United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2013, 10:59 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Joe Hart.
That's one decent keeper fair enough and he wouldn't have worked with him for long. But who a GK coach has worked with is absolutely no indication of whether he's any good or not. He has little control over it. Howard has been excellent for Everton in the main too. None of us will know better than Moyes whether Woods is any good or not. I never liked him either but writing him off based on little to no evidence is a bit dim.

Unread 24-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Over 25 years at United. Longer the most of the halfwits taking the piss out of him.
He was at Norwich and Stockport in the 1990s.

Unread 24-05-2013, 11:02 AM
signed dc

Grimson is the only man for the goalkeeping coach role IMHO

Unread 24-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He's had an absolute Phelan here. (phelan's had an absolute carlo here).

Unread 24-05-2013, 11:05 AM
dodger

Quote:
and blackpool

Unread 24-05-2013, 11:56 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
and blackpool
Listen. To protect the credibility of my above post, those are minor details that needs to be kept to yourselves.

Okay lads? Thanks.

Unread 24-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Jez Quigley

Default True story

when I was about 17 I was convinced I saw Chris Woods dancing in a disco in Spain.

I went up to him and it wasn't him. It was a German guy and I think he thought I was coming on to him.

In fact, I know he thought that :shakehead:

For that very reason, hate Chris Woods, even more than his brother Tiger.

Unread 24-05-2013, 12:03 PM
nasss

Quote:
Listen. To protect the credibility of my above post, those are minor details that needs to be kept to yourselves.

Okay lads? Thanks.

Unread 24-05-2013, 12:09 PM
red @rmy

Chris woods looks like Christopher dean.
£#%&! him off

Unread 24-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
and blackpool
his ability to put out cones and shout "workrate!" repeatedly was second to none, tbf.

Unread 24-05-2013, 01:44 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
his ability to put out cones and shout "workrate!" repeatedly was second to none, tbf.
Weren't you a trainee there at the time Jack? Seem to remember a tale of something like that...

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:04 PM
ziggyman17

I thought one of the main factors with moyes taking over was that most of the utd backroom team would be kept on.. at this rate we will have the entire everton backroom staff working at utd..

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Weren't you a trainee there at the time Jack? Seem to remember a tale of something like that...
yep. trained with the first team quite a few times when gary megson was manager and phelan was his no2. he was pretty shite as a coach then, tbf, but presumably he got better...

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:09 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yep. trained with the first team quite a few times when gary megson was manager and phelan was his no2. he was pretty shite as a coach then, tbf, but presumably he got better...

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:13 PM
irk

Quote:

Okay lads? Thanks.

ignore them and their facts, carlo.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Aman27deep

I don't like this. Too much change together can't be good.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:20 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Looks like that dickead with the earpiece is coming with Moyes. :shakehead:

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Sloppy

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...epartures.aspx

Club confirm staff departures

Manchester United today confirmed the departure of assistant manager Mike Phelan and goalkeeping coach Eric Steele.
David Moyes, who takes over as United boss on 1 July, said: "I would like to put on record the club's thanks for everything Mike and Eric have done. I will be looking to appoint my own members of coaching staff at some point in the future, however, I’d like to take this opportunity to give them both our best wishes for their future careers."
Executive Vice Chairman Ed Woodward said: "I'd like to thank Eric and Mick for the enormous contributions they have made to the success of Manchester United in their time here. Their professionalism, ability and diligence have been a credit to them. They are top class football men and everyone here wishes them well for long and successful careers in the game."
Mike Phelan, a former United player, was promoted by Sir Alex Ferguson to the role of assistant manager in 2008, having served the club as a first-team coach since 2001.
Eric Steele, joined the club in 2008 as first-team goalkeeping coach to fill the void left by Tony Coton who had been forced to retire due to injury.

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Steele.

FFS Moyes.

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Grimson

Eric obviously did a very good job with De Gea, but given Dave's age, natural maturation and settling into a new country has to account for a fair bit of his improvement. He'll be fine whoever his coach is.
Closed Thread