United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Wrestling

Old 07-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's the greatest thing going today

Speaks volumes that they let him eliminate Strowman like that.
Absolutely, for me Strowman was THE elimination to be looking for. Yes it was a team effort but for Corbin to be given the actual elimination must show that they are high on him.

I'd like to see him booked briefly as a Diesel style guy, perhaps with Miz as his Hbk before going on to the title scene. He's got a great future and with his pro football and Golden Gloves background, he has the air of a legit tough guy too, important nowadays.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Switching Off

Some of the behind the scenes NXT stuff on him is decent. There's a drunk dickhead all over him at a metal gig, even spills his drink, and you can tell he's desperate to deck the guy but holds off because of the cameras

I also love HOW he eliminated Strowman. Ambrose has taken some criticism (rightly imho) for not being hard hitting enough, but Corbin didn't have that problem with the elimination. Almost took his head off

Old 08-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Switching Off

Corbin pinned Styles on Smackdown

Old 08-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Some of the behind the scenes NXT stuff on him is decent. There's a drunk dickhead all over him at a metal gig, even spills his drink, and you can tell he's desperate to deck the guy but holds off because of the cameras

I also love HOW he eliminated Strowman. Ambrose has taken some criticism (rightly imho) for not being hard hitting enough, but Corbin didn't have that problem with the elimination. Almost took his head off
It's on youtube and I couldn't believe how good it looked - genuinely looked believable that a 20 odd stone super athlete was being smacked out of the ring.

Quote:
Corbin pinned Styles on Smackdown
Really? He's getting a really good build up. I just hope it's not a Rusev build up only to be let down and dropped. He's worked his way up organically - I hope he gets a good Wrestlemania moment.

Old 09-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Switching Off

Talking

Old 13-02-2017, 04:33 PM
vanpalm87

Great PPV.

Harper did well.

Women's matches were dead on.

Wyatt as champ, love it.

Old 13-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanpalm87
Great PPV.

Harper did well.

Women's matches were dead on.

Wyatt as champ, love it.
I can't f***ing stand him. Seriously, what has he done to warrant a Championship run?

Old 13-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Switching Off

Only seen the Chamber match which was good.

Don't mind Wyatt but they should've pulled the trigger on him two years ago, and they definitely shouldn't job him out to Orton at Mania, but they will, sigh.

Disappointed Corbin didn't win but at least he's got a decent fued coming out of it. Ambrose complained on the Austin podcast that Lesnar was lazy last year so a good opportunity for these two to go out and steal the show. It's not like there's much competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior Animal
“Once again Rappers ruin the Grammys with that stupid song with words like resist and no one can tell you what to do. Having people of color Muslim and Mexican come on stage, are you that stupid and can not see that where all the drugs are coming from the southern borders or all the Radical Islamic that promote death to America? Really well legends it’s your relative using those drugs ir getting killed by terrorists then you will get it. Insulting performance!”

Old 14-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Thought the EC was good - but it really started when Corbin came in. Miz was excellent on his role too.

However......

Jericho and Owens are no longer friends.

That. Was. Brilliant.

Up there with Batista and the thumbs down and Jannetty going through the barbershop window. The 'Why's my name on the list?' From Jericho was sports entertainment par excellence.

Even the Gillberg cameo was great too but now, sorry, it should be Jericho v Owens at Wrestlemania. Better than Lesnar/Goldberg for sure.

Old 14-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Jethro