United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2017, 12:33 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You shouldn't be worried apparently mate - some outfit who score for fun in a 2 bob league are apparently going to destroy them.
Hope so. Should be a great tie in footballing terms because for all their goals Monaco are actually not a team that look to dominate the ball, so City could play into their hands. But Monaco lack experience, which always feels important in Europe. £#%&!ing hate watching other English teams in the Champions League when we're not in it. We better £#%&!ing change that this season

Unread 14-02-2017, 12:42 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hope so. Should be a great tie in footballing terms because for all their goals Monaco are actually not a team that look to dominate the ball, so City could play into their hands. But Monaco lack experience, which always feels important in Europe. £#%&!ing hate watching other English teams in the Champions League when we're not in it. We better £#%&!ing change that this season
Same here. So I don't.

Unread 14-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Anyone know when United are supposed to be playing City away. It's going to be added on to Arsenal and Spurs away isn't it

Unread 14-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Bunker Buster

I like to see all English teams do well In Europe...

Unread 14-02-2017, 08:04 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I like to see all English teams do well In Europe...
Yeah, know what you mean. Felt an unmistakable British pride when Liverpool won it in 2005.

Unread 14-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yeah, know what you mean. Felt an unmistakable British pride when Liverpool won it in 2005.
Too early for sarcasm....

Unread 14-02-2017, 08:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Too early for sarcasm....
Too early to be fishing surely?

You did realise that Leicester are in it this year when you posted that?

Unread 14-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Too early to be fishing surely?

You did realise that Leicester are in it this year when you posted that?
Just a flippant remark...nothing more.

Unread 14-02-2017, 08:18 AM
puressence

Quote:
me to keith so proud in fact i flew to berlin the day after from liverpool and spent 5 minutes on the runway abusing the two liver pool team coaches parked up waiting to exit the airport for the open top tour ... what a day that was

Unread 14-02-2017, 09:50 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
me to keith so proud in fact i flew to berlin the day after from liverpool and spent 5 minutes on the runway abusing the two liver pool team coaches parked up waiting to exit the airport for the open top tour ... what a day that was
how come you have never shared this before

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
how come you have never shared this before
He's only just made it up pal.

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Sizlack

In this era of post-truth politics, an unhesitating liar can be king. The more brazen his dishonesty, the less he minds being caught with his pants on fire, the more he can prosper. And those pedants still hung up on facts and evidence and all that boring stuff are left for dust.

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Fair enough - would prefer to be in the champs league but I'm not that arsed. It's always the league first and foremost for me. Still not that keen about being in the champs league after finishing 4th. That's arsenal level shit.

Love the cups though - can't wait for Sunday

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Fair enough - would prefer to be in the champs league but I'm not that arsed. It's always the league first and foremost for me. Still not that keen about being in the champs league after finishing 4th. That's arsenal level shit.

Love the cups though - can't wait for Sunday
How about cups vs top four? The modern small team dilemma. FA Cup/League Cup Double or top 4 finish?

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Ethers

I was absolutely buzzing to get back in the CL last time, but the whole thing was absolutely shite from start to finish.

Now much of that was down to the state of the club at the time, but I do tend to think Keith might be on to something here, and that there really isn't much point in the CL if you're only good enough to scrape 4th

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
How about cups vs top four? The modern small team dilemma. FA Cup/League Cup Double or top 4 finish?
For us at this stage.....top 4

We need to be back in the champions league....it breeds success across the whole team.

Also looking forward to Sunday though....

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Sizlack

Quote:

Only 1 team can win the league, and only one team can win the cup, does that mean all the other teams are 'small' ?

Delusions of grandeur

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:23 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Cups for me but clearly not every year. Need to be on the champs league for status, marketing and cash ultimately but I'd rather not be in it at all than do what we did last time we were.

Where we are now - learning to win again is important.

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Only 1 team can win the league, and only one team can win the cup, does that mean all the other teams are 'small' ?

Delusions of grandeur
It's not winning the league vs cups it's top four vs cups

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
It's not winning the league vs cups it's top four vs cups

If you don't win the league the only achievement left is top 4 surely? Only 1 from the fabled 'top 6' can win the league it doesn't make the other 5 teams 'small' imo. Just natural peaks n troughs
Closed Thread