United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:32 PM
dunk

Default Re: Fletch signs new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So, you think that if the Qatar Royal Family took us over and gave Fergie unlimited funds, he would dispense with all but Anderson and maybe Scholes from the midfield and buy new players?

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hargreaves is gone
Gibson must be going
Scholes' departure is imminent (or his time on the pitch greatly reduced)
Anderson can't play football for more than a month or 2 without getting injured, and it takes him a month to find form again.

Did anybody seriously think Fletcher or Carrick were in any danger of being sold or allowed to leave?

Even if he was to buy 2 top level CM's (who I do not know) there is no chance either Carrick or Fletcher would be allowed to leave. In fact, getting rid of either would be foolhardy. There was never any chance we would get rid of the entire midfield and replace it.
Nail on the head.
However I do disagree with your Anderson and form comment. Unless you are using the word form very loosely. We need far more than what we get from that lad.

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
So, you think that if the Qatar Royal Family took us over and gave Fergie unlimited funds, he would dispense with all but Anderson and maybe Scholes from the midfield and buy new players?
Nobody wants 'unlimited funds'. But if we had even a fraction of what we'd accumulated in turnover over the last 4 years spent on the team then the replacements for Giggs and Scholes would already be here.

The likes of Fletcher and Carrick would have gone the way that the likes of Nicky Butt and Phil Neville did.

But we can't do that anymore.

Anyway, as you were...

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Football Re: Fletch signs new deal

More than happy for Carrick & Fletcher to be part of the Squad for the foreseeable future....Good lads.

..but we still need major investment to our midfield. Not holding my breath though..

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:58 PM
dunk

Sparky, Sparky, Sparky... you have got hold of the wrong end of the stick firmly and are waggling it furiously.

I am not disputing the money situation or even the need to strengthen the midfield.

United don't ever make wholesale changes to the squad, regardless of financial position, and of the 6 CM's at the club, the 3 that have signed new contracts, which certain parties seem to be unhappy with, are the 3 you would expect to sign new deals, in order to keep some continuity and experience.

Do you think we would bin all 6 even if we had a bil to spend?

There is room for an addition or 2 and a promotion or 2 even with Fletch, Carrick and Anderson being handed new deals.

Fletcher and Carrick wouldn't have gone anywhere. Pip and Nicky Butt were here for nearly a decade each, and both only left because they wanted too.

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:58 PM
andyroo

Jesus, Sparky. He never said these two signing was ideal. He said that in the circumstances considering we're unlikely in the least to be bringing in De Rossi and Sneijder, not continuing their contracts would have been stupid. Nothing more.

edit: thanks dunkers

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Sparky, Sparky, Sparky... you have got hold of the wrong end of the stick firmly and are waggling it furiously.

I am not disputing the money situation or even the need to strengthen the midfield.

United don't ever make wholesale changes to the squad, regardless of financial position, and of the 6 CM's at the club, the 3 that have signed new contracts, which certain parties seem to be unhappy with, are the 3 you would expect to sign new deals, in order to keep some continuity and experience.

Do you think we would bin all 6 even if we had a bil to spend?

There is room for an addition or 2 and a promotion or 2 even with Fletch, Carrick and Anderson being handed new deals.

Fletcher and Carrick wouldn't have gone anywhere. Pip and Nicky Butt were here for nearly a decade each, and both only left because they wanted too.

If we add quality in the summer then you will be right - fletch and carrick have been given contracts to guarantee stability whilst we bolster the squad with strong players.

I think they've been given contracts whilst both of them have been chronically underperforming because we have no intention of doing any major strengthening during the summer and will again attempt to 'bargain hunt' our way through the transfer market.

The pair of them are £#%&!ing toilet and the only continuity they'll bring next season is the continuing £#%&!ing £#%&! performances we've all had to sit and endure like a bad case of piles.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
If we add quality in the summer then you will be right - fletch and carrick have been given contracts to guarantee stability whilst we bolster the squad with strong players.

I think they've been given contracts whilst both of them have been chronically underperforming because we have no intention of doing any major strengthening during the summer and will again attempt to 'bargain hunt' our way through the transfer market.

The pair of them are £#%&!ing toilet and the only continuity they'll bring next season is the continuing £#%&!ing £#%&! performances we've all had to sit and endure like a bad case of piles.
Just end it Sparky, life seems such a joyless chore to you.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Just end it Sparky, life seems such a joyless chore to you.
Gotta bring some reality to you lot.

In august our squad was fandabydozy according to some £#%&!ing dunces on here.

Now you're all about where i was 6 months ago.

"ooh we need midfielders"

NO £#%&!IN SHIT

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Gotta bring some reality to you lot.

In august our squad was fandabydozy according to some £#%&!ing dunces on here.

Now you're all about where i was 6 months ago.

"ooh we need midfielders"

NO £#%&!IN SHIT
Nope.

You err on the side of the negative all the time. I think you will find that in the summer we all wanted a midfielder, for instance, I personally wanted us to £#%&! Hargreaves off and replace him. You haven't told anybody anything or been right about anything that anybody didn't already know. The difference is, rather than bleat on incessantly like some petulant schoolboy, we just let it ride out, see what happens, and focus on the positives and possible positives. For instance, in September, Fletch was coming off the back of his best season, Scholes was playing out of his skin, we had Anderson to come back and there was always the chance Carrick's form could improve. According to you, we'd be lucky to finish 4th.

You are tiresome with your screaming high pitched, look at me style of doom posting, I remember you posting shit of a similar nature in 2008 about us needing a striker, for instance. Nothing changes, even if we were winning every game 4-0 and pissing every trophy, you'd be bitching about the shade of green of the pitch or some other banal shit.

We have re-signed 2 experienced, British, central midfielders, 2 senior players within the playing staff who are at their peak ages (ish) and who have been here during the most successful period in our history, yet you complain? £#%&! me, imagine if we'd let them go, you'd have been squealing like a pig at it as it would be evidence that we can't afford to pay the wages, won't be replacing them and the fees are going in malc's pocket. Chill the £#%&! out.

No offence btw.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:23 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Nope.

You err on the side of the negative all the time. I think you will find that in the summer we all wanted a midfielder, for instance, I personally wanted us to £#%&! Hargreaves off and replace him. You haven't told anybody anything or been right about anything that anybody didn't already know. The difference is, rather than bleat on incessantly like some petulant schoolboy, we just let it ride out, see what happens, and focus on the positives and possible positives. For instance, in September, Fletch was coming off the back of his best season, Scholes was playing out of his skin, we had Anderson to come back and there was always the chance Carrick's form could improve. According to you, we'd be lucky to finish 4th.

You are tiresome with your screaming high pitched, look at me style of doom posting, I remember you posting shit of a similar nature in 2008 about us needing a striker, for instance. Nothing changes, even if we were winning every game 4-0 and pissing every trophy, you'd be bitching about the shade of green of the pitch or some other banal shit.

We have re-signed 2 experienced, British, central midfielders, 2 senior players within the playing staff who are at their peak ages (ish) and who have been here during the most successful period in our history, yet you complain? £#%&! me, imagine if we'd let them go, you'd have been squealing like a pig at it as it would be evidence that we can't afford to pay the wages, won't be replacing them and the fees are going in malc's pocket. Chill the £#%&! out.

No offence btw.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Charlestown Rouge

No tip either

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:27 PM
carlosartorial

dunk has just hit sparky round the back of the head with a virtual spade!

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

like sparky but dunk has mauled him here tbh

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:43 PM
silv

Jeez looks like dunk will have to pay the £50 clean up fee here to get rid of sparkys remains.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
dunk has just hit sparky round the back of the head with a virtual spade!

Trying to get the last word with dunk is just an exercise in futility

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Neo

I'm not overly upset about Carrick and Fletch being given new deals. As has been said already, they are experienced players who are a valuable part of the squad. Carrick has been very poor this season, but like O'Shea/Brown/Owen he can do a job when we need him.

My problem is whether these new contracts are a way of avoiding any new investment in a midfield that is dying for quality additions.

I'm happy for Carrick and Fletch to be part of the squad, but we need at least one (possibly two) top class signings this summer who will slot straight into the first-team midfield. Youngsters from the reserves and more 'value' signings just won't be good enough IMO, but I have a feeling that's the way it will go.

Personally I would have been happy to see Carrick and Gibson sold and a new midfielder bought in alongside the return of Cleverley. However, with Carrick and Fletcher both staying it does give the impression that we won't be seeing much investment.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
beansy

If you're a 13 year old American kid playing Black Ops, do NOT try and 'pwn' a player called Sparky McAwesome about now. He's literally going mental

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:46 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: Fletch signs new deal

Love sparkles but he's out cold here I think.

Never seen dunk so wound up - nasty bastard!

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
red @rmy

Dunks got his sleeves rolled up as he types. Animal.
Closed Thread