that fletcher wouldn't have ousted any of them in their pomp but by the same token he would walk into the first team of most, if not all, premier league teams. the way i see it is that in the past we had players that did more than one mans shift just because they were that good. now we need to find a blend of players to form a strong midfield plus fringe players to step in and play in the same mould.
not easy and a problem that most clubs have had to deal with whilst we were winning trophies.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:25 PM
otbarney

Quote:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...-squad-1297801

It says here, so it must be true!

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Baron

Quote:
I agree.
A blind man could see Bale is an exceptional player & at 21 there's a long, long career ahead of him.

Modric, I think is a fantastic player. Passes & moves, sticks his foot in, doesn't score enough but his range of passing & vision are top drawer. Would naturally raise his standards again in a better side.

Spurs are miles behind because they don't have a set of quality strikers & their best defender is a cripple. If they kept King fit all season & had someone who scored 25 league goals they'd be a lot closer.

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:52 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You're the worse example of an accountant i've ever come across.
Even worse than marlo?

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Even worse than marlo?
He's not an accountant anymore. He was one for about a week but then was promoted to company director, which is totally normal for someone of the age of 25.

Unread 06-03-2011, 07:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
A blind man could see Bale is an exceptional player & at 21 there's a long, long career ahead of him.

Modric, I think is a fantastic player. Passes & moves, sticks his foot in, doesn't score enough but his range of passing & vision are top drawer. Would naturally raise his standards again in a better side.

Spurs are miles behind because they don't have a set of quality strikers & their best defender is a cripple. If they kept King fit all season & had someone who scored 25 league goals they'd be a lot closer.
I agree about Bale...not convinced by Modric, but I've been wrong before.

I'd like to see a real sweeping of the broom this Summer - really freshen things up a bit.
Build a 'new' side around Rooney, Pea, Smalling, Vidic, Rafael, Evra, Nani...

I'd be happy with that.

Unread 06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's not an accountant anymore. He was one for about a week but then was promoted to company director, which is totally normal for someone of the age of 25.
Ah, ok. I must've missed that. Fair enough, your point stands then.

Unread 06-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Neo

Quote:
I'd like to see a real sweeping of the broom this Summer - really freshen things up a bit.
Build a 'new' side around Rooney, Pea, Smalling, Vidic, Rafael, Evra, Nani...

I'd be happy with that.
I think building a 'new side' is a bit much tbh.

We've got a good squad in all areas apart from the central midfield.

I have faith that the club will get a decent 'keeper to replace VDS, and then we have a world-class back four, with good competition from Fabio, O'Shea, Brown, Smalling and Evans.

The strikers are set for the next few seasons if Rooney stays. Rooney, Berbatov and Pea will be the three main guys, with Wellbeck as another option. Fergie has always liked having four quality strikers and we're sorted in that department IMO. Owen will most likely be £#%&!ed off.

The wings have been exposed this season because of Tony's horrible injury and Park's absence. But with those two back to full fitness, alongside the continued form of Nani, the return of Cleverley and competiton from Giggs I think we'll be fine. Wellbeck can play there as well. That's six wide players, although Park is more suited to 4-5-1 so we may try and bring in a more naturally sided winger who can play in both systems like Nani can. Gareth Bale would be the pipe dream, but Ashley Young is who I reckon we'll end up with for the value.

So, the main area is central midfield. Lots of things to sort out. Will Gibson be sold? Will Scholes stay on for another season? It looks obvious that we're sticking with Carrick, Fletcher and Anderson due to the contract extensions, but the question is whether Fergie will want them as first XI players or squad guys. Hargreaves will have to be replaced, but we also need a creative player. My gut feeling is that we'll buy a replacement for Hargreaves and then use Anderson as our main midfield creative force, and I'm not sure he's good enough.

So overall I think we'll see three signings. A 'keeper, a wide-player who can operate in a 4-4-2 and a 4-5-1, and a midfielder. One thing for sure is that we have to see smart investment on real quality. None of this Bebe, Overtan, Owen shite.

Unread 06-03-2011, 08:07 PM
J_RED

I'd pay all the Supporters who moan like £#%&! every time we don't win 5-0, a tenner each to do one and support Chelsea , with the other 7 million I would buy Roy Keane a pair of bionic legs and sign him up
Closed Thread