United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

top red is our dunk

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
carlosartorial

It's feels like one of the quiet kids in class has just belted one of the gobby £#%&!ers who's annoyed him for years.

sullers better watch his back now I reckon.

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Sloane

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:52 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
It's feels like one of the quiet kids in class has just belted one of the gobby £#%&!ers who's annoyed him for years.

sullers better watch his back now I reckon.

Dunk giving it Sparky.

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:54 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nope.

You err on the side of the negative all the time. I think you will find that in the summer we all wanted a midfielder, for instance, I personally wanted us to £#%&! Hargreaves off and replace him. You haven't told anybody anything or been right about anything that anybody didn't already know. The difference is, rather than bleat on incessantly like some petulant schoolboy, we just let it ride out, see what happens, and focus on the positives and possible positives. For instance, in September, Fletch was coming off the back of his best season, Scholes was playing out of his skin, we had Anderson to come back and there was always the chance Carrick's form could improve. According to you, we'd be lucky to finish 4th.

You are tiresome with your screaming high pitched, look at me style of doom posting, I remember you posting shit of a similar nature in 2008 about us needing a striker, for instance. Nothing changes, even if we were winning every game 4-0 and pissing every trophy, you'd be bitching about the shade of green of the pitch or some other banal shit.

We have re-signed 2 experienced, British, central midfielders, 2 senior players within the playing staff who are at their peak ages (ish) and who have been here during the most successful period in our history, yet you complain? £#%&! me, imagine if we'd let them go, you'd have been squealing like a pig at it as it would be evidence that we can't afford to pay the wages, won't be replacing them and the fees are going in malc's pocket. Chill the £#%&! out.

No offence btw.
post and a half dunk.

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:56 PM
red in cumbria

The point is, nearly all of us (save a handful of the "usual suspects") agree with much, even if not all, of what our resident Cabbie of Doom says. It's just the sheer relentlessness of it

Light and shade, Sparkles, light and shade

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:56 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Sparkys reaction to seeing dunks post.

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I'm not overly upset about Carrick and Fletch being given new deals. As has been said already, they are experienced players who are a valuable part of the squad. Carrick has been very poor this season, but like O'Shea/Brown/Owen he can do a job when we need him.

My problem is whether these new contracts are a way of avoiding any new investment in a midfield that is dying for quality additions.

I'm happy for Carrick and Fletch to be part of the squad, but we need at least one (possibly two) top class signings this summer who will slot straight into the first-team midfield. Youngsters from the reserves and more 'value' signings just won't be good enough IMO, but I have a feeling that's the way it will go.

Personally I would have been happy to see Carrick and Gibson sold and a new midfielder bought in alongside the return of Cleverley. However, with Carrick and Fletcher both staying it does give the impression that we won't be seeing much investment.
bloody hell that's another one

we certainly need to bring somebody in when scholes goes and, given that even if he stays he's going to play more and more selectively, that time is surely this summer.

bringing through talented youngsters is a difficult balancing act at the best of times. i think pogba, tunnicliffe, cleverley etc will do better coming into a strong midfield than getting chucked in to one that's struggling.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:00 PM
The Watcher

Bet dunks walking around his office with his chest out, bit of swagger in his step

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:04 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Bet dunks walking around his office with his chest out, bit of swagger in his step
Deffo.

Giving the waste paper bin a good kick as he walks past, only to be brought back down to earth as he returns from the water machine and knocks his cup all over the desk.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nope.

You err on the side of the negative all the time. I think you will find that in the summer we all wanted a midfielder, for instance, I personally wanted us to £#%&! Hargreaves off and replace him. You haven't told anybody anything or been right about anything that anybody didn't already know. The difference is, rather than bleat on incessantly like some petulant schoolboy, we just let it ride out, see what happens, and focus on the positives and possible positives. For instance, in September, Fletch was coming off the back of his best season, Scholes was playing out of his skin, we had Anderson to come back and there was always the chance Carrick's form could improve. According to you, we'd be lucky to finish 4th.

You are tiresome with your screaming high pitched, look at me style of doom posting, I remember you posting shit of a similar nature in 2008 about us needing a striker, for instance. Nothing changes, even if we were winning every game 4-0 and pissing every trophy, you'd be bitching about the shade of green of the pitch or some other banal shit.

We have re-signed 2 experienced, British, central midfielders, 2 senior players within the playing staff who are at their peak ages (ish) and who have been here during the most successful period in our history, yet you complain? £#%&! me, imagine if we'd let them go, you'd have been squealing like a pig at it as it would be evidence that we can't afford to pay the wages, won't be replacing them and the fees are going in malc's pocket. Chill the £#%&! out.

No offence btw.

wow just wow.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Some poor £#%&!ers are going to be taken the expensive "scenic route" to Heathrow tonight.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

the names change, the bullshit doom mantra remains the same

this time last year it was berbatov

can't be doing with idiots who think scholes and giggs should already have been replaced

not surprised at all that carrick has had his deal extended

united's players individually are top quality. collectively they are top quality. if they weren't then the team wouldn't be challenging for the title for the 5th straight season.

this current squad has shown itself to be excellent at incorporating new players as well, with valencia, smalling and hernandez effortlessly slotting into the set-up. no doubt, based on the example of those three, there will be at least one carefully selected quality addition in the summer who'll do the same.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Some poor £#%&!ers are going to be taken the expensive "scenic route" to Heathrow tonight.

Dragging that poodle round the park.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy

Dragging that poodle round the park.
Hell hath no fury like a cabbie scorned Guv

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:13 PM
The Watcher

Talking

Quote:
Imagine being stuck in a cab with a fuming Sparky on the North Circular at rush hour!

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Sloppy

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Deffo.

Giving the waste paper bin a good kick as he walks past, only to be brought back down to earth as he returns from the water machine and knocks his cup all over the desk.
Quote:

love this place tbh. £#%&!ing piss funny

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
bloody hell that's another one

we certainly need to bring somebody in when scholes goes and, given that even if he stays he's going to play more and more selectively, that time is surely this summer.

bringing through talented youngsters is a difficult balancing act at the best of times. i think pogba, tunnicliffe, cleverley etc will do better coming into a strong midfield than getting chucked in to one that's struggling.
I agree with you completely.

My point is that I don't believe our current midfield is actually anywhere near strong enough for the youngsters to come through. It needs to be strengthened by one or two new players who are the right age and in their prime. Schweinsteiger and Sneijder are two players who, in my opinion, would have given us exactly what we need. Obviously that's just pipe dreaming but it is what we need. Add the youngsters to that and you've got something that is worthy of a Manchester United midfield.

My guess is that Cleverley and Wellbeck will be used very sparingly next season, whilst Pogba, Morrison and Tunnicliffe will get games in the Carling Cup and the odd league appearance. It will be a while before we can see if they have a real future here. The bridge between now and then is quite long, and as you say its a difficult balancing act.

My fear is that we are taking a bit of a gamble by sticking with some of these guys in the hope that the youngsters make it. I would have liked to have seen some real quality added to midfield this summer, and it still could happen, but with the new contracts being given out it just gives the impression that we're sticking with what we've got.

I will be happy to see Gibson and Hargreaves let go as long as their replacements are real top drawer players and not more 'value' dross. With Carrick and Fletcher providing good squad cover it will give the youngsters that strong midfield to break into.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Albert Tatlock

Seems we're signing this lad from Andelecht

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/9411803.stm

Midfielder, the locals tell me he's a good prospect, but I guess we wouldn't be signing him if he wasn't
Closed Thread