United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Child of Darkness

Default Champions league qualification permutations thread .

Help me out here bit confused with all the what ifs .

We are likely to get fifth place , so miss out on automatic , but an FA cup win will Gets us a place ?

But what happens if the vermin win the Europa ?

There's a max 5 teams from any one country I believe ?

Unread 24-04-2016, 11:38 AM
RedMenace

FA Cup gets Europa not CL

Unread 24-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
FA Cup gets Europa not CL

How could anybody not know that?

Codders :belm:

Unread 24-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

How could anybody not know that?

Codders :belm:
Soz , I don't really pay much attention these days .

Unread 24-04-2016, 11:46 AM
saffers

If we finish 4th we will most likely be getting a cl place. Even if the dippers win the europa. Last season spain had 5 CL places due to sevilla winning the europa.

The only problem arises if City somehow scab the CL...

Then we get replaced by them in the CL (if they finish behind us). If it is Arsenal we leapfrog then we 100% get CL irrespective of anything else.

Unread 24-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If we finish 4th we will most likely be getting a cl place. Even if the dippers win the europa. Last season spain had 5 CL places due to sevilla winning the europa.

The only problem arises if City somehow scab the CL...

Then we get replaced by them in the CL (if they finish behind us). If it is Arsenal we leapfrog then we 100% get CL irrespective of anything else.
Ta mate . So we need 4th come what may . Can't see it now tbh .

Unread 24-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Ashley's Grime

I think if we finish 5th we go to the uefa cup group stage, if we finish sixth and win the cup I think we go to the uefa cup playoff round.

Unread 24-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Sparky***

United won't qualify for the champions league.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Unread 24-04-2016, 03:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
United won't qualify for the champions league.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Just like we wouldn't win the last few games we have won. Yes, that's cleared up alright

Unread 24-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just like we wouldn't win the last few games we have won. Yes, that's cleared up alright
Yeah, nobody saw us beating Villa, Palace and Everton

We won't get top four because we're not as good as the teams above us and we have too many £#%&!-ups in us, not because we don't occasionally win games.

We will drop points in the league again and that will be it. To finish 4th and get the fa cup would see us winning 10 of our last 11 matches. We simply aren't capable of that.

Unread 24-04-2016, 03:19 PM
red in cumbria

Do I need to refer you to Sparky's specific predictions?

In particular, he said after the Villa game that Palace would embarrass us. In the event, it was almost literally a stroll in the park.

Unread 24-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Do I need to refer you to Sparky's specific predictions?

In particular, he said after the Villa game that Palace would embarrass us. In the event, it was almost literally a stroll in the park.
You don't. I'm not talking specifics because we're very unpredictable. We can beat anyone and lose to anyone, but that unpredictability will ensure we drop critical points at some stage. Where they come, I don't know, but they will come.

We live every game right on the edge.

Unread 24-04-2016, 03:29 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, you are quite right that the general pattern of things under LvG has been like that.

Now would be a good time to finally put a real run together, though. I don't really expect it myself, but you never know

Unread 24-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yeah, nobody saw us beating Villa, Palace and Everton

We won't get top four because we're not as good as the teams above us and we have too many £#%&!-ups in us, not because we don't occasionally win games.

We will drop points in the league again and that will be it. To finish 4th and get the fa cup would see us winning 10 of our last 11 matches. We simply aren't capable of that.
of course we are ffs, we've beaten them both in the last few weeks as well... we £#%&!ed up december on a downer after crashing out of the CL and getting 100 injuries at the same time. if not for that we'd be ahead of the pair of them most likely...

Unread 24-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
of course we are ffs, we've beaten them both in the last few weeks as well... we £#%&!ed up december on a downer after crashing out of the CL and getting 100 injuries at the same time. if not for that we'd be ahead of the pair of them most likely...
Yep. We'd be ahead of everyone if we hadn't lost all those games.

Unread 24-04-2016, 05:47 PM
92ToBury

We win all our games, City beat Arsenal and we come 4th.

Unread 24-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We win all our games, City beat Arsenal and we come 4th.
United won't win all their games. Starting with next weekend against Leicester

Unread 24-04-2016, 05:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
United won't win all their games. Starting with next weekend against Leicester
Not one weekend can go by without you depressing someone can it?

Unread 24-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yep. We'd be ahead of everyone if we hadn't lost all those games.
that's an interesting attempt at sarcasm.

as things stand we're 5pts behind them both, they play each other, city have the CL s/f, and we have a game in hand. just 1pt extra would have put us in a very strong position. the key period was immediately after that CL exit. people [like you] love to bang on about that period, but aren't so keen on the natural extension of your argument, which is that normally we would have taken at least 1pt from games against norwich, bournemouth and stoke.

Unread 24-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Not one weekend can go by without you depressing someone can it?
If anyone on here gets depressed about reading words typed on here they should seek help.
Closed Thread