United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:43 PM
borsuk

Default Re: We're in the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the fans are left hoping some awful Arab prince or dubious business men from the Far East buy us. But there you go.
yep. and all completely unnecessary.

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yep. and all completely unnecessary.
Go on, let's have it. Why is it completely unnecessary for a rich guy to buy us? It would get rid of the Glazers and debt at once. Without the millstone of the debt, we could compete with the rest of the clubs eg City, Chelsea, Real Madrid. At the moment, we can't.

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

thick @#%&!

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:04 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the fans are left hoping some awful Arab prince or dubious business men from the Far East buy us. But there you go.
I'd rather them than the Glazers, obviously.

Anyone that relieves us of the debt, gives us the cash to compete and allays everyones fears that one day, our club might not exist.

Surely any United fan would think the same.I dont think there's any other option is there?

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Anyone that relieves us of the debt, gives us the cash to compete and allays everyones fears that one day, our club might not exist.

Surely any United fan would think the same.I dont think there's any other option is there?
no, not at all

maybe the lehman brothers could've took us over in 2005?

there are no guarantees at all

anybody who has followed the 'struggle' between club and supporters over the past 20 years would never ever wnat a sugar-daddy any more than they want the glazers

the thought of United being run by an Abramovich or a sheikh is worse than the way they are actually run at this moment imo. United have been throwing increasingly obscene amounts of cash at players and wages for a decade now arguably since Keane's contract wrangle. at some point they have to draw a line. football has to draw a line.

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Pop

Breaking on SSN now. Red Knights to meet in London next week to decide whether or not to make a bid for Utd. Insiders are claiming they won't.

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Breaking on SSN now. Red Knights to meet in London next week to decide whether or not to make a bid for Utd. Insiders are claiming they won't.
1.5bn is not a large amount to these guys. It really wouldn't take them long to raise it,.

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:24 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

My point (and borsuk's I imagine) being that the 2005 takeover should never have been allowed by the footballing authorities in the first place

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
OOT @#%&!s.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
no, not at all

maybe the lehman brothers could've took us over in 2005?

there are no guarantees at all

anybody who has followed the 'struggle' between club and supporters over the past 20 years would never ever wnat a sugar-daddy any more than they want the glazers

the thought of United being run by an Abramovich or a sheikh is worse than the way they are actually run at this moment imo. United have been throwing increasingly obscene amounts of cash at players and wages for a decade now arguably since Keane's contract wrangle. at some point they have to draw a line. football has to draw a line.
I'm sorry, but without wanting to cause offence, that's utter %@#$&!s. If a 'sugar-daddy'/Indian billionaire came in, removed the debt and gave us cash to spend, you dont think the supporters would be happy?

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:25 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
My point (and borsuk's I imagine) being that the 2005 takeover should never have been allowed by the footballing authorities in the first place
I totally agree.

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
OOT @#%&!s.
cockney Reds actually. Tiime served.

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I'm sorry, but without wanting to cause offence, that's utter %@#$&!s. If a 'sugar-daddy'/Indian billionaire came in, removed the debt and gave us cash to spend, you dont think the supporters would be happy?
Quote:

people are obsessed with United throwing cash around in the transfer market though. so it's a useful lever to get them involved, i'll give you that.

Unread 29-05-2010, 06:59 PM
borsuk

Quote:
obviously. read it again sniffles.

Unread 29-05-2010, 07:01 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: We're in the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
obviously. read it again sniffles.
Good advice for any thread TSV is contributing too tbh

Unread 29-05-2010, 07:04 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
people are obsessed with United throwing cash around in the transfer market though. so it's a useful lever to get them involved, i'll give you that.
It's not the 'throwing cash about in the transfer market' that bothers me most.It's the spiralling debt while the Glazers take what they want, when they want it.

Of course, cash to spend on transfers is also a must if we're to compete at the highest levels, but I'm not (and neither are most level-headed Reds) screaming "Get Torres, Messi, Essien and Xavi in ffs!It's so unfair that we didn't get David Villa!".

Honestly Throb, it's a no brainer isnt it? (The Glazers going and a billionaire or a consortium coming in, not me.Obviously)

Unread 29-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It's not the 'throwing cash about in the transfer market' that bothers me most.It's the spiralling debt while the Glazers take what they want, when they want it.

Of course, cash to spend on transfers is also a must if we're to compete at the highest levels, but I'm not (and neither are most level-headed Reds) screaming "Get Torres, Messi, Essien and Xavi in ffs!It's so unfair that we didn't get David Villa!".

Honestly Throb, it's a no brainer isnt it? (The Glazers going and a billionaire or a consortium coming in, not me.Obviously)
the trouble is that it isn't

you can't take a campaign to remove owners seriously if the alternative is not laid out in black and white, or if you disagree strongly with the involvement of mooted alternatives

people might also want to consider a few other points

such as how much have the Glazers actually taken personally out of the club

how much has the finance industry taken out of the club

what would be the plans re transfer, ticket prices etc of prospective new owners

when down the line the debt is cleared and all the noughts and crosses are in our favour, what will happen to the profits the club makes, which by then may or not be absolutely fantastic

if it's just about swapping the owners then i don't back the prospective new ones any more than i back the current or previous ones

Unread 29-05-2010, 07:17 PM
thatsfuctit

the camera never lies

Unread 29-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
the camera never lies

Maybe not but it can certainly leave things open to misinterpretation.

Gill looks as pissed off as Fergie in the first photo. So is the camera showing us that they are unhappy about something? Let's assume it's the Glazers then. Forget what they have actually said on the subject, let's continue to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Or maybe you're saying the camera doesn't lie, there's Fergie side by side with the Glazers spokesman, what a @#%&! he is.

I don't know the purpose of posting this. They could be discussing Berbatov for all we know, there's nothing there to indicate the Glazers were even being discussed.

Unread 29-05-2010, 07:46 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Maybe not but it can certainly leave things open to misinterpretation.

Gill looks as pissed off as Fergie in the first photo. So is the camera showing us that they are unhappy about something? Let's assume it's the Glazers then. Forget what they have actually said on the subject, let's continue to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Or maybe you're saying the camera doesn't lie, there's Fergie side by side with the Glazers spokesman, what a @#%&! he is.

I don't know the purpose of posting this. They could be discussing Berbatov for all we know, there's nothing there to indicate the Glazers were even being discussed.
the camera can easily lie - use the snaps you want.
Closed Thread