United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:39 AM
UnitedRoad

Default Rossi

Could potentially go on to be a big star in the Italian league and for Italy, but I've a feeling wouldn't be able to do it as a Manchester United player.

he possibly doesn't have the build and drive of a Rooney/Tevez or even a Scholes to make it happen in the Premiership - I think it may take a certain type of mentality to really succeed.

But in Italy, given more space and time and a totally different style of football, he could do what players like Veron, Materazzi and Crespo have done in Italy that they couldn't do in England and make an impact.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

What a load of %@#$&!s.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:44 AM
UnitedRoad

I've seen him in a United shirt he's looked out of his depth and lightweight.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Rossi the Red

With a name like that, he's gonna go far.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedRoad
I've seen him in a United shirt he's looked out of his depth and lightweight.
He's played exactly 7 games and has had a year away since in which he's developed a agreat deal. £#%&!'s sake talk about writing a player off prematurely. He's one of the best young talents in Europe for £#%&!s sake.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He's played exactly 7 games and has had a year away since in which he's developed a agreat deal. £#%&!'s sake talk about writing a player off prematurely. He's one of the best young talents in Europe for £#%&!s sake.
*thumbs up*

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:22 AM
UnitedRoad

Quote:
Rossi is 3 months older than Lionel Messi, 3 years older than Wayne Rooney when he made his debut scoring against Arsenal and isn't even an automatic selection for Italy under 21's

I think you might be exagerrating the 'best young talents in europe' bit.

oh.. and couldn't even get a game for the barcodes...

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:26 AM
M46Red

I always think of Gianfranco Zola when I think of Rossi. Hope he lives upto his potential with us. The Premiership isn't all about strength anymore, the way Rossi stole that half a yard and got his shot in last night was quality.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Rossi is 3 months older than Lionel Messi, 3 years older than Wayne Rooney when he made his debut scoring against Arsenal and isn't even an automatic selection for Italy under 21's

Messi is a druggie, was pumped on them as a kid to make him grow

Hes clever enough to not let his size hinder size, hes technique is only matched by Scholes in our squad.
It depends on his pre-season whether he stays or goes out on loan as last season he had a disappointing one.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:

NOTH

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

So because he isn't as developed as Messi or Rooney at the same age you wanna write him off? Don't be an idiot, the u21 coach has made it clear he made a mistake not picking him, if he isn't such a bright talent why areclubslike Juve sniffing and as to Newcastle, what's the manager who didn't pick him up to these days?

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:29 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

That's what I think too for what it's worth.
I'm not unfair enough to compare him with Messi & Rooney (my 2 favourite players in the World game)...but you do feel his lack of pace & strength might cost him in the Premiership & Champions League.
There must be a reason Fergie keeps loaning him out..must be a lot of question marks.

I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong. I'd love to see him 'make it'
His technique, first touch & shot are excellent...it'd be nice to see a 'little' striker go against the trend & be a roaring success.
I'm certainly hoping he get's a chance next season.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:33 AM
UnitedRoad

Quote:
So because he isn't as developed as Messi or Rooney at the same age you wanna write him off? Don't be an idiot, the u21 coach has made it clear he made a mistake not picking him, if he isn't such a bright talent why areclubslike Juve sniffing and as to Newcastle, what's the manager who didn't pick him up to these days?
for the Juve bit (and the international bit), i refer you to my original post.

Scholes is known to be one of the toughest players in the premiership (according to Alan Shearer "he's a hard little bastard"), Zola was technically one of the most gifted footballers of his generation. Rossi for sure isn't in that league.

I'm writing him off as a Manchester United player because I don't think he's go what it takes to hold down a place in our team in the Premiership. We certainly aren't going to pair him with Rooney and with Anderson now coming in, you can forget about him playing "in the hole".

Fact is, probably like Pique, he's a player we've developed to sell on for profit, and that's probably what's going to happen. He could well thrive in Serie A (which was my original point), but he'll not be a Premiership star. Feel free to BTTT this whenever you like. Obviously if it's for our club, I'd love to be proved wrong, but I just don't think he's got the goods.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
There must be a reason Fergie keeps loaning him out..must be a lot of question marks.

He's been loaned out for 1 season, just like Pique, Evans and Simpson.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:34 AM
carlosartorial

For what it's worth, I don't think he will make it at OT either.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:40 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
He's been loaned out for 1 season, just like Pique, Evans and Simpson.
Wel Rossi's technically been loaned out twice! (albeit in the same season)..but I get your point.
Is Rossi not a good few years older than those lads though?

Look, I've said I'd like to see Rossi make it. I just think people are expecting too much from him without him having really proved it in our first team. Let's wait & see what happens next season. If he stays & gets a chance then it's up to him to fulfill the promise, if he's loaned out again or sold then obviously he isn't up to it.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Baron

Quote:
Wel Rossi's technically been loaned out twice! (albeit in the same season)..but I get your point.

Look, I've said I'd like to see Rossi make it. I just think people are expecting too much from him without him having really proved it in our first team. Let's wait & see what happens next season. If he stays & gets a chance then it's up to him to fulfill the promise, if he's loaned out again or sold then obviously he isn't up to it.
Fletcher's got half the ability, less than half the strength, ditto Snooty, yet they get 200+ appearances between them? Rossi deserves the chance to play with better players - he scored away on his first start for us against the Mackem's didn't he?

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Rossi is 20. Evans is 19. Pique is 20. Personally I think his time at Parma and for Italy u21s have shown what talent he is and too much is being made of his size. He's got great movement, is an unbelievable finisher, has good pace and isa lot tougher than is being made out. I see no reason not to give him a chance and will be surprised if Fergie doesn't. More than this I'm surprised and a bit disappoonted at the eagerness of some to write him off so young.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
for the Juve bit (and the international bit), i refer you to my original post.

Scholes is known to be one of the toughest players in the premiership (according to Alan Shearer "he's a hard little bastard"), Zola was technically one of the most gifted footballers of his generation. Rossi for sure isn't in that league.

I'm writing him off as a Manchester United player because I don't think he's go what it takes to hold down a place in our team in the Premiership. We certainly aren't going to pair him with Rooney and with Anderson now coming in, you can forget about him playing "in the hole".

Fact is, probably like Pique, he's a player we've developed to sell on for profit, and that's probably what's going to happen. He could well thrive in Serie A (which was my original point), but he'll not be a Premiership star. Feel free to BTTT this whenever you like. Obviously if it's for our club, I'd love to be proved wrong, but I just don't think he's got the goods.
NOTH (Once again)

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Darth Vidic

Rossi isn't slow.

Rossi won't be bullied out of games.

Rossi is one of the best finishers at the club.

Rossi will get a lot of assists.

Rossi was phenomenal in the reserves. He's scored goals in a struggling team in Serie A who've stayed up.

Rossi's wanted by top clubs.

But he's ours.

Rossi is hungry & ready.
Closed Thread