United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:41 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Football Dippers in copying United shocker!

From Rawk

Apologies if no one agres with this, and delete if you feel appropriate mods.

As most of us know Manchester United fans are wearing Green & Gold Scarves etc to show the support to remove the owners. Now as people will say, just the simple wearing of Green & Gold wont get rid of the owners, but as wearing anything it shows support.. Every game I've watched since they have started doing it the commentators etc have mentioned it.

Now, Just a preposal but why don't we, the fans organise something like this through SOS or just Word of mouth. Obviously Red & White wouldn't work but just stand out colours or something whatever is the general concencous, as I feel it would be a good way of getting the message across. Banners obviously show something but unfortunately you can't hold them up for the whole match and only get any air time towards the start of the game. Scarfs or standout clothing etc which is worn throughout the whole match will be seen around the outside the ground throughout weeks etc.

Yes, people will say 'They copied United' etc. But the more that people talk about it, the more its publised and the more people know about it etc.

Thoughts?

Linkingtons

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=253295.0

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Sloppy

Default Re: Dippers in copying United shocker!

Wont get much worldwide tv coverage when the @#%&!s are on channel 5.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Within a couple of years they'll claim they did it first.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
dunk

How about shit brown.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Within a couple of days they'll claim they did it first.
I've corrected this for you

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

This made me LOL

I think we should wear purple. The colour of Liverpool's bins. Cos our owners are rubbish.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
borsuk

scousers stealing? whatever next?

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
neworder

Quote:
And I'll tell you what, ITV are on dangerous ground with their positive coverage of the 'protests'. It's not anything to do with them yet Tyldesly is now the unofficial poster child of the campaign, mentioning 'the owners' as often as he can. If I were Glazer, and I cared or bothered to watch a game, I'd be on the phone to ITV corporate and gently reminding them that ITV's champions league coverage could be compromised if the owner of a key club was upset with their narrative during televised games.
HAHAHAHA What a load of old shite

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworder
HAHAHAHA What a load of old shite
Talk about not being able to see the bigger picture.

They are so £#%&!ing moronic, that tool at Soccerex last week couldn't even bring himself to utter the word 'United' in relation to clubs fighting for fans having a say in how their club is run...and that £#%&!ing dickheel from SOS ruling out any possiblity of United and Liverpool sharing a common goal in ousting their US owners. 'We would never walk down a road with them, it's a non-starter'.

Bitter and twisted idiots.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
redandhappy

wear black armbands
must of been a wum

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Talk about not being able to see the bigger picture.

They are so £#%&!ing moronic, that tool at Soccerex last week couldn't even bring himself to utter the word 'United' in relation to clubs fighting for fans having a say in how their club is run...and that £#%&!ing dickheel from SOS ruling out any possiblity of United and Liverpool sharing a common goal in ousting their US owners. 'We would never walk down a road with them, it's a non-starter'.

Bitter and twisted idiots.
Lets not forget that they welcomed take over talks, just like 99.9% of other clubs have done

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandhappy
wear black armbands
must of been a wum
that made me chuckle too. Incredibly visible protest

HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Two more crackers

Tbf, the only reason the manc scarf thing has worked is because it is green and yellow, a direct contrast to their club present day colours and a very fortunate coincidence.

Had their original kit been claret or all white then it wouldn't have worked at all.

Once again, by sheer fluke this time, they come up smelling of roses and get what they want.

It's allways a fluke innit.

Tell you one thing, there were a lot of people wearing those scarfs last night.

I know that it pretty much all they are doing and are nowhere near as organized as SOS but it defiantly raises awareness.

£#%&!in mental.

carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworder
Lets not forget that they welcomed take over talks, just like 99.9% of other clubs have done
Apparantly a delegation of scousers were invited and turned up at FC for that rally the other week but left before it started because it was 'too United focused'.

The main speaker was a lad from Pompey.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

edit: carlo, have you got a link to that story, pal? they're so £#%&!ing bitter, it's unreal.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Two more crackers

Tbf, the only reason the manc scarf thing has worked is because it is green and yellow, a direct contrast to their club present day colours and a very fortunate coincidence.

Had their original kit been claret or all white then it wouldn't have worked at all.

Once again, by sheer fluke this time, they come up smelling of roses and get what they want.

It's allways a fluke innit.

Tell you one thing, there were a lot of people wearing those scarfs last night.

I know that it pretty much all they are doing and are nowhere near as organized as SOS but it defiantly raises awareness.

£#%&!in mental.
He has a point to be fair

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
The main speaker was a lad from Pompey.
heard of bose, wharfedale and jbl, but never "a lad from pompey"

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
heard of bose, wharfedale and jbl, but never "a lad from pompey"

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Perhaps the scousers could wear shiny shell suits, that would help them stand out from the crowd.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

edit: carlo, have you got a link to that story, pal? they're so £#%&!ing bitter, it's unreal.
I've not mate, second hand info posted on another forum. But reliable none-the-less....
Closed Thread